Reviews for Twas a Dark and Stormy Night
Crispy Rice Burroughs chapter 1 . 6/13/2015
Your Fleinhardt is perfect. I loved this - Numb3rs meets Scooby Doo, but better. I'll definitely have to read more of your work.
Guest chapter 12 . 1/9/2013
Your story reminded me of the movies 'Murder by Death' and 'Clue'. Screwball comedy at its best. Thanks for writing this.
Guest chapter 12 . 8/14/2012
That was awesome and funny. I hope that u will update again soon
spnMom chapter 12 . 5/10/2009
OK, this story was like a comedic episode... Have they done a comedic Numb3rs story? If not, they should. Thanks, this was a good one.
spnMom chapter 6 . 5/9/2009
I have absolutely no idea where this is going... A gas that is knocking everybody out? Werewolves? Ghosts? The FBI (including Charlie's brother), just happening to be serving a warrant in a town of 13 just up the road from where Larry just inherited a castle? This sounds like some old time scary movie... Totally different! I assume that ugly painting in the hallway is the one that the FBI is looking for, too. So many questions, so few chapters to discover the answers... This is fun, thanks!
ALEO chapter 12 . 7/8/2007
Wonderful! Loved the Fleinhardt-isms, you got him nailed. I agree with the others, I had definate flashbacks to Scooby Doo, the whole haunted house thing. It was great, you set up the atmosphere with the storm and dusty house really well.

This would make a great halloween special to be filmed!

The ending was brilliant, Don kept his sense of humour with dropping his gun, picking it back up only to drop it again. I was waiting to see who might be standing behind the Sheriff and his deputy for a moment there. Can't wait for your next story.
lizzie chapter 12 . 7/5/2007
Great story! Love how the good guys got caught by the bad guys, then the bad guys got caught by Charlie, then Charlie...oh well, you know the rest.

Can't wait to see more from you!
Ship's Cat chapter 12 . 6/25/2007
Hah! Great story! I enjoyed the whole thing, haunted castle, desperate sisters and wet FBI men and all. Looking forwards to your next Numb3rs fic.
Lush chapter 12 . 6/24/2007
An enjoyable read. I loved it and stil wonder where Scooby Doo and Shaggy were.

I like reading your stories and I hope you'll give another one before too long, please.
Taura Callisto chapter 12 . 6/22/2007
Great story. I'm always sad to see the good stories finish, then I'm left with nothing to read! ( So you'll just have to start right away on another one. ;)
Stellarsiren chapter 12 . 6/22/2007
OMG! That was too precious! I love it! Esp. the "Ghostbusters" and "X-Files" references. Oh, and Mindy! ROTFL!
Serialgal chapter 10 . 6/20/2007
Cute story - love the humor, the Larry-isms and the suspense. I too, was channeling Scooby, but that just adds to the fun. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Taura Callisto chapter 10 . 6/19/2007
loving it, loving it, loving it!
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 10 . 6/19/2007
Another great funfilled chapter. I really look forward to your updates. Hope they find Charlie soon. But I am really waiting for Don and the guys to finally see Bigfoot. That will be a riot.
Alice I chapter 8 . 6/19/2007
Oye! Megan had better not shoot Don, David or Colby!

Charlie is fine. He is being bothered by a human made specter of course but the real question is - Did he also fall through the floor?

I'm still waiting for the Scooby snacks to appear or better yet some elaborate trap to catch the bad guy in the mask! LOL

Then Charlie can stand next to the ghoulish ghoul and tell how they figured out that the old mansion was haunted by art thieves before pulling off the mask to find...

The old lady from the town hall! Yeah!

Okay sorry I had a Scooby flashback just then. he he he

I suppose I had better go on and read chapter nine just to make sure that:

1. Larry doesn't have a broken leg or something

2. Megan doesn't shoot one of her team

3. Charlie... well I think Charlie is probably just fine besides he needs to find that the ugly painting is now missing from the wall out in the hallway. The one that doesn't really look like Larry.

Oh BTW I did notice a little insignificant inconsistency. If Charlie went up to the bedroom with a flashlight then why did he need to light a candle to find the other candles in the room?

Sorry I actually "see" what I am reading and when Charlie lit the candle, using the light to locate other candles in the dark. I could still see the flashlight in his hand.

No worries - it is still a very entertaining story and I have told my girls that I would be willing to read it to them for a bedtime story.

I'm off to read chapter 8 now.

Alice I