Reviews for In Favour of A Smile
blueberry761 chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
I love this storyyyyy! Makes me feel so warm inside. love the characterizations, you are one of my favorite authors!
Bo Yi chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Funny and yet...so...pleasurable :D
Hesunohana chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
ha, both of them are so... argh ! I want to strangle them.

bravo !
obasan45 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
.God. There are so many things I love about this fic, I don’t know WHERE to start!

(1)All 3 of them are TOTALLY in character, their manner of speech, mannerisms, everything! It’s such a joy to read characterizations like this.

(2)The relationship between Koyu and Shuei feels so real, so much a couple, even though Shuei only visits, and they do not live together. I love their interaction, how Shuei beckons by flexing his ankle, and that rubbing his foot up and down Koyu’s shin REALLY amused and moved me. So too their Thursday lunches, so too Shuei’s sweetness in omitting his 2-hour wait. The way Koyu took Shuei’s hand to wrap around his midsection to signify that everything’s ok is soooo sweet, oh, and of course, Shuei’s tentative touch was too! _

(3)That scene in the kitchen between the lover and the father – I wasn’t breathing! And my heart hurt! Besides the palpable tension, you managed to show, without sliding into mush, the immense love that the two men have for Koyu. And, I would even say, the grudging respect they had for each other at the end of that confrontation. Kudos!

(4)I enjoyed your humour too. Very subtle, a little sharp. Yum!

(5)Your writing style suits me to a T, there is nothing I do not like about it. Direct, conversational, unpretentious, lively. And that segment where you chopped up Koyu’s narration into 3 parts, interspersed with Koyu’s action of loosening his hair – truly imaginative, love it!
a-big-apple chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Hahaha, Shuuei's busted! I love the interaction between Reishin and Shuuei, it's nicely tense.
Irrelevancy chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
so true...

the part 'bout having to hire three men with above-average intelligence working full time for two days, of course...

x3

Pour Kouyuu

My heart skipped a beat there

on second thought...

I think it stopped moving for a few seconds

Still, the masochist in me enjoyed it... the pain part

And both of us liked- I stand corrected. LOVED ur story

xDD
Gwen chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
As an ex friend of mine would say. 'I LIKE IT'
Jonquina chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
I hope they don't poison him instead .
SakuraDreams chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Excellent story. I enjoyed reading it.
simplyelena chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Great story. Loved it.
kakashidiot chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
“Perhaps it would be in your best interest to not engage my son in…activities that may deprive him of adequate…rest.”

HILARIOUS! ROTFLMAO!

OHMIGOSH!

I loved, loved the Shuuei-Reishin interaction! Priceless! Shuuei making herbs in the dead of the night is also funny! I think you did Reishin's chara especially well!

hope you write more of these!