Reviews for Don't Be Afraid
PLEASE update this i want to see Races reaction of Crutchie getting hurt!
homeimprovementaddict56 chapter 8 . 10/23/2014
it would be his left leg that is freshly hurt but other then that it's a good story!
TeamJacob1998 chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
Please continue this is amazing!
Guest chapter 7 . 5/3/2013
Crutchies bad leg is his right one! But other than that I like it
Newsie4eva chapter 8 . 1/12/2013
I have a question. Are you writing more? This is AWESOME! Its definitely one of my favorites. Its very sweet and perfectly portrays Crutchy. :)
rebecca chapter 8 . 9/26/2012
Revriley chapter 8 . 11/30/2008
Oh, please update. I really like Crutchy.
Aris1013 chapter 8 . 1/23/2008
I like the's nice because you don't really get to see Crutchy when he's at the refuge I like that you wrote about what going on with him...can't wait for the rest of the story :D
redrose7856 chapter 8 . 1/10/2008
aw. that's cute. I love Crutchie. He's the best character, in my opinion. Well done. please continue this.

MeadowLark4491 chapter 8 . 8/29/2007
I cannot believe you did that to him! Made him think the whole thing was a dream...*growls* that was well done, but not very kind to your character...please update soon.
MeadowLark4491 chapter 7 . 8/11/2007
Man, what is with you right now. You just enjoy making character's lives misery...not that I don't enjoy doing the same,! poor Crutchie! I do love this story, though. please update soon.
Miss Anderton chapter 7 . 8/10/2007
So I have to tell you - I've often pieced together in my mind the missing parts of Crutchie's story. Between the time Oscar and Morris got to him and the next time we see him in the movie, obviously a lot has happened, but we're not told what! Many possibilities have come to mind, but I'm glad that you gave your version of what happened. I really liked it and found it to be true to the characters and the story line.

"The newsies took care of each other. Older boys who thought Crutchie was an easy target would walk away with broken noses, courtesy of one of the other boys, usually Cowboy or Racetrack." Okay, now that's just too awesome.

"More faces, of Blink and Skittery and Itey and Boots and Specs, all of them broken, bleeding, helpless against the many faceless men carrying chains and bats and guns. And suddenly, Crutchie knew they were going to lose."

"Hope was something he’d been born with." Like in the movie...when he's talking to Jack in the refuge and he says something about "you can't let 'em beat you..." (shame on me for not actually knowing the quote *gasp*)

"'That new?' 'No, I was born with it. But the other one usually works.'" Haha! Good dialogue.

Aww! Very sad chapter, but you did an amazing job. Your writing really connected me to the characters. I especially loved the dialogue. The ending seemed somewhat sudden, but as long as you connect it somehow in the next chapter, it will work.

Loving this!

Miss Anderton

P.S. I just added this to my favorite stories list!
Miss Anderton chapter 6 . 7/28/2007
Wow! Awesome chapter! Good job on this one! I think you did a much better job of capturing the characters.

"Racetrack was slightly to his right, still scowling." (very Racetrack)

“'Say Jack, I’ll take Harlem!'” It was natural that Kid Blink was the first one to call out. Give Blink a fight and he’s on top of it, even if it was a lost cause." (yay Blink! He's my fave newsie)

The friendship between Race and Crutchie is really good. So was all the talk about "somebody's gonna get hurt."

Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that this chapter was awesome, and I definetly look forward to more!

MeadowLark4491 chapter 6 . 7/27/2007
You know, no matter how many times I watch the movie I never expect that part. I love how you've made all the characters real, especially Race and Crutchie...although you knid have to make him real he's your main...It's just i've read so many where the other newsies take second fiddle to Jack even when they're the main character.
Miss Anderton chapter 5 . 7/18/2007
Good job. I liked this chap - things are starting to get rolling.