Reviews for Keep Breathing
precious831 chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
That was so well written and very moving. Wow. Loved it.
layhee chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
M, now THAT was good. Very touching, really really great. It had a wonderful dreamy quality and that was perfect for this sort of situation. Especially loved the opening couple of lines. Great job! :)
prudence dear chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Wow, that was great! Is there going to be more chapters? I'm a sucker for all this Lee/Kara angst especially when it's done well like this and you actually get to get in their heads and hear how they feel.

Well done!

-Pru
dyslexu chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Great take on Lee during those few episodes and what his mindset will be in the season 4 premiere. I'm adding it to my personal canon. :P As a secondary note, technically/stylistically well done.
SG1SamFan chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Hey, ariel! It's Emily from the shipper thread (EmeraldSky33). I just read this on your LJ but don't have an account yet, so I tried typing in a quick-link to your profile on here because I didn't know if you had an account, and-yay!-it worked. So here begins my review. ;)

This was a wonderful story on a subject that seems completely obvious-but I've never seen it done quite like this before. I liked your comparison of Lee's relationship to Kara and other people's relationships to her, and how his wasn't quite like any of them.

I liked the repetition of the line, "Is that what she was?" and then Lee realizing that "She is everything." Oh, set my little shipper heart ablaze, ariel! :P I think perhaps the lines might have had more impact had they been placed on their own lines and not at the end of long paragraphs, but they served their purpose quite well as it is. Also, maybe you could have broken up the paragraphs a little to add emphasis where appropriate, but, again, this is just nitpicking and it all flowed just fine, so don't feel like I'm picking on you-just trying to be helpful. ;)

I also noticed you spelled "matters," "maters," in the second-to-last paragraph. While one has more bearing to Kara and Lee as a whole (;) :P), I think you meant the former rather than the latter. :D ;)

My favorite part was the whole last paragraph, but especially "He is caught off guard, when the nose of a ship comes alongside his viper and he thinks, for a moment, that he is hallucinating. The weeks of stuffing his grief deeper and deeper inside himself are coming back to haunt him, surely. The knot in his throat threatens to strangle him, but there, beside him, a few feet and two canopies away, is the face he has yearned to see and the voice in his ear that says his name is the one that he has longed to hear. His own voice seems to be stuck but he manages to get her name out from his frozen jaw." So powerful and poignant, ariel! Just exquisite!

But my favorite line of all was, of course, the last one: "Kara Thrace is alive and real and Lee Adama knows what she was and what she is. *She is everything.*" Best. Line. Ever. Sums up the story, and LK, so perfectly.

I really loved Lee's character growth in this piece, how he came to accept that Kara was the most important thing in his world.

Thanks for a fine piece of writing! I want more, ariel! More of this or more of something else-I won't be picky. :)

Emily ;)
latteaddict chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
This was lovely and very insightful. I love the comparisons you make about what Kara was supposed to mean to Lee. I really loved the way you pointed out Kara's ship was in pieces and so was the Admirals *sob* Well done!
PiperSun302 chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Nicely done! I really enjoyed it. Great Fic, feel free to keep sharing.
MindyO chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Simply beautiful. I love fics that make me cry...
Drakkenfyre chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
What a beautiful story. Very well written.
pilotlover chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Aw. This is so sad & yet so sweet. Let's hope our pilots will have their bright & shiny future, with each other.

Thank you for sharing.

Marilyn
bel535672 chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Hey Ariel...

I love it, it is so beautifully written...

You go girl...