Reviews for Gentlemen Don't Do That
LadyAnalyn chapter 2 . 6/7/2007
Keep going, this is getting more interesting by the minute.
schwanendreher chapter 2 . 6/7/2007
So far Remus is by far the most enjoyable character, and not because he acts like himself typically. He's rather funny!

just as a note: the word *homosexual* wasn't coined until the 1890s during Freud's time when they actually started to look into sexual thoughts.

But it's lovely. I swear. okay I g2g bye
rekahneko chapter 2 . 6/7/2007
I love how Remus and Lily talk in circles. They say things without actually saying things.

And Remus' reaction to Sirius is funny! Go Sirius!

(-8
hermionegranger47393 chapter 2 . 6/7/2007
Kissing. Kissing other men. Gentlemen don't do that.

OH, ROFL. This is hilarious how stiff Remus is about all this.

ooh, Sirius really is starting a 'banter' between them, eh? And all so James can just have Miss Evans... who I LOVE btw, it's SO in character!

“The gentlemen has convinced himself that he has fallen in love with me.” She said, and then huffed. “What nonsense. The man has known me for approximately one evening and one morning and he believes that he so effusively smitten with me,” She shuddered. “He made quite a scene proving it.”

LOL. I can TOTATTLY imagine that. I LOVE this. love love love it!
rekahneko chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
Oh!

A new AU and from Julia no less!

Life is good to me.

Love it so far; can't wait for more...

(-8
MayaMay chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
I do believe you have found your niche. :O

The beginning reminded me a bit about Pride and Prejudice, when Mrs. Bennet is gossiping to the Mister about the Bingleys.

I'm very excited for this story; there aren't many like it. This will definitely be a story I'm going to closely watch. : )
LadyAnalyn chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
I'm intrigued and I'd like to see more. But why was Remus doing the laundry? shouldn't they have a maid for that?
Jordanne chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
aww i absolutely love this :D

I sometmes think i was born in the wrong era, especially when i read fics like this.

keep up the tasty fictiony goodness
Rubber-duckiesofdoom chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Ohers, nice :)

**Duckies
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
This is a really good story - it's nice to see you writing some JPLE! Also it will be interesting to see Sirius and Remus' relationship because of the time era!

Great writing style, as always - I've never read a bad fic of yours, and definately some interesting ideas. Can't wait to read more, please update soon!

Cuba
schwanendreher chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
wow I totally wanted to write something like that but knew I never would. Thanks for writing it for me!
Zenna chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
i love you. truly. this story needs a bit more sirius, i think, but the remus bits are ace.

so far, so good.
lemmesee chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
I know I giggled aloud at one point (making people stare) but I couldn't help it, this is funny! I just hope that the humor will continue with the plot!
Riku-Rocks chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
This is an interesting opening chapter.

The atmoshphere of the era and the tale itself are well established.

The grammar, style, and pace are nice as well.
Elpin chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Oh, this is GOOD! I love it! It's like Pride and Prejudice slashed! I noticed some of the dialogue at the beginning was very similar. I love it! I can't wait to read all the banter between Sirius and Remus. James' courting of Lily is funny too. Please update soon! I'm hanging on your every word! (I'm a Jane Austin fan as well as Harry Potter so this is like a dream come true!) *adding to favs right now because I know this'll be good!*
256 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 Next »