Reviews for I need a hero
DayDreamer077 chapter 9 . 1/26/2011
well I think she is strong but at times her loves makes her weak in the knees. What I mean is sometimes love makes us blind. That's why it took her almost 3 years to let him go (or 6 if you're going by series seasonal outline)

In time I think he'll realize it as well as her. She's right though I think his emotional state is younger than hers because of all the abuse he dealt with when he was a child. He was forced to deal with grown up issues but he never fully understood them because of what has happened.

Or it could be that the abuse just hindered his emotional state. I mean the trauma of it all. I heard that sometimes people retreat back to when they felt more comfortable in order to deal with what had happened in the past.
Woody2792 chapter 9 . 1/17/2010
I can see why you ended it this way...

A little OOC, but I enjoyed reading it all the same )
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 9 . 10/2/2008
you know, I've never before encountered an author among whose fics with the category Romance, such an extremely small percentage had a positive outcome, all others ended negatively and angstily (I went through all your House MD fics btw). And even those 2 fics weren't that romantic, or fluffy, certainly not enough to not feel like having been ridden hard and put away wet. There's no catharsis with your fics after all that angst.

Sophocles had said 2500 years ago that a reader needs to feel a catharsis after reading the end of angst in a story, that all that angst must be ended in a way that will emotionally reward the reader for reading the work, that there has to be enough positive elements even in a negative ending that the reader will reach the catharsis and still have some positive feelings and hope, and definitely not feel completely empty, let down and depressed. Sophocles had recognized 2500 years ago something that many authors, producers, screenwriters,... don't recognize still: that readers become emotionally invested in the story they're reading and they will feel with and for their favorite characters and since most people are good people they will hope only the best for those characters, even though they know they're not real, and not wish them tragedy, sadness and pain.

Following that, considering the fact that you prefer angst to happiness in your stories, you could've at least been considerate to prospective readers to write in your personal profile a warning to people looking for REAL romance fics, something like: "if you want to read fics with a happy ended, go back, you won't find them here. I don't do happy and I don't do romantic in it's true meaning. You'll just be wasting your time and will only get disappointed." Or something like that.

I'm sorry for being harsh, I know I'll regret the words in a few minutes, but this is how I feel after reading a few fics of yours, namely let down, disappointed, depressed.
Potterworm chapter 9 . 8/12/2008
I'm glad you didn't have them get together. You managed to keep the characters in character, which many people fail to do. I would've been ticked off had they gotten together.
fishyfin1 chapter 9 . 9/26/2007
well written - and you're right , i just hate that they didnt get together
Dr. Cameron chapter 9 . 6/30/2007
You write so eloquently, it's such a pleasure to read. :)

However, there are some things I have to criticize.

I know I got really behind on this fic, and I'm sorry, I blame it on exams. So I'm going to have to mention some things from a long time ago in this fic. Mostly about the trial stuff; the future lawyer in me can't help myself!

First of all, the Prosecutor does not swear in the witnesses. There is either a baliff, court clerk, or judge that does that. Secondly, not all witnesses are forced to swear on the Bible. There's something they use in courts these days called Affirmation. What that means is the person doing the swearing in reads a passage to the witness that basically says "do you recognize that everything you say here is true, and that if you are not honest you're breaking the law". The person just has to say "yes". I know because I've done it. So, it would have been the perfect tool for an atheist like Cameron. Thirdly, I watch Shark too, and I'm fairly certain that he works for the good guys. You called him a public defender. As I'm sure you know, public defenders are defence attorneys that represent the people that cannot afford the hot-shots. Stark is a prosecutor. I'm sure that was just a small error missed in the proofread, but I just thought I'd mention it. ;)

There's one other thing I had to mention, and that's House's realization that Cameron's in love with him. House has always been blatanly aware of her feelings, and has used them to his advantage on several occasions (if you ask me, he's more aware of them than she is). So I find it hard to believe that he would be oblivious to them.

So, just to wrap up, because I'm sure you're tired of listening to me now, I thought the ending was good. Although it's sad that she's leaving, I thought you stayed true to the story and the characters. It's hard not to deviate from them as fics go on, especially at the end, so good job. :)
marblue chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
great story!

please add some more soon ok? :))
Mel J1701 chapter 9 . 6/15/2007
I didn't think this ending was terrible in the least. The characters were depicted in a realistic manner (it'd have been far too out-of-character for House to throw himself into Cameron's arms like some lovesick marshmallow from a cheap teeny film) and the last few lines gave the story a bittersweet edge.

The only thing I disagreed with was Cameron's assertion that House should have gone to jail because I think she would have been the first to see the charges were all the whim of Tritter's childish grudge and when you back a chronic pain patient into a corner like that, taking away their drugs, they will resort to stealing. I think Cameron, of all House's acquaintances, sees he isn't an addict, he's in genuine pain who has to take addictive drugs to counteract that pain.

That said, this was still a great story.
FireGirl09 chapter 9 . 6/15/2007
OK, I liked the story and the fact that House hugged her, but I could honestly see House going after her, but only if he really, truely cared for her. Anyway, great story!
FeathersAndNails chapter 9 . 6/15/2007
"And maybe, one day, they’d meet again."

Maybe? The humanity can't be happy with 'maybe'.

Great fic, by the way.
klewald chapter 9 . 6/14/2007
I just found this fic tonight.. It's fabulous! And, a sequel would be amazing. Maybe they could randomly run into each other at some medical conference that House is forced to go to, Cam and House exchange a few well-chosen words of anger, one shows up to the other's dinner or something, they're forced to have polite conversation because they're in public, and gradually fall in lurve! Yeah. That was just my weird off-and-on imagination talking. But you're just a really great writer, and it would make me sad if such an awesome character and plot setup goes to waste!
lostmymind-backin5min chapter 9 . 6/14/2007
Amazing...i see your reasoning...but another would be nice...they meet again?please
HouseCam63 chapter 9 . 6/13/2007
i'm so sad this story is over! (

altho i wanted house and cameron to be together, how you ended it was very believable and i think u you did a wonderful job ending it in a hopeful tone.

will you write a sequel? :)
El Neneo chapter 9 . 6/13/2007
HELLO! This screams sequel!
Sybil Olivier chapter 9 . 6/13/2007
so is this the end? i hope not. well wonderful chapter and im eager to read another.

~sam