Reviews for Soul Nexus
ginnykissedharry chapter 18 . 10/15/2011
update soon! i think it would be great if harry jealous when ginny close to another boy beside him and ron! please continue, best soul bond fic that i've ever read!
Diablo Largato chapter 18 . 9/14/2011
WE WANT MOAR! MOAR! MOAR! with that said good job on the story thus far, if you could please update sometime soon or even cancel out the story or pass it on. Because honestly I feel like you have done such a great job just to have it not complete. Congrats and good luck.
Dolphelecat chapter 18 . 8/30/2011
I really like this story! It's rare to find a soul-bond fic (or any fic) that hows the characters realistically, flawed, and with all of the problems that would come from a bond like that. It's fascinating. Please continue this story!
FairoNeko chapter 18 . 5/13/2011
Oh my God!

This is wonderful!

Awesome!
just a reader chapter 18 . 4/30/2011
Unknown if you still monitor/recieve reviews, but it really doesn't matter. It doesn't look like you'll be finishing this anyway, so the reviews are more for future readers I suppose.

I just came back to this story after several years and did a quick skim of it. Basically I'm going back through my list of stories that had potential. Figured I'd drop a review before filing this one away.

The style is very readable. The words flow well in most cases and it's easy to get caught up in the story because the writing style allows such easy access. There are plenty of "soul bond" fics out there, and this is one of the few that, even though incomplete, has stood the test of re-reading/time. It offered an innovative approach to the subject, and as many other reviewers have pointed out, you seem to have gone out of your way to show the "negative" side of the soul bond. You write Ginny and Hermione in particular with a flare and imagination that is rarely seen, and should be commended.

That said, there are also places where the story could have been improved or done better. I'm not sure the reason but you seem to have a particular problem with understanding/writing the male perspective. At times, it could be argued to boarder on misandry, even. While for a person in their private life this is not a major issue, it does present some difficulties for an author. In particular because you chose to write this story from Harry's perspective. Given your affinity for Ginny in particular, the story would have been much more successfully told if it were from her perspective exclusively. The problems dealing with your male characters in general were compounded by your decisions in how to portray Harry in particular.

Many authors fall into the trap that is "trying to be more realistic about Harry's abusive past". This is a trap for two reasons: first, this is a fantasy story filled with magic and thus is not expected to follow the "normal" rules, and second the character we are presented with in canon at the age of 11 could never have come from the environment shown. It is a trap. You are better off doing as Rowling did and simply ignoring any form of psychology than trying to reconcile Harry as a character when you consider nine to ten years of even the minimal abuse seen in canon. This is especially true if you're going to try to show the inner workings of his mind. A child raised in the environment we see Harry raised in would likely have mental defenses that would put Snape and Dumbledore to shame. A visual representation of Harry's mind would likely have his core personality completely surrounded by a maze made out of mirrors and containing deadly traps. A person bonded to a mind like that would become confused and agitated at best and more likely would go insane, if they had not themselves grown up in such an environment. By trying to add a "little" realism back into things with regard to Harry's mental state, you only succeed in pointing out the obvious flaw in canon and end up weakening your own characterization.

(To give a more concrete example of what I mean, consider this: A Harry with "realistic" emotional responses to the way he was raised would never allow himself to be as "weak" as you present him. Realistic!Harry follows Hermione's nagging, not because he secretly desires someone to take care of him like a mother or sister, but because he's learned from the Dursleys that it is always best to follow the path of least resistance. Doesn't mean he does not care about Hermione and her feelings. Far from it. But his tacit approval for her running his life would be motivated by the fact that he may trust her with his life but never with his mind/emotions... fighting against her is too revealing an action when in almost every case, what she nags him about is something he doesn't care about anyway. By contrast, realistic!Harry would fight Ginny's intrusion into his mind tooth and nail, and as the bond grew stronger and stronger and he felt himself losing more and more "control" within his own mind, it's likely Harry would commit suicide as a form of self defense. Under no circumstances would his hart be warmed by either giving up control to Ginny and her forceful personality or allowing her to reveal to others the secrets of living with the Dursleys. I'd imagine that if he could find some way to send pain directly through the bond, realistic!Harry would use that leverage to curb Ginny's actions until she learned to send an equally "painful" jolt of unconditional love back a him - and Rowling did get that right... such love WOULD be painful to someone raised as either Voldemort or Harry were. At any rate, I hope the examples I've given show in a more concrete way why the trap of making Harry more "realistic" should be avoided unless that is the only focus of your fic, and you're prepared to write at least five hundred thousand words of angst - even then it's likely by the end of book four and definite by the end of book five that Harry's mental "defenses" would be such that he would die rather than willingly take them down or allow others to try to convince him to take them down.)

I know I just spent a lot of time tearing down your characterization of male characters in general and Harry in particular, but don't take that to mean this is a bad story. The reason I spent so much on these two things is that they are really the only major flaws in in this story (and for any author, even professional ones, it's a huge accomplishment to have only two major flaws to your writing... you should be very proud there are so few areas to work on). For readers out there, unless the two issues above will totally ruin your enjoyment of an otherwise delightfully imaginative story (or unless you're one of those people who refuse to see Ron in any kind of positive light and would gnaw your own arm off before reading a story where Ron and Hermione have a romance), I HIGHLY recommend this story.

Thank you for writing and sharing this story with us all. If you still get these reviews, I hope you'll take the praise with pride and the criticism as an honest attempt to make you aware of your weaknesses and help you become an even better writer. Even though it seems you've decided or been forced to stop posting under this name or on this story, I hope wherever you are you are still writing and becoming an even better writer.

j-a-r
JourneyRocks13 chapter 18 . 4/17/2011
Good story. Hope to see more
Scabbers1957 chapter 10 . 2/25/2011
I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW WELL WRITTEN THIS STORY IS SO FAR...YOUVE TOTALLY CAUGHT HARRY AS I IMAGINE HE WOULD BE AFTER ALL THE MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE HES SUFFERED. MUCH AS IM NOT A BIG GINNY-HARRY PAIRING FAN...SHE IS JUST RIGHT IN THIS STORY.

:))
kittykatkitkat chapter 18 . 12/18/2010
OMFG i LOVE it. i kno u havent updated it in like 2 yrs but plz try!
bragg247 chapter 18 . 12/9/2010
Well, I'm very sorry that it looks like you're not continuing this story any further - I've really enjoyed what I've read of it, and would have liked to see it continue to develop. The characterisations in your story are strong, and you've taken on a type of story (Soulbonding) that can easily be done poorly, but you've really put together a story that's engaging and interesting.

Even if you never do continue this story, I hope you're still writing something out there.
Sarah chapter 18 . 8/20/2010
I would be so happy if you started updating again. I love soul bond stories.
xxbabyxox chapter 18 . 7/16/2010
oh my. i'm so dissapointed that you haven't continued this story. Your detail to character development is shocking and wonderful. i've gotten to know the characters in a way that jk rowling could not even manage to do.

Thank you for at least writing this far.

Love,

Baby
Lucem Yoru chapter 18 . 7/12/2010
Awesome story, I hope you'll continue writing.
Stiehl chapter 18 . 7/9/2010
It's a shame that you seem to have abandoned this. The development of Harry and Ginny's relationship was fairly realistic, given Harry's lack of a proper home environment for ten years.
HIdragon chapter 18 . 7/8/2010
hey, good writing here. I do look forward to the next chapter, and your writing is good. It took a while for things to start moving forward, but overall it was good and satisfying. the pace has been picked up, what you do with the next chapter is what you do. Good plot, and control. Characterization of many aspects, its good enough though you could add a bit more. but digress, i shall. Thank you for the fan fiction to read, and with that note, I'm off.
bloodyvampire2 chapter 18 . 6/22/2010
damn good story...though a common idea [the bond thing],i felt this was very different from the ones I have read cause in those everything's always peachy between harry and ginny from the beginning and was kinda unrealistic. So this was something got hooked immediately and couldn't stop reading till I got to this chapter.

I am hoping there is more to come and wishing you all the best in your writing.

Can't wait to read more