Reviews for The Curse of Immortality
Purest of the Hearts chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
I cried. Shadow just lost his last angelic wing. Now he is in his own little Hell with no way out. He is truly a fallen angel.
LUCY LABRADOR chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Made me cry!
Rafael Pereira chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I wonder how Shadow will be after the world ends(he can survive in space)
Cstan chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
So sad :( Everyone seeks immortality but only those who have it thrust upon them realize it's a curse.
Semper idem chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
*Crying... again*
Anna Marcelli Palmer chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Simple, brief style, aiming directly at the emotion. A veteran's great way to treat a cliche topic, and make me cry, an action I am not used to.

"Vermilion eyes flashed with sadness and anger, all in vain.

It was the curse of immortality".

The. Last. Sentence. Broke. Me. How can you possibly stuff the exasperation, the solitude, the sadness, the sheer pain of hundreds of years in just some 15 words?

Greatness lies in the way a writer treats an overused topic. You gave me a deeper view of immortality, one I have used in one of my stories in greek, amd am glad to see.

A.M. Palmer

PS. I don't have much time currently, so I will devote time to the "interview" I told you about probably this weekend
Shad0wFanGir1 chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
*cries* this is so sad! Why must he be cursed with immortality? Why? *screams at the sky*
PreviouslyTorpe chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Wow! This was so, angsty. I mean, it was really well written, and just gave me this over-flowing tragic sense of emotion.

GREAT JOB!
Ruby Verfasser chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
This is a sad story. :( I WANTED to cry, but I managed to hold it back. Hmm, maybe I'll cry if I read it later. Great job. Imma fav this one.
The Nevermore Raven chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Poor Shadow. Immortality is a curse when those you love are mortal. Mankind has sought the Fountain of Youth with childish ambition, considering not what the result would be. Selfish improvident and stupid. Though Death is a cruel mistress, she has her duty for a reason that few understand. Patrick Henry said, "The greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph." The world is destined to end, fortunately even for Shadow! I am fond of your writing and stories. The sentences are elegant, vivid, and engaging. I chose to make him a mortal.

I am finished writing a tragic story of my own. I am waiting for reviews before posting any more chapters. The story is "Shadow's First Life." Your comments would be greatly appreciated, praise or criticism.
Miki Fubuki chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
I kind of agree with the title. Immortality is a painful thing..if you are there watching how your loved ones died...Poor Shadow..
Supreme SR chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
That was so sad! -sob- -sob- -sob- It reminds me of Tuck Everlasting. You really did good on the sorrowful mood.
Supreme Shadow chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Good story, excellent dialogue, but there is one, crippling, annoying problem.

Descriptions.

Specifically, the colours of the characters: "A golden fox with bright cerulean eyes.

A crimson echidna with determined amethyst eyes.

An azure hedgehog with stone-set emerald eyes.

An obsidian hedgehog with ferocious vermilion eyes."

being a good example. Its too showy and pointless. Stick to the basic colours, only go into that kind of language once or twice.

Other than that, pretty good.
Fehize chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
I liked the details you added here. I can can actually see this kinda happening! -nods-
J. A. Umberger chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
you know the human (and hedgehog) mind so well. i applude you greatly. A person like you should write your own stories. However that does not mean I don't like tyour Shadow the Hedhehog stories. Unfortunatly, there are so few that so what really goes on in his head. MAY YYOU QUILLS STAY SHARP!