Reviews for Go Ask Alice
Lantana75 chapter 4 . 8/24/2012
Love it. You're talented. :-)

I also think Brisco ended too soon. I am a die-hard Bruce Campbell fan. He is so handsome, funny, and talented. Looking forward to more.
(I didnt even know this had a column for Brisco. Glad to know that now. I have an old fanfic I wrote for it.)
IcyWaters chapter 4 . 3/15/2011
Dang! The story isn’t finished and it’s been three-and-a-half-years since it was last updated, sigh… Oh well, I have no regrets in starting it. These four chapters have been a joy to read.

Things were really picking up, too. Lord Bowler finally became involved in the case and we were treated to an evening at his mansion…and an appearance by Reginald is always a plus! :-) The two old partners were about to shake up San Francisco and Socrates was so close to being included in on the action…

I know it’s been a while, but any chance you might come back and finish this? Pretty please? I’ll give you a green apple…one of those special ones that grow on trees…wink. :-)
IcyWaters chapter 3 . 3/15/2011
Another exciting chapter! The dime novels coming back to haunt Brisco again is fun. :-) I was grinning when he started inwardly correcting the inaccuracies of the story. I could hear his voice as I read. :-)

As for Beatrice…I was actually under the impression the young lady was the Alice of the title, so learning that was her friend’s name came as a small surprise. I like how you don’t shy away from the brutal realities of the time period and what Beatrice had to do to survive. It’s heartbreaking what she has had to endure, but I like that she also has a quiet toughness and determination.

One nitpick: Beatrice can’t read, yet it was mentioned several times how she and Alice exchanged letters. At one point, when she describes Alice’s suitors as rich, she remarks how the word was underlined. How would she know this? Who was reading the mail to her? And who wrote Beatrice’s letters?
IcyWaters chapter 2 . 3/15/2011
Poor Brisco! If Bowler ever learns his old partner was beaten up by such well-dressed thugs, he’ll never hear the end of it! :-)

The suspense is building nicely. The mysterious girl and the ambush in the alley feel as if they came directly from an episode. I can’t wait to learn more about this unique cufflink and why it’s so familiar to our hero.

I also must compliment you on your writing style. It fits the series so well; it’s breezy, witty, full of sharp observations and incredibly vivid. Yet, it’s also simple, clean and concise. There is a wonderful balance between the delightful descriptions and the actions scenes. You have real talent!
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Gasp, is it true? A category devoted to “The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.?” How exciting! It’s one of my favorite shows! Now that I have out of my system, it’s time for the review. :-)

The opening sentences were wonderfully written. I loved the vivid descriptions of the icy wind and how it drifted in from an undeterminable direction. Very nicely done!

Your characterization of Brisco is also spot-on. I particularly like how something is different about him; how for the first time, he seems aimless without any real goals. It makes for a natural progression on the events of the series finale and having to look down the barrel of a rifle.

Oh, and I loved that Ellie makes an appearance. :-) Now for Bowler, Socrates and Comet… I’m off to the next chapter.
Alexis Katherine chapter 4 . 8/7/2007
Atterbury is a villain with expensive tastes. Educated, calculating. Perhaps he will be a worthy adversary for Brisco and the gang. :) And I don't mind the exposition; I sense it's setting up something big.

And cheers for bringing out the "background" characters like Ellie and now Reginald!
Grazia D chapter 4 . 8/7/2007
Ah, as soon as you brought in Reginald, I smiled. I absolutely love Bowler. And I am very happy to see Soc showing up next!

I am pretty impatient as well, and I can't wait to see where this is going. :). Again, great chapter. I'm glad fanfiction got over what little problem they suffered from for the past day or so and you got to post this!
Grazia D chapter 3 . 8/1/2007
Aarg! I despise commercial breaks! Especially when I'm really getting into the story! I cannot wait for the next update! I was so happy to see an update, you pulled me from Shark Week, which is nearly impossible to do!
Alexis Katherine chapter 3 . 8/1/2007
An update! At last! The scene settings are vivid and I liked how the action was mixed in with all of the exposition. Sounds like Brisco has his work cut out for him if he takes the case.

The line: "...a man who was luring young women to the city and then preying on their innocence..." - is this an allusion to H.H. Holmes, perhaps?
Grazia D chapter 2 . 7/24/2007
First things first, how'd you do on the bar? Second, yay! I was so happy to see an update! Third, great chapter, very Brisco-esque. And fourth, patiently waiting for more
Grazia D chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Great opening! I love Brisco and I'm still bitter about it ending way too soon. Even after 14 years or so. Can't wait for more!
Alexis Katherine chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
Wow - a classic Brisco teaser opening. Can't wait to read more!