Reviews for In a Desperate Land
Ophium chapter 12 . 6/22/2009
I don't even know where to start... There's the I LOVE THIS! and the HOW THE HELL DID THIS ONE SLIP BY WITHOUT ME READING IT SOONER! and the WHAT AN AWESOME CONCEPT! and HOLLY FRIGGING HELL! YOU ARE ONE HECK OF A WRITER!

I still haven't checked to see how far down this wonderful, new universe you went, but if there are any more stories, I'll be definately reading them.

I read this all in one go and at the beginning I started copping and pilling up the sentences and ideas that had spoken more to me, that had touched me in their awesomeness, but middway through I gave up... there was just too many of them! One thing stuck though: the lovely flash of young Sam and Dean, almost always bringing me to tears; the concept that Sam had always had an innerDean talking to him and Dean always had a innerSam doing the same; the seemless and brilliant way those inner voices became the real deal and the ending... blew me away, dude... just blew me away!

Wonderful work :D and I'm very, very glad that I eventually stumbled upon it, even if it took me 2 whole years...
xxAkira-chanxx chapter 11 . 3/10/2009
I can honestly say that I have no words as of now to describe how amazing this was. The story and plot was executed perfectly. Dean and Sam had so much depth in their characters. You also added a lot to the existing facts of their "childhoods" as well as adding your own ideas. The memory of John abusing little Dean made me furious and broke my heart :( Loved how the link and bond between Sam and Dean! This was epic :D great job
Sakura123 chapter 12 . 12/18/2008
In beginning, I loved the ideal that Dean finally managed to do something for his brother in a FanFic without Sam interfering before he actually got to execute his plans. The fact that Dean became EVIL, was really the selling point for me.

Sam traveling around to find a way to save his brother was interesting, especially when he met up with Missouri; My only problem was the number of flashbacks inserted before Dean makes a reappearance. A little overbearing. I loved how Dean was just unforgivingly ruthless to his victims (shown), especially to Sam when he got there. However, as I went further into the story, Dean just began to Monolouge far too much to be a "Demon"; If anything, he just sounded like he decided he wasn't going to play nice with Sam's feelings and just let out all his feelings and deep, dark thoughts. Not very Demony if you ask me. And then the end... that totally came out of left field for me.

Overall, I enjoyed it; I'm not sure what I was expecting though (a bleak ending where Sam couldn't save Sean and had to kill him?).

Sakura123
yeahey chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
add me to the list of people who wanna see more from this!

please!
kirallie chapter 12 . 8/22/2008
Great story! Pretty stupid of Dean to not realise Sam would come after him and that with missing a bit of his soul he wouldn't care about hurting him. Very glad Sam and Bobby managed to save Dean. Are there any arrest warrants out on Dean after his evil stint since surely someone noticed people went missing after being with him? Poor kid, glad Sam got him out vut no way he'd ever get over what was done to him. Loved it!
kay chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
i too would love to see more stories from this au! wish you'd go on!
Noella-Ange chapter 12 . 4/19/2008
Hi Kansas42,

I read a lot of Supernatural Fanfiction, but I have to say your story was one of the best. I started reading and I didn't want to stop. I would truly enjoy more stories from this AU.
chb76 chapter 12 . 4/14/2008
Fantastic epilogue. First half was totally sad and heartbreaking and generally amazing. The scene where a drunk Dean broke down on Sam was just beautiful. I really like how they can talk without talking now - it's really powerful and gives Dean a chance to be honest without it ruining his image. The humour was great too, I love how you weave in the odd line just to break it up - crap on toast - LOL - it works really well. I really felt for Dean when he had the vision - especially when Bobby pushed him the chicken wings ugh. I think there's definitely scope for future fics within this universe and I would definietly be interested. It's not all that AU IMO cos they're already practically symbiotic anyway in canon land and this linking of souls thing that you've got going on seems like a natural progression. Amazing story anyway. Loved every bit and looking forward to what you have planned for the future. Thanks for writing such a frigging fantastic fic.
pringle.sam chapter 12 . 4/7/2008
This is such an amazing story! In the beginning, I was all like, 'no, can't read, Dean is torturing Sammy, don't look!' but I managed and I'm so glad I did! I love soul-linked Sam and Dean!

Please please do write some more; I don't care how long you take.
Lilly B chapter 12 . 4/7/2008
i absolutely loved this story! i really REALLY enjoyed reading it...and the ending was awesome. i would definitely be intrested in reading more stories in this AU...i'll be on the lookout for them! enjoy your break though. thanks so much for writing this...you did a great job!
PADavis chapter 12 . 4/5/2008
Congratulations on finishing the story. I'm more than impressed with how you wrapped this up, I was horrified, and moved, and just so taken in by this whole story and your AU. The interplay between them, the depth of cruelty Dean achieved for the Demon are very haunting. I would love to see more stories set in a universe where they share the psychic mojo. This was an astounding ride.

Phoebe
JazzyIrish chapter 12 . 4/5/2008
Well, KS, this has been a helluva ride! Loved the epilogue - the boys trying to come to terms with every thing that's happened to them. Dean just broke my heart - I can't even fathom how hard it would be to get past the grief and horror of what he had done as EvilDean. You did a fantastic job of portraying his downfall into despair. And then I loved how you showed us how Dean finally managed to heal somewhat with Sam's help.

But the end, my dear. That was the piece de resistance - their shared dream of sitting at the rim of the Grand Canyon, stepping off the edge and then:

"Time seemed to stop for a minute and then they fell, fell faster . . .

. . .they fell . . .they fell . . .

. . . and then they flew. . . together." Wow! Fantastic end!

I like the premise of the boys' new connection, their ability to read each other's thoughts, to sense one another. So that together with their new abilities would make a very interesting background for a story or stories in this verse.

Thank you so very much for sharing your amazing talent with us. I looked forward to every update with great anticipation. This story was simply phenomenal. You are a wonderful storyteller. Until next time...
bb1028 chapter 12 . 4/5/2008
And, Okay, wow... that ending was just, awesome. Definitely a perfect way to end that, and i totally loved it. This whole story was awesome.. the way you got into their heads, let each other get into their heads, it was great. And I love the mismatching of abilities. Sam having the TK, Dean the visions, and them both having that comforting link between them (definitely going to be plus on a hunt, always knowing where the other is), I'm all for a continuation on this.

The angle on this story was all knew and I loved reading it. I'm really going to be looking forward to seeing more in this verse, so until then.. take care, and I'll be keeping an eye out for your next bit.

beth xx
Kalira of the flames chapter 12 . 4/5/2008
That was a wonderful story. I loved the angst and the idea that Sam and Dean were linked that way. Usually I'm not such a big one for angst but it was really effective.

I love your Sam and Dean and would love to read another story featuring this 'verse. Dean's usually the more physical fighter while Sam's all.. sensitive and stuff so its cool that Dean gets the visions and Sam gets the TK. I'd love to see Dean more irritated about that when he's feeling better.

Gah..pink living room and manicure. -shudder-

Great fic. I'll miss it.
aevi chapter 12 . 4/4/2008
hey kansas-dude. you stopped my heart so many times throughout this AMAZING fic-you totally deserve a long, restful break.

but after that, i expect to see lots, lots more amazing stories set in this verse or any other, as long as they involve sam and dean.

yeah. honestly, this is probably one of the only supernatural AU verses that i like. amazing stuff. it's an interesting twist, but somehow, you make it work. keep up the AMAZING work-i hope to read some new stuff soon (even tho i said you could take a long break, lol)
148 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »