Reviews for The Irony of Friendship
Mists chapter 1 . 6/7
Wonderful job on this one. I always wanted more Davis and Matt scenes. On the surface they are both drastically different types of people, but at their core I feel the two have a lot of things in common. Excellent job!
Anon chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
Courage and Friendship together- what could possibly go wrong?

Matt has an image of Omnimon running around on a sugar high.
Haunt of twilight chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Great story! I love Matt! This was a great bonding!
Arisces chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
aw :3

That is my favorite episode, and this is officially my favortie oneshot haha.

Great job :D
19thpersonality chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Wow. This was honestly the best Davis-centric fic I've read... yet. Well done. And you made me think about my own friendships. Again, congrats.
TheGreatAnimeFan chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Now this was a great fic. I'm saving this.
Mazzie May chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
Oh! What channel did you catch it on? Is it still on there? I'm eyeing a box set collection of 01, but in the mean time, anything would help!

This is so good. I typed, like, six o's but I doubt they'll show up. Unlikely! Not unlikely as in it probably wouldn't happen, but unlikely as in a lot of fans wouldn't catch this. You nailed Davis right on, I think. His constant flubbing of of TKs name cracked me up. And your Matt is great, also.

What I really enjoyed about the story was how you presented that just because you're on a team doesn't magically make you all friends. Not only is it true, but it's very Davis (and his age group) to think something like that. You play well to the characters AND their age group. A lot of people forget how old the kids are in 02, so kudos on keeping something like that in mind.

This was a great read and it's on a one way trip to my favorites list! :3

-Mazzie May
TheDonutMistress chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
That was fantastic. I'm really impressed with the characterization. Davis especially. Not because I think your Matt was any less awesome, just that it's really easy to make fun of poor Davis, but not so easy to take him seriously. His qualities, his Davis...ness is all there, perfectly in tact, but you gave him a lot of depth, too, and I very much appreciate it.

The interaction with Matt was really believable.

The whole story is great.
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
*Applauds loudly* There aren't enough Davis/Matt friendship fics out there! All we see is Tai,tai,more Tai-its a deeper part of Davis that doesn't get shown that often, and Davis is a great opportunity for Matt to teach and grow. Thank you for portraiting this in an amusing and realistic fashion. Yay!
thisaccountisdeadnow chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Oh this was lovely, I really love your interpretation of the characters. It's nice to see some really deep characterisation, especially with Davis. )

And introspective!Matt is just a treat to read.
EmD23 chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Awesome storiy. I always felt like Davis and Matt never really connected as much as the others did with their succesors. It's a really good fic.
Broken Angel01 chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
Wow, thanks for letting me know about this story. I'm glad you did and you were right! I loved it!

Really good friendship fics are so hard to find, in my opinion, but this one was awesome. It was serious, but it had some good humour in it that made me laugh, which is always a good thing.

And the last line was the best! I hope you never lose any of your inspiration otherwise the rest of us are going to miss out on some good stories!
YinYangWhiteTiger chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
XD solved myseiry of why Davis likes Kari
DaiCrazy chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
WOW! That was really good! :) It's rare to find fics like this, let alone having them be well writen. You just made the rest of my day! (all 1 hour and 55 minutes left of it. :) )

Keep writing! ;)
The Digital Gate chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Awesome Matt-Davis friendship fic. Really believable. I actually like Davis's character better now.