Reviews for Shades of Grey
Aronim chapter 2 . 4/24
This was great. Odd that I have read Diplomacy multiple times but only looked at this now.

Good to know that there is more.
vatam01 chapter 2 . 8/7/2013
awww :)
Sailor Pandabear chapter 2 . 1/13/2011
nice
Escalus chapter 2 . 9/24/2009
Damn. I found this story in Kibou's profile, and didn't notice that it was by another one of my favourite Warcraft writers -guess I finally found Thomas's life-changing event.
Mars-Eclipse chapter 2 . 9/22/2009
This was a touching, amazing story about how the Horde and the Alliance can truly work together! For a carebear like me, this was perfect, and I love it. very good!

Mars
Kitten Kisses chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
I'm back!

[He didn’t feel like having to use up the rest of Vo’don as a distraction.] Hahaha! I like this line.

[the trust between the group members left something to be asked.] I think the phrase goes, "left something to be desired".

[so he figured that the rogue did have some more affairs to deal with.] "so he figured that the rogue had more affairs to deal with".

[team of scientist] "team of scientists."

[Lady Jaina Proudmoore may be one of the precious few others who may have a similar mindset] "Lady Jaina Proudmoore may have been one of the precious few others who had a similar mindset"

[Vo’don didn’t say anything, but raised his hand. A small totem in the shape of a miniature voodoo mask on a stick, adorned with colorful feathers, stuck out between his three fingers.] I almost cried, hahaha. Seriously. I love Vo'don.

And the ending was just perfect, especially those last two lines. This was a really great 'fic. Thanks so much for taking the time to write and post it. I had a great time reading it!

Cheers,

-Manna
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
This looked like an interesting 'fic, and I've never really read for WoW, but... What can I say? Curiosity opened it's maw and tried to swallow me whole, so here I am! This has been complete for a while, and it's a bit old, but it seems promising, so I hope you don't mind some critique? You don't have to edit it or anything. (I would never expect that.) Anyway...

[Until he found himself chased by one, Thomas had always thought that the stories about the devilsaurs had only been the fruit of hungry travelers eating too many odd herbs in the Un’goro Crater.] I like that line. :D

[But, at least this wasn’t Collins fault.] "Collins's", or "Collins'".

[None of this really passed through Thomas’ head at the time] "None of that", since you're trying for a past-tense. :D

[The humans fully well knew that] "The humans knew full well" is how the saying goes, but that probably isn't important...

[Which meant unable to run any further.] "Which meant they would be unable to run any further."

[But planning is not a luxury often afforded by two men running for their lives.] I would change the "is" to "was", for past-tense's sake, but it's slide-able, in my opinion, since it applies...pretty much in any time frame. :D

[If it was as deep as it looked or if the sweat in his eyes was just fooling him… well, he was in no position where he could chose whether to take a risk or not.] This is worded a little awkwardly. I would probably change it to something like, "It it was as deep as it looked, or if the sweat in his eyes was just fooling him, well, it didn't matter; he was in no position to choose whether to take a risk or not." (Also, "choose" instead of "chose", if you kept the sentence as-is.)

[However, considering the situation the paladin had more ] Comma after situation.

[“Uh,” he said.] Thomas is a genius. He's so amusing!

[only to remember he had already used up those, and not been in a situation where he could recollect them.] Worded awkwardly. Maybe, "only to remember that he had already used them up, and he hadn't even been in a situation where he could recollect them."? Or something like that.

[it was a too low blow] This would sound better as, "it was too low a blow".

This was a really great story, by the way. I'd say more, but I see there's a second chapter, and I'd like to see what it's all about!

Anyway, wonderful job. You wrote about characters that were fun and interesting; Thomas is a dork, Collins was great, and Vo'don was very selfless. (Shana was epically evil, but also great.)

Thanks for a fun read!

Cheers,

-Manna
madpostman chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
Thomas is the best original WoW character ever! You make the best WoW stories! -
Ai Romnol chapter 2 . 2/8/2009
Loved it! It really is an awesome story.
fitzefitcher chapter 2 . 2/2/2009
Ah I love this so much.
ringo chapter 2 . 9/11/2008
i sort of aawed at the ending there. perhaps there could be a sequel, eh eh? though this ending is pretty complete and well rounded itself. i just like your characters so much, especially since thomas' way of thinking is changing c:
ringo chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
i truly enjoyed reading this. your characterization of them all is well done and memorable, which i think is an achievement. i like how the story developed and how thomas is flipping out through most of it and collins is just being a rogue
Glass Mermaid chapter 2 . 9/6/2008
I don't generally read fics about humans. I haven't really warmed up to them in game yet. However, trolls I adore, and this really made me reconsider humans as well. I love this little ficlet about diplomacy and possibilities. I'm going to go read the sequels and see what's what.
T. Mirai chapter 2 . 7/7/2008
Great ending! I am glad you decided to go ahead and write that second chapter. I love stories about Horde/Alliance relations that get into the complexities of their relationship and what could happen if the opposing factions found themselves faced with a common goal or in a similar situation. There is a story called "Under Certain Circumstances" that has a similar theme to your story and is just as well written. I'd suggest reading it as it is very good. Wonderful story, definitely a fav, and I will certainly read the sequel as well as Wail, Baby, Wail.
T. Mirai chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
Great chapter! You have a way with words! While this isn't the first story about an unfortunate encounter with a devilsaur I have read, it is definitely the most well written and the most interesting! Humor weaved in with nail-biting suspense makes for a great story. As an avid lover of trolls, I couldn't help but feel so sorry for poor Vo'don as well as cheer for him for being so valiant. Great story; I'll be moving on to chapter 2 now! :)