Reviews for Epoch Dawning
miss greenpeace chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
I like! :D
brakken chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Intriguing...I get why he did what he did, but I still kind of wish he hadn't. Call me selfish, but I loved those ears...Your choice though, and so far it seems to be working out fine. I like how he proposed, it really was classic Inuyasha to just blurt it out and make it 'let me be yours' rather than 'will you be mine'. Nice job with his character, it'll be interesting to see how that all develops.
manga chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
That's a great beginning. So much for us to learn! Great characterizations; I can't wait to see how things develop. I do wonder how the story will go when Inuyasha can't protect Kagome the way he used to.
rhyejess chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
This was a really great start. I hope you are still planning to continue this, as you've piqued my curiosity. That last line is a teaser to a much bigger world. I liked the relaxed nature of this first chapter, their familiarity, but especially the familiarity InuYasha has with Kagome's family. You have great insight into all of these characters, and a way of writing them that is effortless to read. Keep on keeping on!
Abarero chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
This is such a magnificent start to what will definitely be an awesome story. There are so many little details in this that just make the story all the better. I was actually aware of the tradition of hair-cutting as symbolic for settling down and thought it great to see it used in a story. Especially since InuYasha isn't even doing it intentionally to follow that tradition. It shows us clearly how InuYasha has grown since Naraku's defeat, but he's not ooc from the InuYasha we know in canon. Aging characters is never easy, but you nailed every single one of them in this story.

Your narration and foresight in dialogue shows that you really evaluate everything you write. For example "twenty old" rather than "twenty years old" is just one of the many Sengoku Jidai nuances that you've incorporated into this (along with things such as the razor being used to cut hair, the hair-cutting being symbolic, etc.). Also, you have down that Inuyasha has “simple” Japanese instructions, showing how aware you are of the changes he would face in coming to Kagome’s time. But, unlike so many fics, you show that he is intelligent enough to learn these new elements of his life even if he doesn’t fully comprehend them on modern terms (such as his ability to read a clock). I thank you for not belittling InuYasha’s character by dumbing him down in this situation.

Coming back to your IC characters, I really must comment on how well you nailed down InuYasha throughout this whole first chapter. He’s aged, via his perceptive nature about Kagome’s time, but without losing the innocence he’s always had. So many writers go straight from him being a blushy teenager to a hormonal, suave man and it seriously breaks my brain to try and comprehend that OOC version of the character. Yes, he’ll mature- but not change drastically. You show that perfectly here. His reaction to all the events in the chapter is dead-on. His awareness of his appearance as he looks in the mirror is very powerful. And the fact that moments later, he ends up nervously playing with the shorter hair. I also love the fact he thinks to himself “that was stupid” when he starts into his planned proposal and it starts going downhill. It ends up being a moment that is SO InuYasha though. XD And guh, I about died of sweetness at InuYasha’s “let me be yours.” That is so endearingly him and it reminded me why I loved him so much a character. He’s such a sweetheart XD

Your Kagome is a perfect IC counterpoint to your InuYasha. Even though the screen time in this first chapter is more focused on InuYasha, Kagome really shines in all her moments. Like InuYasha, her reactions to all the situations are dead-on. I love even subtle characterization elements- like her honest reply to how she feels about his hair being cut. Later, when the wish on the SNT is brought up- Kagome’s fluid thoughts come out in her words. This is one thing I’ve always loved about manga!Kagome is her direct and caring nature and you’ve truly captured that in this. Even InuYasha remarks upon on, noting that Kagome would have protected the SNT no matter what, without ever seeking a way out of her duty. That’s the Kagome I love as character and it’s downright squee-worthy to see her so well portrayed in this scene.

Speaking of that scene as a whole, I also adore the change of mood right in the middle of it. So many stories anymore are just boring fluff, but this adds a very dynamic twist to the scene. While it would have been perfect otherwise, the fact that the more serious matter of the wish on the SNT gets brought up makes this scene so realistic. It makes the complexities of this characters shine rather than just letting them make-out/have sex like any other author would have done.

