Reviews for Offhand Remarks
WinchesterPhantom chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Hey Aj!

This is amazing. I love how you really delved in Barek's life and her emotions. I liked how you skipped around their current lives and into the past, picking up on the small things. Seriously this was very well written!

Thank you so much for posting!

Winy
Cataracta chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
Awesome story, it captured the characters well.
sillychilli chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Beautiful stuff, real gem of a oneshot! After reading this, i went and read all of your other LOCI fics.

I love all of them! You write with alot of creativity,insight and emotional honesty, and you often leave somethings ambiguous with a sense of the bitter-sweet lingering seek to explore the characters and what makes them tick, and you present it in such artistic and profound way. Please write more!
Keegan Paige chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
I've waited for another Barek story for so long...and this one was definitely worth the wait. This has to be the best Criminal Intent story I've read in a long time. Absolutely amazing, thank you so much for sharing it.

It has a perfect ending, but I would love more. I guess I'll just have to leave that to my immagination though.

Wonderful work!

P.s Gotta love the Logan/Barek partnership. I miss her character so much!
Clue Impaired chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
Nice. I haven't seen all of season five but I remember the episode about Logans interogation. I figured he'd really let her have it. You did a good job of summing up the entire season in one fic.
Penn O'Hara chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Nothing offhand about that. It was deep and sweet and pure. Skating across Logan's reactions, delving into Barek's, toing and froing from childhood to present day, from experiencing Barek's extending her heart to our sitting and pondering in her head. I rode the journey, felt the pull and push of them, the needle to North that skittered, shook and centered to friendship and maybe a little more - understanding and acceptance at the very least. I went deeper than the words and I felt good about it. There was no angst, no real UST, but a score of unsaid words and unshed emotions, struggling to surface and grow. Gritty one moment, velvety the next, it made me warm inside.

And I too am trying desperately to keep Barek alive and kicking. I'm just sorry I can't do it as profusively as I would like.
The Confused One chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Wow. Beautiful piece. Just perfect. :) I absolutely adore it. I always loved Carlyn. I agree. There's a shortage of Caro fic. Course I'm a M/C fan...LOL
Podie1 chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Sigh - I miss Carolyn!

Not that I don't like Wheeler alot because I do : ) - but the Mike/Meghan relationship is very much one of the mentor and his prodegy!

Logan and Barek had alot of chemistry in a very different way.
Metisse chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Wow, this is really good. Generally I favor Goren/Eames stories but this one was most excellent.