Reviews for Fortune
Guest chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
That's it? All that build up for "oh ranchan! Do you mean it?"? Don't get me wrong everything was written beautifully, but for an ukyou x ranma fic there was a surprising lack of ukyou, it's like that joke that's building up all movie long for a very weak payoff.
The Reality DumPer chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
Such an evil Nabiki... I haven't seen the worst side of her yet, as I think I was only halfway (or so) through with anime. Btw, you did great. :)
ryu238 chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
People forget just how evil nabiki can be, and Ukyo fan's forget that she is just as bad as the other fiancess and this proves it. Good job, though I doubt ranma would want to willingly be Uyo fiancee after this stunt.
JL2988 chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Love it! Ranchan and Ucchan for the win!
brindani chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
A very nice story in the making. I like the way everything plays out, Ranma has certainly placed himself in a hard position to get out and I'm certain Nabiki is going to find after a more careful reading of that contract that she missed some important details.

Can't wait to see how this plays out

brindani
Athla chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
NO ESCAPE!

hehehehe, he's ukyou's man now all right.
LadyKatherine29 chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Nabiki rules. she's the ulitmate capitalist. This was really a very fun read. love the plot, the flow is good. I can hardy wait to see how Ranma gets himself out of this mess. Again great read.
Dumbledork chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Oh boy! Poor Ranma.
The Eromancer chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
idot needs to plan more, good so far.
intrasonic chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Hah, funny little twist on the original event. This looks like it has the potential to go the serious or slapstick route, it'll be interesting to see which you choose. I am, of course, assuming that the lack of 'Complete' in the story description means that this wasn't intended as a quick one-shot.

I like Soun's misinterpretation of Nabiki's explanation. Isn't a father's faith and trust in his daughter a wonderful thing?
Jimm chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Nice start, thanks for sharing it with us.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
good
John Tannius chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Um, an Ukyou Ranma matchup? Can't wait to see more. I especially want to know where Ukyou got her money.
corsair338 chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
that was great!
Ed Simons chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Nice to see you writing again. The first chapter moves rather quickly and is a bit short, but it is the intro. The first sentence feels a bit awkward, though. It also felt a bit awkward that Ranma is concerned enough to worry about Shampoo and Kodachi, yet largely dismisses them as threats.

I especially like how you use the same hairbrained schemes used in the manga - Ranma's for revenge and Nabiki's to hand him off - to achieve a different result. I also like how Ukyou gets one clever idea, she doesn't suddenly become consistantly clever. (Though she is one of the brighter characters in the setting.) I also like her awkwardness with the clothing, both credible and humorous.

While some have issues Kasumi not objecting more, I do not. In the manga she seldom protests even this much when her family are the ones mistreating Ranma. (In Cat Fist story she yells at Genma, but does nothing while Soun and Nabiki hang cats on Ranma.) I suggest having Kasumi complain even less as time goes on - unless she realizes how much Nabiki's actions have hurt Akane. (Not that Kasumi isn't quite capable of saying or doing things that hurt Akane.)

Nice job of showing how Akane does care about Ranma, even if she can't bring herself to say so. And I like seeing a fallible Nabiki - she was sure fallible in the manga.

formatting did screw some things up - 'cr?e colored coat', though I like how you got around the way it strips out attempts at scene dividers. (Yoink!)

A good start; I look forward to seeing more.