Reviews for Priorities
joeysgirl4eva chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
Lovely tag. :)Poor Sammy...if I think about it too much I really will start bawling. So, great job.

love, joey
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
Great tag to Hearts, the issue really needed addressing that Sam would have been so unconcerned that Dean went on a hunt on his own and got knocked out, as you know that Sam is as protective of Dean as Dean is of Sam. So believable that you had him waking up in the night to apologise to Dean, feeling guilty that he hadn't checked that his brother was okay! And although Dean insisted he was okay, Sam was still beating himself up!

“And that's supposed to make me feel better? I should have checked! It's my job to look out for you and I was so caught up – you would never have done that. I'm so sorry.” he said and Dean put his hand on Sam's shoulder.

“Hey, come on Sam – stop beating yourself up over this, please! There's nothing wrong with the fact you were into Madison, or that you got caught up in saving her. I understand, really I do. And I don't need you looking out for me, I can take care of myself.” he said but Sam cut him off before he could finish.

“That's not the point, Dean! You shouldn't have to, that's why I'm here. I watch your back and you watch mine – that's how it works. But what do I do? The first pretty girl that comes along I forget all about you and send you off to hunt alone when you were hurt! I let you down.” he said, self disgust clear in his voice.

And then feeling guilty for knowing now what Dean felt like when he asked him to kill him if he ever went 'dark side' although he would still want him to keep the promise!

“I get it now. The whole promise thing? I know how it feels to be on the other side of that.” he said quietly.

Dean swallowed. As much as it hurt every time Sam brought that up, as much as he hated even thinking about what his brother was asking him to do, he wouldn't have had Sam understand what that felt like for the world.

“Look, Sam I never wanted you to know what that felt like.” he said and Sam shook his head.

“I know, I know that, Dean. But the point is, I do. And I'm sorry. I wish there was another way, that I could say I don't still want you to keep that promise. But the idea of what I could become.” Sam stopped as Dean reached out and gave his arm a gentle hit with his fist.

“We've had this conversation, remember? It's not gonna get that far because I am gonna find a way to save you. You know I wouldn't lie to you, right?” he said and Sam gave a half smile.

Typical Dean saying he would never have to as he would save Sam, and to stop it becoming too chick flicky made his comment about getting girly, and a slumber party! Love Sam's comeback about not going to ask how Dean knows what goes on at a slumber party!

Great ending that together they could deal with anything!

Awesome one shot, something that was lacking from the actual epi, although the ending was so emotional!
cHoCoLaTe-cHiHuAhUa chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
Aw... That was adorable. And something that had been bothering me, too. Great story!
18 | « Prev Page 1 2