Reviews for The Better Man
Katja chapter 22 . 4/9
Thanks! I love it!
:-)
qwertyuiop123214685 chapter 22 . 3/23
great story, please update!
maxisaraviamgs chapter 22 . 2/3
De los mejores que leí ,una enorme lástima que no haya llegado a un epílogo porque es fantástica
Scott Berg chapter 1 . 1/26
Great story. Really like how Severus gets to have a happy life taking control of his life and showing off his talent as a potions master. I like that it takes the story in a totally different direction and shows how things could have been if the Dursely's actually were given a choice and guidance and raised Harry in a loving family and what Dudley could have been like if he'd learnt properly how to interact with other children and had the chance to be a wizard. It's also good seeing a different Harry being happy and learning away from Hogwarts
ara.wilgin chapter 22 . 11/8/2021
i hope you'll continue writing
Guest chapter 1 . 10/26/2021
lol your analysis of what drove snape to voldemort is the funniest shit ive read in a long fucking time; you are delusional
kewr69 chapter 22 . 9/5/2021
I hate to see that this great story seems to be abandoned, I really hope you decide to continue it some day. Thank you for sharing.
guest chapter 16 . 9/4/2021
Satisfying, not least because psycho Black was forced to see how HP felt about Snape. The twelve years Black canonically spent in Azkaban were about right for attempted murder, so I waste no tears on him for a shorter interval.
guest chapter 10 . 9/4/2021
I love the pre-emptive strikes against the canon timeline and the villains thereof. Looking forward to more...
guest chapter 4 . 9/3/2021
More fast advancement: great double Cauldron awards, great conversation and celebration, great discovery of Parseltongue, and fabulous talk from Snape to Dudley about differing talents.

I can't wait to see AD's first thwarting.
guest chapter 3 . 9/3/2021
Love the Hogwarts Aunts! (Belated congrats for knowing and showing, also rare in fics, that librarian Pince would have to love a fellow bookworm.)

All too believable that psychopath Black would Muggle-bait at a wedding. But wait! Isn't Muggle-baiting a DE pastime? Well, we'll just have to call it something else, then ... (searching for euphemism)

Love the "bad fantasy novel," too.

And "unsure if this spying job was really his thing" is right up there with "Junior! Those men are trying to kill us!"
guest chapter 2 . 9/3/2021
And the plot advances at dizzying speed.

Too many fine touches to enumerate, but one particularly impressed me: Snape's explaining the nature of his driving ambition to Lucius. An alarming number of people - certainly including writers - equate ambition with the lust for money or power, as if there were no other sort. You're one of the ~very~ few who know and state that there damn' well ~are~ others.

With the Three Witches' support Snape has avoided the lust for power as a defense mechanism, and defaulted to his natural ambition for high achievement and the stature it deserves. He wants to earn major bragging rights, and good for him!

Almost as impressive was your formulation of Snape's multi-threaded strategy to protect HP from inimical meddling. He sewed the whole thing up so tightly - and quickly! - that Dumbledore had no chance to queer the deal. (I do have a wish-vision, though, of Snape's popping the old villain a right uppercut for grabbing the arm.)

As good as I remember.
guest chapter 1 . 9/3/2021
Rereading this and noticed I hadn't reviewed. I do wish Snape had done some Slytherin strategizing and untraceably sabotaged the Marotters (name from Alethea27), their moll Evans, and their enabler Dumbledore before leaving; but I await future developments with glee.

I probably won't review every chapter so I can get on with the reading, but be assured that I fully appreciate this fic's qualities, and its quality.
vertheu chapter 22 . 9/2/2021
Please, please post!
Fick Chick chapter 22 . 8/25/2021
I really like this fic look forward to its continuation.
2,227 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »