Reviews for As a Family
AJ Granger chapter 1 . 1/16
The change over in attitude was way too quick. Finding out who he was immediately made things all sunshine and daisies. which is not really what you want. You want a slower build to acceptance.
BooksAreMedicine chapter 1 . 9/11/2015
Oh, wow, this was great! I loved Leo's reaction, finally some father son love instead of doubt and neglect and bitterness.
l3largus chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
I really enjoyed the build up to the revelation. That was what I crave, the drama of it all. The actual aftermath... felt like it was brushing all of those built feelings out the window.

Again, I really enjoyed the first part. The emotions built up in Chris were so real and so was the anger and distrust in Leo.

Keep on keepin on.
-l3largus
p.s. Here's a muffin.
AJ Granger chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
It's good, if short. They still had feelings for each other, they just weren't pursuing them because of the split. I wondered more on that as well because from most things we see, even though Piper and Leo separate, he still comes around occasionally according to Chris, especially for Wyatt and Piper. He just doesn't make time for Chris, and apparently, Piper never remarries to give herself a companion or the boys a father?
Aynessa chapter 1 . 4/26/2015
(Too lazy to sign in lol)

I like this! Always a sucker for those revelation fics, especially the truth spell/potion ones haha!

But- I gotta be honest. They flip gears wayyy too easily. Even in canon it took them a while to grow used to the idea and treat him somewhat affectionately. Even Phoebe, who knew the longest, was still rude and dismissive for a long time after her private reveal. So it's a bit jarring how swiftly this was resolved here.

But I still enjoyed it. :D Looking forward to the upcoming reveal in Lonely Light of Morning!
Alisha chapter 1 . 2/27/2015
Cute
SableUnstable chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
I'm a self-respecting Chris lover, and I haven't written a revelation story... oh, hold on, yes I have. ;)

Speaking of revelations, I loved this one. I really liked how you made Chris hate the thought of him being conceived without love, instead of him hating the thought of his parents having sex altogether. It may not keep entirely with his character, but it does keep with the Halliwell way of thinking, and Chris is a Halliwell after all. :)
ObsessedwReading chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Great job. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
It doesn't need to be something extreme to sever the parent/child bond. It's something really simple.
Apathy.
No contact for years definitely does it.
Stealing from a child helps.
Selfishness or self-absorbed, even perceived.
Unconditional love? Myth.
Especially on the child's part.

All that being said, good story.
Evarne chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Not a bad story but I find it a bit too simple... like they apologize and he's okay with everything and happy end. Chris is a cool character in part because he's got issues and stuff, you sort of brushed all that off. I mean even in the show things were more complicated than that and that's saying something.

And this:
"You're family. My son. And I've treated you worse than a criminal."

So it's ok to treat like a criminal a guy who traveled in time to save your son as long as he is *not* family? I am not saying that is wasn't a bit like that, but not so obviously. It just makes Piper and the others look like bad people, really. And idiotic at that.

Anyway... not bad. I just feel you could have developed it a bit more to make it more realistic.
majorshane chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Awesome!
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
a lil too much acceptance from Chris letting everything change so quickly like that but otherwise good :)
Allesor chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
I don't think feelings that strong and angry are just a complex. He must have something said or done to him to back up those Chris' anger.
Yuki082 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
LOVE THE REVELATION PART! theres a bunch out there where its by looking at his memories which is all well and good but you get all the torture n stuff...this was nice because they forced it out of him but it was refreshing and quick

thanks for writing!