Reviews for Felines and Fey
feyathene chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Awesome. Loved it. Totally Kaye too, even in Tithe she seems to be thinkin' one thing and something else comes out of her mouth. She acts like a fey without even realizing it. It reminds of the scene in the first book where she (essentially) bribes a kiss from Roiben. Good job. Love your detail.

"devour their fleeting loveliness" could have come straight from the mouth of Nicnevin, lol. )
topazandteapots chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
beautiful
Vaetra chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
very lovely. the descriptions you write are as beautiful as those in the book. (though of course still unique.)
yumeniai chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
hmm...intresting. Almost dark, really.
BlackBerge chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Lovly, I never really thought about what made Robien smile
goolsbygirl chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
i loved this story i actually just finished reading ironside it was amzing keep it up
GoddessMoonLady chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
*mischevious giggle* Absolutely delightful. *nods* *two thumbs up*
Ava Caita chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Interesting take on this scene! I like the cat similies.

Just be careful of staying in the same tense. For example: the drabble starts in past tense (no worries there) and then suddenly switches to present tense. "enjoying the pathetic shrieks of terror emitting from the victim as its entrails are violently torn from its body to be strewn in the path of the killer" should all be in past tense.

Still, it's always fun to see what other readers have to say about that moment. Black is an amazing author!
Fairybitch chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Another well expanded scene that had iched at me when i read it in Valient because I love Roiben and Kaye together... i hadn't been expecting to read about them in Valient but that's Holly for you, always tossing in a clever twist you couldn't see coming from a mile away... nice job... its interesting trying to picture Kaye as more faerie than human and you gave good metaphorical insight into this
loveableabusive chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
I love it

Tithe is my favourite book full stop. No questions. And Holly Black is one of my legends. Valiant was also good, and i like the way you compared cats to the faeries. But i have one thing to say.

Kaye wouldn't be like that. I know shes a faerie, and I know shes with Roiben who's the king of the Unseelie Court, but she had been a mortal for most of her life, she lived as one of them. I don't think she would say such a thing about a mortal. Especially after yelling at the Kelpie for killing Janet.

Its still very good. do not hate me for this review. I am brutal sometimes. :)

and I could say something about Roiben but im not going to :D