Reviews for The Better Man
Kimmytrainer chapter 19 . 11/19/2017
Thank god! Sirius really is an ass. I'd feel bad since he was wrongfully imprisoned for so long, but he was an ass before that too.
Kimmytrainer chapter 18 . 11/19/2017
Sigh, stupid Sirius, and poor Harry...
Kimmytrainer chapter 14 . 11/19/2017
Oh dear
Kimmytrainer chapter 12 . 11/19/2017
Awesome! So how does the Institutio have only 6 years if they start at age 8 or 9? And which is it? You said early on that they start at age 8, but then later you said that Harry started at age 9. So what will Harry do once he's 15? Does he graduate then?
Kimmytrainer chapter 10 . 11/19/2017
Hahahaha go Sev!
Kimmytrainer chapter 9 . 11/19/2017
Whoa Dumbledore's reasons were a lot more personal than I expected. Usually it's just that he was worried about another dark lord or didn't like Slytherins. I've never seen a story where he was worried about another Albus.
Kimmytrainer chapter 7 . 11/19/2017
Hahaha! Okay so I keep meaning to ask, Harry doesn't have a scar in this story, right? It crossed my mind a while ago that people would recognize him even in Italy if he had that scar, but since he doesn't he's just another kid named Harry. In Britain he'd be more noticeable, but while studying abroad he's just Harry.
Kimmytrainer chapter 6 . 11/19/2017
Whoa awesome chapter
Kimmytrainer chapter 5 . 11/19/2017
Whew go Sev! And awesome Dudley and Neville and Hermione are friends!
Kimmytrainer chapter 3 . 11/19/2017
Lol XD I'm surprised they're separating the boys though. But good that Harry is staying the hell away!
Kimmytrainer chapter 2 . 11/19/2017
Okay love this take on the Dursleys and Sev
Kimmytrainer chapter 1 . 11/19/2017
Oh my god Albus is horrible! Sirius and James, too... Sev is such a good kid in this. Thank you for having Minerva, Poppy, and Irma help him. I'd be pulling my hair out if he had to suffer alone...
Raven's Dusk chapter 22 . 11/16/2017
Holy wow, you have an amount of reviews, which is slightly intimidating. But anyway, I wanted to say how very much I enjoyed reading this story the last few days. It's wonderfully interesting, and a delight to read.

Specifically, your characterisation. Your Sev is a happier man than in canon, but he's still delightfully /him/. He's sarcastic, and scarred by his childhood, and brilliant. I love that he's a much warmer man but you can still see his snark and anger and sharp tongue. That's not an easy feat, and you did it in a way I have seldom seen in all I've read.
I also love the relationships he has with people. Of course with the kids, but first and foremost with his aunts and Ricardo and Headmaster Sforza. I love that you let him express his pain and anger and make mistakes but he isn't vilified for it and they take care of him and gently guide him to reason when he's overwhelmed.

Enough about my honey, though. I absolutely adore the rest of your characters as well. They are shown to be human and have flaws, but worthy of consideration and making amends. E.g. Lucius, with his going to the ministry (also awwww, baby-malfoy). But, especially, Dumbledore and Sirius. They are deeply flawed, and my not be able or want to change entirely, but they're so human. and even when I'm angry at them, you make me see them in a somewhat sympathetic light that's escaped me recently (possibly because many fics that are about Snape vilify them entirely). When I read the title and description I thought I was about to read a good fic that would maybe cast some characters entirely good or bad. Instead i got this wonderful thing. Thank you for writing.

Cheers,
Raven
Books85 chapter 22 . 11/6/2017
What a promising way to end a chapter... the inkling that perhaps Horcruxes may come to the attention of responsible people at the Ministry (Not APWBD or Fudge!) far earlier than in canon. I am feeling a bit bad about getting on your case about the conscience /conscious confusion. But if you are writing a thesis, I suppose I hold you to a higher standard. If English is not your first language, I owe you an apology, though.

I know all too well that Real Life gets in the way of creative endeavors, especially those that do not pay the rent. And I sympathize with writers that have multiple stories in process, resulting in delays. If I had a choice, I think I would prefer to see one at a time completed rather than a chapter at a time for many different stories. The fact is, I cannot write, so it is not up to me. Write what you will, and if it is a well written as this has been so far, hurrah!
Books85 chapter 17 . 11/6/2017
I like your work here, I think a universe where Severus Snape was able to put his dislike for Dumbledore and Sirius Black aside in favor of the good of innocents is an improvement on canon.

However, I have a pet peeve; I am a word nerd, and have trouble when educated people misuse words. As in using conscious when thy mean conscience. The two words are similar, both having to do with matters within one's mind, but when you speak of Severus' conscious not allowing him to do something... surely you mean Severus' conscience?

Sorry to quibble. I do thank you for going to the trouble of writing these stories and sharing them. (And, hopefully continuing to complete them... greedy of me, I suppose.) Thank you.
2,228 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »