Reviews for Miles Before I Sleep
Frakking Toasters chapter 1 . 2/8
My heart is breaking. But I loved this, in a really sad kinda way, if that makes sense! xo
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Wonderful story. Very well done.

Leigh Ann
Barranca chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
It's our minds that trap us. I wonder if deliberately annihilating an important part oneself makes the person less human or not. If we forget about something like we never knew it it might as well not exist, but Sam will forever be a different person, the shadow of what he could have been. What a depressing course of events.
La Mariane chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Heartbreaking.

Poor Sam, poor Dean and poor John. I love this fic, and I love that you left so much of it open to interpretation. At the same time, I want to know if Same ever gets better. When he is in hospital, is it for mental illness, or was it just after a hunt gone wrong?
mitchellhp chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
This is the second of your fics that I've read, both Supernatural, and I've got to say that I love your writing. You're very skilled and talented. I don't think I've seen a fic where Sam actually becomes unbalanced from not going to Stanford and staying a hunter, it's very interesting. Great job.
Von chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
I love this to little bits... ALMOST as much as I'm screaming with frustration at the - what I can only presume is gleefully deliberate - lack of closure! :D For better or worse, I want to see what happens next!

I know you don't plan on ever writing any more, which is a real shame. Would you be interested in others writing possible endings, as a sort of 'challenge' thing? If you'd rather it not happen, of course I won't ever suggest it! It's still your baby, even if its an evil baby. :D :D

Lovely stuff. Dean begging him to talk to him was delicious.
Von chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
DAMN. I've been looking for this for AGES. :D

I'm so happy to have found it. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the moment where Dean slid the college brochure over the table to him, but I'm also starving for more!

C'mon, let's see how it really ends. Let's at least see it from John and Dean's view... do they ever realise how much Sam changed? Do they ever realise what they did?

Does Dean notice or miss the difference? :D

I'm on my knees BEGGING for more of this one. PUHLEASE? I don't mind if it ends with a bullet, so long as we're not left so hanging.
Charmina chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
That was so good! I could really picture Sam behaving like that if he did not leave for Stanford. Just... breaking, you know? You're a really good writer and this story was wonderful! Great job!
lilyhopper chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
dear god that was depressing, i feel kinda choked now. Really well done story, the claustrophobic atmosphere is v. strong
Leigh Beth chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Um, this? Kinda tore my heart out. Thats okay though, cause I'm into that sort of thing.
heartfallen chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Wow! Fantastic story! Loved it
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
damn. Awesome fic. can you explain the hospital one a bit?
ohmygodnotthecar chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Wow. Great piece. It works well as an exploration of how Sam might cope with having to stay, and how the others might react to his self-destructive coping (I really like how you portrayed them getting worried, out of the conrners of the reader's eye).

It also rings true on how sometimes people conciously destroy parts of their characters in order to fit with a percieved ideal or to survive - a complex concept to fit into such a short piece. Hope to read more fics from you soon.
Tyranusfan chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Well, I don't quite know what to say. I want to like this story, and the idea of Sam staying and being miserable is interesting, but it's a bit confusing.

It needs some background, and a little more "scene setting." For instance, WHY does Sam reject college? Why is Sam strapped down in the hospital? And what are he and Dean fighting about at the end?

Anyway, I like it, but I guess I just don't get it. :)
jenilee chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Hurray, you wrote something new! I love your stories, they are so beautifully written and so full of deeper meaning that I usually have to read them a couple of times to take it all in. You writing manages to convey so much feeling and this story left me feeling a bit sad for them all. Sam sacrifices what makes him himself, to please his family but in the long run Dean and John lose him anyway. Beautiful story.