I’m also so extremely pleased to see that the wish on the SNT was for some other reason than “Kagome doesn’t accept me, I have to change to be with her.” As Kagome in this even notes, InuYasha just needs to be himself and she’ll love him. I hate stories that ruin this aspect about their relationship because it so one of the most romantic things ever. And so many bad-fanfics have him “changing to be with her” or crap like that. Thank you SO much for not doing that to Rumiko’s characters and for even having Kagome remark on it.

Overall, this chapter has me really excited to read more of this story. The writing is powerful and intuitive. The romance is sweet and endearing without being cheesy or contrived. And all the little elements I mentioned above truly bring your writing of these characters ‘to life’ in this story and makes it seem to me like I’m reading the original canon. It is so rare to find an IC InuYasha in fanfic anymore and yours is Takahashi-perfect.

In short, I am eagerly awaiting more. This mysterious element of their history hiding amongst the dust of the shrine ground definitely sounds like it will be one amazing plot twist in the making. Keep on writing and great job!
PitaBread chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
This is really interesting. I hope to see more of this story. I know what you mean, how sometimes you just can't get back to writing. I was away myself for a good 6 months, before getting back into it. Good luck with this story... hopefully you'll come upon the inspiration to write. _
cadkitten chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
This piece has been nominated at the Feudal Association!

The Feudal Association is a group that presents awards to fanfiction and fanart in the

InuYasha Fandom several times a year.

Our official website can be found here -

feudalassociation.

The current nominations pages are here:

feudalassociation.

And our Yahoo Group, where the nominations and voting occurs can be found here -

groups.

Voting is open August 1, 2007 - August 15, 2007.

Winners will be notified by me after August 15th.

~ The Daimyo
Crystal Twilight chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Interesting first chapter. I look forward to reading more of this story. Keep up the good work!
One More Thing chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
This story is really cute so far! I thought this story was AU. And that was definetly an Inuyasha proposal! So incredibly perfect! Its hard to come up with "Inuyasha" moments that are so realistically possible! If I hadn't read the summary, I would have thought this was a one shot! It really could stand alone! I look forward to more chapters!
WritingRin chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
I really enjoyed this. Inuyasha is just... SO CUTE. *squee* And I like the idea you had for this and how you wrote it and everything. And I don't mind that he turned human. It... fit the way you did it. And also, I loved the part where he proposed and was like "let me be yours" that is really romantic... And I was getting upset with Kagome too, for ruining everything!
HurtInside chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
I liked it but the fact that Inuyasha is human and the hair OMG his hair!I understand why u made him human but come on now the dog ears gotta stay inuyasha is not inuyasha without his dog ears!And once again OMG his hair!lol but overall good story _
Sango-chan chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
Wow! I love it so far, but then again, I love all your fics. You really manage to nail down the Kagome/Inuyasha relationship without making it ridiculously mushy or out of character. I look forward to the next chapter!
robochar chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
I love this chapter so much. I have read it through a couple of times and only increases how much I like it. You did a great job at keeping the characters IC while still try to reflect them maturing. You found a good balance of their characters with that natural maturity. Even the narration helps with this, plus the dialog is fantastic. It makes it very easy to hear the characters speaking. Also the way you wrote InuYasha finally bursting out that he wanted to marry Kagome was so well done. Like I said, dialog was a big key, plus the soild narration you gave was really intense. There was just a charm about the whole "him finally asking scene" that I really loved. I also want to know more about the past and, of course, I want to see more. This looks to be like an awesome story and I cannot wait to read more!
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
i prefer to cut hair using a razor instead of shears (hair dressers' "professional" term for scissors) creates a softer jagged cut instead of the blunted cut from shears. i use the razor for a spikey effect.

good story, eloquently written.

ginny
paynesgrey chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Wow, nice beginning. The writing and pacing is fantastic. I'm very interested in your premise too. I'm honestly not bothered by IY being human; I think it will create a nice challenge for his character to adapt to the change, and I'm looking forward in seeing what obstacles you'll have them face. Good luck with your next chapter.