Reviews for I'm Not Here, You're Not Here
Liebestraum chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
This is a very interesting perspective on a rarely-mentioned topic. To be honest, I've never considered the stresses on Soichiro and Sachiko's relationship. I'd be interested in a companion piece to this one, from Soichiro's perspective, if you're short on ideas for new stories.
Serria chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Oh my gosh... you're utterly fantastic. Just, wow. What a wonderful collaboration of Yagami moments, woven together perfectly. It's such a good idea, and things like this are not done often enough. I've also always imagined that their relationship must be a difficult one, because Soichiro works all the time, and he's a cop so it's not as though his job is safe... We don't get to know Sachiko very well in the series, but you've brought her to flesh. I like the little additional details you added, such as how Light and Sayu wait up at night to see their father, or even that Sachiko is jealous of Sayu's young form. This was great, have I said that yet? Good job!
The Pocketwatch chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
Very good job. Loved it.
chiisana-inori chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
I can't believe I didn't see this! It's nothing short of amazing... I love how the interludes were perfect as standalones and wholes to the story. It gave (minor characters!) a wonderful 3D feeling and background that ran so smoothly it was as if it were fact. You did an excellent job of showing not telling, a big thing that's a must for me. Awesome work! I hope to see more works like this in the future. :)

Chii
Kleine Aster chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Nana, youre a great writer and its such a beautiful fic. Im not a fan of the Yagami family at all, but the light you shed on this relationship is so wonderfully down to earth and still emotional. I like this breathless style of storytelling, with these little remarks like "...god shes perfect" woven in. On one hand the fic is full of dry and cool observations about the downward path the family is taking ... on the other hand it always stays close to Sachikos emotions. I liked the first part, where we get to meet a younger and sillier Soichiro that is so different from what he will become. And how you describe how their talented and intelligent children get influenced and distorted by this lifestyle.

Soichiro and Sachiko is the only "grown up" relationship in Death Note, and I really like the way you explore it.

Best,

eightball
Saulie chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
I absolutely adored this. Thanks for again shedding light on Sachiko the often-overshadowed.