Reviews for As a Family
Aynessa chapter 1 . 4/26
(Too lazy to sign in lol)

I like this! Always a sucker for those revelation fics, especially the truth spell/potion ones haha!

But- I gotta be honest. They flip gears wayyy too easily. Even in canon it took them a while to grow used to the idea and treat him somewhat affectionately. Even Phoebe, who knew the longest, was still rude and dismissive for a long time after her private reveal. So it's a bit jarring how swiftly this was resolved here.

But I still enjoyed it. :D Looking forward to the upcoming reveal in Lonely Light of Morning!
Alisha chapter 1 . 2/27
Cute
SableUnstable chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
I'm a self-respecting Chris lover, and I haven't written a revelation story... oh, hold on, yes I have. ;)

Speaking of revelations, I loved this one. I really liked how you made Chris hate the thought of him being conceived without love, instead of him hating the thought of his parents having sex altogether. It may not keep entirely with his character, but it does keep with the Halliwell way of thinking, and Chris is a Halliwell after all. :)
ObsessedwReading chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Great job. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
It doesn't need to be something extreme to sever the parent/child bond. It's something really simple.
Apathy.
No contact for years definitely does it.
Stealing from a child helps.
Selfishness or self-absorbed, even perceived.
Unconditional love? Myth.
Especially on the child's part.

All that being said, good story.
Evarne chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Not a bad story but I find it a bit too simple... like they apologize and he's okay with everything and happy end. Chris is a cool character in part because he's got issues and stuff, you sort of brushed all that off. I mean even in the show things were more complicated than that and that's saying something.

And this:
"You're family. My son. And I've treated you worse than a criminal."

So it's ok to treat like a criminal a guy who traveled in time to save your son as long as he is *not* family? I am not saying that is wasn't a bit like that, but not so obviously. It just makes Piper and the others look like bad people, really. And idiotic at that.

Anyway... not bad. I just feel you could have developed it a bit more to make it more realistic.
majorshane chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Awesome!
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
a lil too much acceptance from Chris letting everything change so quickly like that but otherwise good :)
Allesor chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
I don't think feelings that strong and angry are just a complex. He must have something said or done to him to back up those Chris' anger.
Yuki082 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
LOVE THE REVELATION PART! theres a bunch out there where its by looking at his memories which is all well and good but you get all the torture n stuff...this was nice because they forced it out of him but it was refreshing and quick

thanks for writing!

~Yuki
Elena'wrtr chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Sweeeeeet! Love it! )
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Great story. I love the revelation part. I liked all the questions leading up to it. I loved the angst. But, I'm not that they would forgive that fast once they found out they were his son. I think it might take more time.
Meluivan's Muse chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
I really liked this one shot. My heart went out to Chris when he realized that his parents had to conceive them by a lust potion. How horrible for him. I liked how the revelation came out, and the acceptance. It would be pretty cool if you write more of this kind of fics :)
Susangel chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Aw...Really sweet story!I loved how everything turned out in the end!
Dancing on the Edge chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I am such a horrible person! I've read this story like a million times and I've never reviewed! So I really liked it (obviously, I've read it a bunch) and I think that you had a totally brilliant characterization of Chris... there are a couple of lines in here that just scream Chris at the top of their voices. Congradulations on a tremendous story.