Reviews for Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
Teach is black beard
BearSkinRug chapter 20 . 8/11/2013
WOWW. FIVE STARS
The Obssesive Fangirl chapter 40 . 7/16/2013
c: this story is awesome. I LOVE Sammie she's just plain awesome. YESH YOU MADE A SEQUEL! I'm so happy...
PotatoTomatoPotato845 chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Nice one.
evo chapter 3 . 6/3/2013
will and calypso...ew.
sdjrl chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
when someone or something far away for us we show so much of love
KesseGirl1 chapter 23 . 11/5/2012
I love it when he wheres his bandana, it makes all the more HOT!
KesseGirl1 chapter 5 . 11/4/2012
awwwwww, so sweet, I loved it.

MORE REVIEWS STILL TO COME! :D
KesseGirl1 chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
awwwww, it's so sad that Will had to leave Elizabeth
JDLuvaSQEE chapter 2 . 3/27/2012
"The only reason that I came to see you is because I had to tell you about the baby. It's yours Jack. You're going to be a father." This caused another round of gasps from the crew. Jack scoffed at that notion, narrowing his eyes at Ana.

"How can you be sure that it's my baby?" Ana rolled her eyes, exasperated with him.

"Because I haven't been with anyone else besides you!" The realization finally dawned on Jack.

"Oh," he said simply, and then fainted dead away. Elizabeth, Ana, and Gibbs all crowded around their captain, staring down at his still form.

BAHAHAHAHAHA! FUNNIEST PART! I LOVE IT!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 40 . 1/27/2012
The start was a bit abrupt- even before Angelica was introduced to the series, I was always so-so about the idea of Anamaria as Jack’s love interest-, but I definitely appreciated the more friendly dynamic you established between Jack and Elizabeth here (A closer relationship between them doesn’t work, but they do make an interesting team), and subsequent developments were highly interesting, I assure you.

Jack’s response to fatherhood was definitely typical Jack- trying to do what is essentially the ‘right’ thing even if his method of doing so leaves a great deal to be desired-, and the twist with Calypso’s new ‘interest’ in Will gave the story an intriguing new personal dynamic even before you introduced the more ‘conventional’ enemy of Alexander Beckett (Even if I still feel that he could have appeared a bit more than he did; it might have been interesting to see some of his more minor schemes and their subsequent failure as Jack and Elizabeth were able to contact Will for last-minute assistance or something like that).

Of course, the obvious family dynamic you created here was also interesting, with Jack, AnaMarie and Elizabeth forming a strange but effective bond in Will’s absence as they all learn how to be parents together- Sammi and William made for rather interesting and effective OCs, on that topic; enough similarities to their parents to make it clear whose family they belonged to, while enough differences to distinguish them as their own people-, coupled with the unique threat posed by Calypso and the EITC to the possibility of them breaking Will’s curse.

A bit ambiguous about Teague being Blackbeard (And that’s not just because we’ve been subsequently introduced to the ‘canon’ version of Blackbeard), but Faith’s curse and abilities made for an interesting yet brief twist, and the final attempted attack on the Turners by Calypso and her assorted forces was definitely dramatic, to say nothing of the unique concept of the ‘X-Files’ element you introduced to the plot (Although I still wish you’d elaborated on that a bit more), and the final resolution perfectly reflected the essentially self-sacrificing nature of the best of the Pirates when called upon to make that final difficult decision for those they care about while also being a perfectly plausible loophole (The bonus chapters seemed a bit surplus to requirements, but I suppose that’s why they’re ‘bonus’).

All in all, the writing style could have been a bit better in some parts- character reactions felt a bit off in a few places, things like that-, but the central concept was excellent, and in general the plot was highly effective; keep up the good work!
Junior Pirate chapter 39 . 7/7/2011
LOL LOL LOL LOL!

"I don't want to be a woman."

William raised his eyebrows.

"You'd rather be a man?"

Oh boy! That's why I love this story so much. Hahahahahaha!
Team Rosalie chapter 40 . 1/23/2011
great stry! :]
JuseaPeterson chapter 40 . 7/13/2010
This was a great chapter. I felt so bad for Sammi when she realized the whole thing was only a dream. I think you did a great job with it. That would have been a great birthday.

That was a really good story. I completely loved it. I love how you followed up, and created some very intersting and great characters. I love how they're not exact copies of their parents, and yet you can still see them.

Amazing job on the story.
JuseaPeterson chapter 39 . 5/21/2010
I was not expecting this chapter to be about Sammi getting her first period. It was quite funny though. I really like how you handle it with her not realizing it at first and such. Sammi's continued crush on William is so cute.

I love the reactions from Will, Jack and William, they were all well done. I loved the conversation between Will and Jack. And when William was upset because of Jack's first reaction that was funny.

The whole thing with Jack wanting to have a secret guard follow Sammi every night was hilarious.

Great job on this chapter. I really liked it.
1,639 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »