Reviews for Tranquility: Revised
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 8 . 9/21/2009
Damn, that Carl must be his own breed of Lay-zee to make Tseng of all people lose his temper like that. The man's emotions are running strong, I see, getting away from him because his little sis is hurting. Much love for Reno for distracting them away from their mutual pain-fest. Life's short, some shorter than others. Get some happy while you can! XD
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 7 . 9/21/2009
I love love LOVE the quote at the start of this chapter. It gave me chills.

I miss lush descriptions like yours. They make it so easy to get pulled into the gravity of the moment. Seph still having enough sanity to know he's going to lose that too really hit me, what with watching him pace inside his head, watching his own mind turn against him.

It's great watching Aeris have even more mojo than usual. It's good that even without living Cetra guidance she can still do what's necessary. The moment with them both 'bonding', after a fashion, over how much their lives mutually suck was some fine bleak humor. It's such a shame they don't get their chance.
ArghZombies chapter 7 . 8/13/2009

I've followed your work for years-I adore the way you are able to create a maelstrom of subtle emotions in just a short few paragraphs. It really is quite remarkable. Whether building tension or exhaling in release, your writing is both genuine and elegant. I know you've chosen not to include straight-out smex, and you know what? that's totally fine with this reader! In many ways, I feel it takes a higher degree of maturity and sophistication to describe semi-erotic tension without relying on overly physical proof. With that in mind, I still have a healthy respect for le citron. I'm a voyeuristic pervert at heart! But I can't honestly say that the poignancy of the last portion of this chapter would have benefited from something...more. Now I believe this paragraph has grown a bit too large!

As always, thank you!

Verbosely yours,

IVIaedhros chapter 5 . 2/18/2008
We'll say wrong-est works since Aeris is narrating.
IVIaedhros chapter 4 . 2/18/2008
Interesting just how different you portray Tseng here. Usually the man is cool, collected and meticulous while here he's almost like an older version of Reno. Sephiroth too is different as he's a good deal further along the road to insanity...definitely not what I was expecting, but it's all done very well.
IVIaedhros chapter 3 . 2/18/2008
Huh, I'm surprised this didn't receive more reviews...the Aeriseph pairing is rather popular so perhaps because it never stated in bold letters...shame, 'tis a good fic'. I hope you eventually continue it.
IVIaedhros chapter 6 . 1/4/2008
Awesome fic'...good to see you still updating.
pangpond chapter 6 . 10/31/2007
Wow!so impressive with this,I love you make Reno so funny and pervert too,and I love the way you make Zack way this is story in the time of Crisis core right? I don't ever read other fic that make Tseng so much angry&mad in Sephiroth action like you do and I love it too,hope this story don't go like Crisis core game story 'csuse I love happy ending and in the end of this game is so sad TT TT ok!can't wait for what happen next!update soon - V -
li-tzu chapter 6 . 10/18/2007
"Viridian" is the perfect color adjective for Aerith's eyes. hair pulling cracked me up. Black market hair thieves... (snort). Reno makes a hilarious Knight in not-so-Shining Armor. The image of him furiously toeing an unconscious Zack will stay with me all day and cause me to giggle at inopprotune moments.

And then of course I hit the button for the next chapter and realize this is it until you update again. Oh noes.

Zack's plans for leaving Soldier and making a decent go with Aerith is sad because we both know he isn't going to get that far. Poor 'ol Spike.

The almost-not-really-flashing from Reno rounded out that chapter perfectly. He.

And now there's no more! I have to wait. Oh well. More time to work on my own rewrite of Legacy. Which is a labor of love some days, a biotch the rest. Haha.
li-tzu chapter 4 . 10/17/2007
I like that Sephiroth is indifferent to his fame, even scornful toward the sniveling sorts who love/loathe him, yet curious about Aeris. Also, his instant dislike of the Turks's interest in her was amusing. I got the feeling that Seph feels like he "discovered" Aeris, therefore owns all rights of interest and/or use of her, a right that the Turks happen to be trampling all over. And I'm loving all of these Summon related expletives. Shiva's mint chocolate tits... Haha.

Also, writing Tseng as a confident ass is made of win. I also love his personal insight into Sephiroth's character, that he doesn't -need- Shinra, that working with them is merely a convenience and god help them if something better comes along. (Cough, Jenova, coughcough.) Also, your take on the Wutai war is a delicious analogy. ("Cluster fuck" is tied in my mind to John Stewart).

I need more time in a day for reading. Phooey. But I'm really lovin' the rewrite. :]
li-tzu chapter 2 . 10/16/2007
Regarding the first chapter, that was an immersive look into Aeris's everyday life. I appreciate the sense of isolation and alienation you put into her character, as well as the effort she takes to otherwise touch the world (and people) around her.

Reno hilarious. He's always amusing to read about, though.

Also, I must commend you for giving me a new expletive. "Titan’s hirsute ass-crack" ... Seriously, haha.

I think going with overtones over a concrete pairing is better. Subtlety is certainly its own art. Now let's see if I can get through another chapter before I have to jump in the shower and go to work... Not enough hours in the day, damn eet.
Lady Kaliska chapter 6 . 6/23/2007
This story seemed to take a completely different turn. I wonder what else you have up your sleeves. It's nice to read about Aeris and her life beforehand. You'd have to figure she'd be friends with the Turks, afterall they mocked chased her for how many years..._ Your take is very interesting as always.
fooffybunny chapter 3 . 6/18/2007
omg...Tseng has some balls now lol I think both versions worked well in their own way. I kind of always imagined Tseng as a calm but determined bad ass (not too aggressive, but enough when necessary). Reading his character in the original though was a shock..but I really enjoyed it. I thought it made sense that even the leader of a group of highly trained killers could be afraid of the GREAT general Sephiroth. What made you change your mind?

And if your willing to alter Tseng's persona..does that mean Zack will get a little "face lift" too? lol I know you're not too fond of him so we'll see how that works out. I really like this story. I've gotten pretty far w/ the original (still not finished is kinda busy) Well, hope you update soon! Take care _
Aiakia chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Ah, yes, I like Tseng's response much better in this one...not so...sniveling and such... 'Grats.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 3 . 6/14/2007
Yes, I've noticed the big difference, and needless to say, it's MUCH to my liking. Perhaps you even remember why. *grins*

In any case, so far you've done a good job rewriting this fic. If this keep up, I'll completely remove the older version from my disc and replace it with this one. :)