Reviews for Exigence
karagrace chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Wow, this was heartbreaking (and ok a little gross) and uplifting, nicely done.

Off to read more...
Quill-32 chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
Love the last line! And everyone acting sort of juvenile about them being together. So like Sara to zoom out of the lot and insist on driving.
Scourge of Nemo chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
O_O

I REALLY shouldn't be reading this at the moment. It's making me so sad... That's a good thing, though; I've come across a grand totaly of five writers that make me tear up consistently.

You are one of them.

Poor, poor Greg... Heh. I love this- I'll be reading more of your stuff.

IGC t DM
cabooklover21 chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Eek, I've read this more than a few times and I never left a review! This is great, perfect really. I like it a lot. Very Grissom and Sara. I especially like the part when he brings her home, finding a sobbing Sara and thinking to ask her if she is alright is a very Grissom thing to do. And Warrick, at the end, awesome!
katyrye chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
hey your an awesome author. Im not good in the rmance department but, m trying... you have great stories.
KneeDeepinInk chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
You are brilliant; I have said it before and I will say it again.

Your writing far surpasses all others. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas with the rest of us

Dy
Tadpole24 chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
OK. so i can't breathe properly. Which is odd, coz this isn't exactly a "Leave-You-Breathless" story. But God, it's damn good. :)

I Love the flow. Or the lack of flow. OK...contradiction there, but what i mean is, the story flows with the breaks in it, with the interspersed quotes, with everything. This story flows and it makes it so much easier on a reader who's just getting back into the swing of fanfiction things. (God I missed this. lol)

You've captured these characters amazingly. I really love your writing. I can't fault a thing. I really like how you've got these little inner monologues going through the story. Like the asking a question and then answering it too. It's a simple thing that everyone does, but hardly anyone acknowledges it in stories.

Um...There was something else...but I've forgotten

Oh! It was when Sara was rescued. I really liked that. It wasn't over done or under done or cliched. It was just perfect. I like that they talk before she is taken into the ambulance, but I like that it's not some undying love confession thing. You did it beautifully without ruining a moment. :)

This may seem mean in a way, to comment on another story in your review, but I feel this needs to be said... There is one series of stories on this site that i have deemed perfect. I'm not sure if you're a reader of Fanfic, or just like the writing side, but the Race Among the Ruins, Dreamers on the Rise and Sniper trilogy is amazing. And i have read, re-read it and commented numerous times. These are some seriously good stories. I just wanted to class this story in the same league.

Thanks for a great read. I hope you keep writing.

Peace and Love

Em

-xox-
MootheQuackingCow chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Holy fuck. You're my idol. Officially. I've read your stuff on geekfiction thrice over. You have an exceptional talent, and all of your stories end beautifully. I really hope that one day I'll become as talented, if not half as much, as you are.
Leigh57 chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Okay. So um, I have no clue how to cut and paste in here, so pardon the total lack of finesse I'm sure this review will have. I don't even have my own damn name! lol. But I'm trying! Becrap! I love this story so much that I have to review it even though I know nothing about CSI. Well basically nothing. Except that Catherine is cooler than you think she is;)

Things I love about this story:

1) The incredibly clarity of your writing, and the fact that there is absolutely nothing unnecessary here. I like to think of myself as minimalist, but I SO have nothing on you. You've elevated it to an art form.

2) The completely disjointed nature of both Sara and Grissom's thoughts. It makes perfect sense under these circumstances, and you make it come completely alive in the story - the way that it's hard to tell what's real from what's hallucinatory, her singing, his dreams, etc. Effing brilliant.

3) The part where Gil's like "I cleaned the bathroom and changed the sheets and I would have died if you died. Makes my stomach do that thing more every time I read it.

4) The big about Grisson thinking that life would be WAY too long w/o Sara. I'm not even a them shipper and it made me sque

5) The shower. Cause yeah. I have nothing to say that will cover the love of my shower. Except that my love for it is prodigious.

6) The skin drawing. Where do you get this stuff? Sigh. I want to think of things like this. Like, right now. So I can actually write the next chapter of my damn story. Meh;)

7) The whole list of what everyone does when Sara comes back. And how Gil's all protective but can't be too much because he knows she'll rip him a new one. You don't go overboard with the mush AT ALL, but it's there like I can touch it. SIGH!

Okay. I'm stopping now. Cause this review is gonna look way hilarious on here. You know what I'm used to. So sue me:) It's brilliant, and I can't wait for the next one.
grslovewriter chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
that was pretty goog
kaheels chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
Wow, that was so perfect. I really think you captured the characters perfectly. I can imagine the aftermath playing out lots of ways, but I really like this one. Beautifully done.
JackofSpade chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Favorite Line: She grins, openly. “I will.” She touches the peak of his cap. “See you tonight. And, you’re making dinner.”

Caught this over at Geek Fiction and fell in love with the story. So happy to find it here for a chance to submit a review. What a great roller coaster ride from a tearful beginning to sappy sweet ending!
lamcsi chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Absolutely love your story. It was perfect and I hope this is just how the next season begins.
Trinityangel chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
I have a confession to make. I've read this story at least three times. It's fantastic. Bloody fantastic. Well done. You've really captured the characters and written one helluva story! Congrats!
unbridled soul chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
absolutely amazing... you have a wonderful talent! Keep it up! it captures your mind and holds it there, just as a story is supposed to do. You took a short-piece and made it truly kick-ass and beautiful. BRAVO!