Reviews for The Book Of The Sue
Guest chapter 8 . 9/10/2012
You know, I have always found Mary Sues a little bit creepy. The way they completely take away a canon character's sense of self. )Seeing, the is a requirement for Me in ficcies. In character all the way, or, I won't read it. Which is why I never read MS fic's. Unless it is parody's making fun of them. Grin. And, this, was a GREAT one of those.) I actaully read a a MS fic in the One Piece fandom, the main REAL pairing was actually Zolu (Unlike what the MS bitch kept trying to do. I get enough of people trying to turn Me hetero, ugh, so, definitely do not want to read STORIES about that. Fucking phobes.) and, the fic actually gave Me nightmares that night, itr was so disturbing. So, I found this utterly delightful . ESPECIALLY the Jou/Seto bits. :) Wink wink, nudge nudge. Again, fabulous story, and, thank you for writing it.
crimewaves chapter 8 . 8/19/2010
Brilliant! Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! It's hard to find a Sue parody that isn't totally fixed on mocking the Sue, but this followed Anzu, Honda and Kaiba in The Fight (excellent group dynamic, by the way) and I think that was a stroke of genius.

The only main complaints I had were where is Shaadi and Bakura? Apparently the sequel is supposed to contain them (hopefully as additions to the group here) still I thought Anzu was going to say we must fight magic with magic and try to steal the sennen ring. It could have been very funny- maybe that's what you had planned for book 2... Shaadi too should have made at least a guest appearance...

I also agree about the constant mistreatment of Anzu and Honda. I mean, I watch the dub (don't look down at me!) and in it their roles are a far cry to the ones popularised in fanon. First Tea is something of a closet leader (the strength of the group is my strength, she gave out orders, no one disobeyed, and she generally played spokesperson and enforced the plans-if not made the plans- most often) and Tristan was the reliable right hand guy (making plans, providing comic relief, taking the initiative a lot, usually with Tea or Bakura -spirit or boy- as his partners in crime.) Bakura (the non-spirit) was also part of that mini group, though he more played the quiet voice of doubt ("you make really stupid plans" "maybe we should turn back?") or Teas sidekick (it's true- he even finished and added to any sarcastic comments she made. Honestly, if she'd known him all his life, I have no doubt that he'd have replaced Yugi as her sidekick a long time ago)than the action person the other two were. I was actually a little surprised that Ryou hadn't escaped the mind control, as he struck me as being lost in his own thoughts a lot, and socially disinterested, and he'd have made a good addition to the team (as he already established himself as a member in duelist kingdom, and he seems to look up to Tea and interacts well with Tristan.) Maybe in the sequel he'll slip the noose. Wait, his yami is supposed to do that. Nevermind.

So I'm hoping that promised sequal is going to suddenly post itself soon. Also, will their be a teamup in it? Like all the minor duellists will team up and try to fight as cannon fodder? And will there be Marik too? They can throw him at the Sue as a distraction...

This review is brought to you courtesy of Diabolical Penguins leader and spokespenguin, Hugo, appears to have spaced out. Please accept our regards and review soon.
DemonKittyAngel chapter 8 . 12/5/2009
my gosh... you have jsut created utter torture...
Growing Pain chapter 8 . 11/22/2009
Oh holy crapola, was this story awesome or what? :D

I loved it! Anzu and Honda being the main characters, Honda as the hero, even the poking fun at JouKai XD And it all just fit, and you had so many clever lines, andandanad *chokes*

Everything was perfect :D

I am so looking forward to the sequel like you wouldn't believe, but I see this story is old, so that may never happen ;_; But I want it. I want it bad. The desire buurrnnss!

Keep on writing!

GP
MiscEmotions chapter 8 . 9/7/2008
omg..this story was...AWESOME! You're awesome XD can't wait to read The book of sue II!
can't think chapter 8 . 2/11/2008
YES! GO TRISTAN...HONDA...WHATEVER! You are so not useless!

haha, I actually am a tristan fan and find him the most attractive. haha. yay! HE ROCKS!
Lacuna Miyamoto chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
this story was realy great. I like how you made Honda and Anzu the main characters- that part here in the last chapter with Kaiba almost driving the bones of Joey's nose into his brain- do you happen to read Iris Johnson by any chance? cuz that's what this one guy did to this other guy in her book "the search"...
Foggypebble chapter 8 . 10/6/2007
KICK-ARZ!

This was FANTASTIC!

I've read so many 'Sue-fics starring variations of Mellisa!

Thank Gosh I'm in the process of creating a Honda!Sue!
llivla chapter 8 . 8/9/2007
I just read the whole thing and this was BRILLIANT!
Black Egyptian Dragon chapter 8 . 8/6/2007
lol, girl was dumb. XD

Love it and can't wait for the 2nd one, and I'll try my best not to go hyperactive on you again. lol

Great job, loved it! _

BED~
Tomboy 601 chapter 8 . 8/6/2007
Funny ending! I really liked this story.

TB601
lydiaroseonwingsofsong chapter 8 . 8/5/2007
Cool. I liked how you used minor characters to move the plot along. Very nice.
Taranea chapter 8 . 8/5/2007
yay, happy ending with homicidal kaiba, my fav loved jonouchi dropping him XD

please write that sequel soon? about the alternate bonus edning: if its funny, go for it! :)
Imogen LeFay chapter 8 . 8/5/2007
I freaking loved it! Hilarious ending. Just punching her until she starts whimpering... and Kaiba's and Jounouchi's reaction - they really make up for everything.

Bye,

SP
silver replies chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
So she writes again! Lol! I just realized my OC is practically a Mary Sue. I gotta get her more violent like her creator. Bye!
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »