Reviews for Smoke and Mirrors
Juniper Sage chapter 6 . 1/30/2009
Fantastic story and characterisation. I'm just going to watch it in case it's ever updated ;)
Jetice chapter 6 . 8/15/2007
Darnnit... somebody beat me to the review board... argh...

It’s really starting to get good... is that how it REALLY happened cause it sounds like it could be the actual story line.

Blue is so funny... everything he does from talking to doing certain things makes me crack up. I particularly liked the little excerpt of them talking about Blue on the side... lol Mei-Ling probably likes Lute and that’s why she said something like that. I also like how Riki was boasting about his rings and how he is farther in his quest while Blue sadly keeps getting side tracked in his.

You raise a lot of good points.. Like I didnt know that females in magic kingdom couldnt use magic (i dont remember seeing any females there come to think of it... lol)

Post more... you need not a life until this story is complete to our liking! *pulls out whip* Don’t make me get ugly.
akikos-wok chapter 6 . 8/14/2007
hurray! you updated!

i think it's VERY clever the way you're intertwining Blue and Riki's stories...no doubt Lute's story will make its presence felt as well...

the interaction between Blue and Lute is adorable. i love the way Blue is evolving into a more compassionate human being without being remotely aware of it. and i'm not quite sure i believe Lute's insistence to Gen that he prefers women.

like before, just a few minor errors that were hardly even worth noting : )
akikos-wok chapter 5 . 8/5/2007
Ah no! I'm falling behind on reviewing.

So Chapter 4- Extremely entertaining, and I love the twist of Lute tagging along back to Yorkland as part of Riki's quest. There are a LOT of grammatical errors- just edit this when you get a chance, as they are the tiniest but distracting. But I found your writing in the first section (the part from Blue's point of view) to be pleasantly sophisticated and your description of his fight with the Kraken, invigorating. Also the thought of him naked and that the mercy of old lady is priceless.

And Chapter 5- MUCH better in terms of errors. There are still a few, but they're pretty minor and don't particularly stand out. I think your decision to have Blue essentially guilt-trip Lute into helping him was shallow, and incredibly appropriate. Leaves a lot of room for character improvement in Blue. I like how you chose to incorporate Thunder, but I would honestly have loved to have seen Blue and Lute struggle with and eventually destroy Krakens on their own. And I agree that they should die horrible, painful deaths. They're SO aggravating!
Jetice chapter 5 . 8/5/2007
WOW! I love it yay... I like how Blue got Lute to tag along.. Bye Bye Riki... *wave* I was cracking up like crazy... blue and his "Things That Would Die a Horribly and Preferably Painful Death" list lol... When i play saga frontier once i get a new spell i put it on and try it out lol! Im following the story in the game... and Thunder is kicking ass!

Write more... breaks arent allowed!
Jetice chapter 4 . 8/1/2007
Okay ill have to say that this is by far the best saga frontier story that I have ever read to myself while in class and, shockingly, cant control my laughter and end up with detention!

It has everything... even that robot that everybody keeps forgetting is there. I kept cracking up like crazy... The most hilarious parts where when Blue pulled the covers over his body cause of Lute.. and When Lute was freak out because of the weird doctor. I cant wait to read more of this... please continue to post... ill give you more reviews the more chapters you post!. I even like how everything flows together..

PS: GOD DAMN KRAKEN! He has given us all problems.. i hope Blue kills the S.O.B!
akikos-wok chapter 3 . 7/31/2007
Aha so more characters get to get in on the action...nice. Though I hated Riki's quest because I am absolutely hopeless with monsters, I do quite like the characters involved. Gen is particularly awesome and accurately depicted as so. Lute's impetuous bravery is endearing.

Also the thought of Blue stumbling around wasted and imagining Rouge with an entourage of companions laughing at him is fabulous. As is drunk Blue justifying himself.

Thanks for the dedication- rest assured, I'm still with ya : )
Jetice chapter 2 . 7/24/2007
O! Yes keep typing... I like it so far... This will be my inspiration to continue some of the ones I cut off... I see you spoke of me... thats very thankful... BluexLute FOREVER!
akikos-wok chapter 2 . 7/6/2007
Well since SaGa land is so dismally under appreciated, I naturally must review!

I like that you're planning on incorporating that dagger that shows up in all of Blue's character artwork that, as far I can tell, has nothing to do with the game. I also like your take on Lute, acknowledging that it is indeed time for him to stop being a bum and get a move on with his life, rather than having him whining about it. If you do keep writing, I'll keep reading.

(On a side note, I do hope they are reunited in Scrap- keeping with the game you know)