Reviews for Enmity
Shi-koi chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
*heart*

It's getting to be quite a habit, reviewing your fics. I haven't reviewed this many times in a single day for...oh, maybe two, three years. I can't quite remember. I'm usually pretty sparse with my reviews. That said, this one sincerely deserves one, if only for your delivery of the subject matter.

Coming from someone who loathes Hinamori, I really understand Rangiku's point of view. She's maybe a touch more vicious than I was expecting, but it was apt. Very apt. There's only so far Hinamori can get by playing the 'Boo hoo, I was used and thrown away' card, and I despise how she seems to drag it out whenever she wants, coaxing sympathy out of perceived guilt.

She's always struck me as a manipulative little miss, always viewing herself as severely put-upon and wounded, never trying to move forward, always stuck in her fantasies.

Yes, Aizen did something terrible to her, but he did something terrible to many people. Kira went through the same thing with Gin, and so did many others...but she never wants to see that, does she? She's never really grown up? Doesn't want to grow up.

I don't know. It may just be that she reviles me so much that I haven't got a completely clear outlook on her character, but then again, that's my prerogative, isn't it? Watching from the outside as I do.

Hinamori really needs a harsh comeuppance, but I don't want her to have to go through that. I want her to come to terms with herself and her experiences and stop being, well, a waste. I can't really hate her, that's reserved for only two people, well, characters, (and not from this series), but she's coming close. I think it helps that I don't have to endure her too often.

An excellent character piece. Vindicating more than enjoyable, but I still liked it.

Hugs,

~Shi-koi~

*heart*
icecreamlova chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Interesting take, and I don't think you're actually that far off from Matsumoto's feelings. It would be more powerful if you wrote out some of the events instead of just saying it, but Matsumoto still has a strong voice. BTW, do you notice that the flames are both unsigned?
Rabanete chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Azar & Rangiku: 1

Hinamori: 0

Go, go, go!
RobynGoodfellow chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
I know that you wrote this some time ago, but I love it. I have a strong aversion to Hinamori, and much of it does indeed have to do with her treatment of Hitsugaya. I'm not sure if you truly share the sentiment, but the oneshot made my day all the same. Thank you!
azngenius91 chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
Wow this is really deep but I loved it D I agree that Hinamori has an annoying voice (thought it pales in comparison to Inoue's and her constant "Kurosaki-Kuns" / *shudder*). Matsumoto, like Yoruichi is playful and lighthearted but they know when to care for someone, when to take things seriously, and how to really help someone out when in a quandary. I think you captured that aspect of her really well and contrasted it to Hinamori's disdain for her comrades. Apart from being tacky though, I don't think "Peach" is a bad name for a girl (I think her name is "Peach" and her Zanpaktou's is "Plum") but hey whatever floats your boat _. I like the one shots of characters that you and dracoqueen write so keep up the good work please and thanks again ).
GrnEydDvl chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
Wow, a very different spin on Hinamori, and I really liked it. It's so true. I'm really impressed how you got so much across in such a short piece. Very well written.
ignitesthestars chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
O. I like it, a lot. I think you got the way Ran would hate Momo down perfect.
CocoLime chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Ooh...Matsumoto's a bit OOC here, but if this is her, I'd have ta give her a hug. Kay, maybe not. I don't particularly like Hinamori either.

On the other side, it looks more like YOU saying what you think and using Rangiku as a parrot. Still, good job.

D
Fyyrrose chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
I have to give Matsumoto a million respect points.

This story summed up nicely just why I dislike Momo with a passion.

Nicely written so kudos on the job well done!
Lostremnant chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
I think this story would be improved if you didn't continuously TELL us how Matsumoto feels about Hinamori but rather show us more by depicting the events that you mention and then Matsumoto's reaction to the events. For example you could write about the event where Hinamori begs Hitsugaya to "save" Aizen and have Matsumoto overhearing it and then write about her reaction to it, her thoughts regarding it as it is happening rather than just telling us that Matsumoto hates Hinamori because Hinamori wants Hitsugaya to save Aizen.

And I'm not saying this because I like Hinamori...on the contrary I can't stand the girl. But you need to have more of an actual story showing why Matsumoto hates Hinamori rather than just giving us a list of reasons. That makes it more interesting to the reader.
Itsa C. Kret chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
...I think I'd be a little more well-disposed towards this fic if only it didn't feel like you were using Matsumoto as a vehicle to express your personal dislike of Hinamori. If you don't like Hinamori, that's fine, I'm not a fan either, but as it is, this story seems to me like a thinly-disguised excuse for character-bashing-and I've no respect for any author who'd stoop to such a level. If this isn't the case, then I apologize for the accusation. If it is...well then it's a damn shame because you do write well.
Jenn chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
The little box at the bottom of the form suggests that I "use this opportunity to comment on an aspect of the story that can be improved." So my suggestion is that you change the name of the main character from "Rangiku" to "Mary Sue" or "Enmity Sue" or "Whatever You Like Sue", since this is clearly just a big fat author insertion. Seriously, there is nothing here that is recognizable to me as Matsumoto. And while you certainly don't have to like Hinamori if you don't want to, it seems really unfair to perform character assassination on Matsumoto just to express your own loathing of another character.
otzi chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
I agree! I absolutely detest that girl! She is so utterly spineless and deluded and just plain annoying! Here's to hoping Momo finally eats dirt and Hitsugaya finally gets enough hormones to see the woman Rangiku is (or any other woman for that matter as long as it isn't Momo; although Rangiku is still my first choice)! Good job! You've definitely hit the mark on this one!
On Soaring Wings chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
If I did'nt hate Hinamori before, I sure as hell do now. Good drabble.
altersuperego chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
wow... um .. that sounds a little personal. I am going out on a limb here and guessing that *you* don't like Hinamori-fukutaichou. Which is cool; I'm not a big fan either. This is a nice little piece! It's well written and engaging. Well done!
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »