Reviews for Visions of Genius
Aiedail01 chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Haha, I love it. I seriously have NOT read an actually funny Office fic. Great job. Very good characterization. ]
Sour Schuyler chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
- Lol. Strange story, but funny.
HalloweenJack138 chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
I knew you had this one in you.

I can't tell you how much I loved how pathetic you wrote Jim's experience here, especially in his schedule and the final showdown with the Incredible Mullet... one of the hardest tricks out there is have someone being bored while still being funny, and you nail it here. Brilliant characterization all around... obviously the Jam are on centerstage here and you write them beautifully (Pam especially comes off very well), but I was actually most impressed with what you did with your supporting cast especially Dwight and Angela... I can hope that in your future stories (which I will harangue you constantly into writing as I have done before with others) will throw more of that into the mix.

Anyway, let me just say how happy I am to see this fic see the light of post... I was hoping you'd write a new Office story for quite a while now and this one turned out beautifully.

(And, yes, I am male. Thanks for the nod.)
MoonGoddessShadow chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
This was great. You got all the characters just right. At first, I almost thought it was a new HalloweenJack story. Seriously awesome, right down the the very end.
That'sMyFiasco chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Wow. I would like to prove just how much I admire this by saying something quasi-intelligent, but my mind is currently completely full of computer games and great, big, garish trophies. This was a giggle-worth and tolerably magnificent fic. Bravo.

Fiasco

(As for the quote, well, that book was just too freaking awesome NOT to quote.)
wellthatdepends chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Wow, great fic! Totally hilarious!

Very in character, enjoyed how you included most of the characters instead of just focusing on one or two.

Loved the Dwight/Angela moment. Nice.

And the Pam/Jim scenes were too cute XD

As for the songs, I'm not sure. Is one of them Business Up front/"Party in the Back" by Family Force 5? I'm not sure, but that's just my guess.

Again, great job!
silverjigsaw chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Oh man. This is brilliant. This is well-written. Heck, you could twinge a few details (get rid of the Office details) and get this thing published. This really is spectacular. I wish I could state some kind of improvement, make this a well-rounded critique, but I can't think of anything. M-freaking-azing
Swann Hunter chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
That was a very...unique... story. I loved it! That bit with Dwight and Angela was hilarious, and the 'criminal' Pam was really funny. Great job!
Cousin Mose chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Okay, first things first. I see you have two reviews already, and I swear I haven't read them, just in case they have identified the hidden song titles. Trust me.

So my guesses are "Imagine" (as spoken by dwight), and "Satisfaction" (as spoken by Jim). Those probably aren't even the ones you were looking for, and I missed the really obvious ones you put in in favor of some obscure random words that happen to coincidentally be song titles. Oh well.

Now then, I am going to applaud this fic quite highly, as it is a veritable fountain of brilliantly zany images and metaphors. A fantastic offering to counterpoint the usual fluff and sap that trickles around here. (Even though I am guilty of writing those myself).

And if there's a better line than "Micahel's programmed to want to sleep with his boss," I haven't read it. Nice work.
Alex Wert chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
You channelled Jack to an almost freakish nature (with better proofreading). I actually had to go back to the top of the page to see who the author was.

Very funny, nicely subdued humour, and a guy with a mullet.

PS. I always lose at solitaire, but my freecell is over 70%.
LizDarcy1 chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Cute story! I especially like the end. Very Jim/Pam-like. As to song titles, well, Bohemian Rhapsody is in there, but that is obvious, so I don't think it's one you meant. Anyway, keep up the good work, and I can't wait to read more of your stuff!
Bookybookbook chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
This was very cool - one of those better fics that has a good storyline and is well written and totally in character and... cool!

It had a side effect though... it made me want to play solitaire lol.

Very good. )