Reviews for Keelhaul Connie
Spanish Angel chapter 6 . 6/2/2011
Well, I don't usually write these sort of reviews, but I respect your writing skills too much to not say anything. First of all, congratulations on mastering the art of proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation! I cannot tell you how many excellent plots are sadly ruined by terrible writers using commas where there should be periods and question marks where there should be exclamation points. Other than a few minor mistakes that are easily overlooked, you've got nothing to worry about!

Another point I love is the fact that you've kept Will's love for Elizabeth strong, at least thus far. It was such a major point in the movie that removing it or automatically having his sights set on Constance would have left the story wanting. So, kudos on that as well!

But the main reason I'm writing this review is actually a complaint. Simply said, I don't like Constance. I did at the beginning, she being the adventurous, wild young woman that is at odds with her younger, society-approved sister. However, little things began to attract my attention, and by now I can't much stand her. For example: 1) her sister is being threatened by a pirate, gun to her head, and Constance is trying not to laugh 2)pirates are attacking the fort, plowing through it even as she watches, and her first instinct is to get dressed rather than warn her sister or the rest of the household 3) she more than willingly abandons her family by jumping out the window and leaving her sister to fend for herself, throwing a "Good luck!" over her shoulder. In my mind, her priorities are entirely jumbled up, and although I understand not getting along with your sister, there is a very big difference between squabbling over proper manners in society and leaving her to die at the hands of pirates. Her character just irks me beyond belief.

I hope you don't see this as an attack. As I said before, I don't usually do this, but I think you've got some great writing skills, too good for me to simply push the back button and ignore everything. Also, I'm no English major - I'm not even a very good writer! - this is just my own personal opinion as a reader! However, whether you seriously think about what I've said or hit the delete button without a second thought, I do hope you keep writing!
stankface chapter 19 . 5/22/2011
I really can't wait to see how you continue this!
Robb3rs chapter 19 . 5/12/2011
after reading this story and knowing what comes next in the pirates trilogy, i cannot wait for the seouel :D normally i am all for will and elizabeth but i like Connie. she's a bad-ass rich girl. im really rooting for her her and will. please update soon 3 Nikki
SilverUkami chapter 19 . 5/8/2011
This was very good, but I was actually kinda hoping that Will and Connie ended up together, but you kept it realistic...

Is there going to be a sequel? Cause that would be nice...

Good work on this one!
GingerMoon chapter 19 . 5/2/2011
i really hope ur writing a sequal! i love will and connie together, i really hope u continue!
Crystal-Wolf-Guardain-967 chapter 19 . 5/1/2011
i love it! can't wait for more!
CurlyBookWriter94 chapter 19 . 4/29/2011
Love every bit of it please make the second one soon
x XRoweenaJAugustineX x chapter 19 . 4/29/2011
wow. great chapter!
Just a Wonderland chapter 14 . 4/25/2011
I know you haven't updated in a while... but I really like this story. Can't wait for the next chapter :O
RainbowShelby chapter 14 . 12/28/2010
i love this story and i hope you write some more soon

shelbs
XxRikela-chanxX chapter 14 . 7/29/2010
Muwahaha, I love Pirates o' the Caribbean! D Well I gotta love Jack really, with his madness, hee hee, Connie is a true pirate eh? Daggers and all the like!

Can't wait till whenever the next chapters are made! ]
WintersEmpire chapter 14 . 7/22/2010
Love your story and your character of Connie. Your writing also is very good, your words flow smoothly and you have the right amount of description and don't go over the top. This was very entertaining to read. I really hope you plan on updating this soon.
RWolfe94 chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
I had to get this out... Finally! Someone that knows who Groves is haha. Anyways, I like it so far!
Liliesshadow chapter 14 . 6/18/2010
oh, I love a good loop hole!
Desi-Pari Always chapter 14 . 6/18/2010
so this chapter stuck pretty close to the script and i can understand that being because of the battle scene, i had trouble with it too haha, it's hard to put your own flair into a battle when the most epic battle you've ever fought was a finger joust hehe.

anyway i look forward to the island scene and how you're going to incorporate that unless constance doesn't get shoved off the boat too in which case i have no idea what to expect
62 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »