Reviews for Revenge
Dani Jones chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Interesting...interesting...I'll keep my eye on this one.

Dani Jones
Tina Marina chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Waah...Jack's a douche. I admire your bravery to do so. A lot of fangirls out there will be on your ass, man!
Whatever chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
This story is honestly just a waste of space where a good story could be. Your OC came out of nowhere and was very underdeveloped. Jack and Beckett were way OOC and you had many grammatical errors. Delete this please!
Emily chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
You have a great deal of grammatical errors and you tended to break up your sentences needlessly. The characters are polarized and not in the least bit believable, you basically invented a personality and slapped it on a POTC character, and your “Lucy” is underdeveloped at best (And what’s with being afraid of a storm at night? Are we supposed to think she is six years old?). It doesn’t translate enough emotion for what your trying to convey and it seems very rushed and poorly (if at all) planned. It should have been more throughly examined on your part before being posted as there were many opportunities to use more vocabulary of the time period instead of using the same words over and over. When Jack used the word “shag” I instantly thought this was a contemporary break in/rape fic and that he was some kind of cheesey Bond villian. It has potential but I would suggest going through and extending the vocabulary and pulling in more terms from the period to give it a more authentic feel. And I think you should consider extending it to develop Lucy and Cutler’s relationship beyond “She’s afraid of lightening and wants to cuddle.” All this probably sounds harsh but I think this could really be a worth while story if given a proper tune-up. Your scenes between Lucy and Cutler have potential but the dramatic rape/murder ending needs serious work along with Jack’s role, it simply doesn’t fit.
BG Sparrow chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Aww! Jack was so mean! I send Beckett my sympathies..

Very well written! Tear jerker, lump in the thraot and all! Beautiful! Write more (if that is at all possible, lol)

Ta, Erica ))
Fraulein Chacha chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
I can actually see a very drunk Sparrow doing that...
thepiratelord chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
The tagline prompted me to come here, out of curiousity. I was hoping for something that might pass as canon backstory, and I'm sorry to say this was rather dissapointing.

Both Beckett and Jack were completely out of character, and the OC had no development, no story to her, nothing but a name, a vague description, and a death. We knew nothing about her, and there was no reason to mourn her.

That could be overlooked, if Beckett and Jack had been written convincingly. They weren't. Beckett had none of the strength of character that makes him so interesting. Even in the worst situations, he retains some measure of composure and intelligence, and wouldn't be so quickly made helpless and pleading. And while Jack certainly has the capacity to be cruel, his actions here were so far off the mark, he isn't even recognizable as Jack. It's a generic, stereotypical pirate with Jack's name.

The story IDEA had potential. But what was advertised wasn't delivered. As a fan of both Beckett AND Jack, I'm very dissapointed by this.
dreamdescend chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
For once, a fic with Jack as the bad guy! I think that, too often, people underestimate Jack's capacity for cruelty, and instead just whine about how "mean" Beckett is. Huzzah for Beckett!
blackrose305 chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
This story is so cute!
Gizelle Aidene chapter 1 . 6/7/2007

I cried.

I never cry.

Damn you, for making me cry.

Although, very good, very good.

I was very much impressed.

Can't wait for the next part!
maria chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Oh my goodness! I can't take that story at all! Yes it is a good story, but I can't stand Jack Sparrow being that way. I will definitely find this story again!
gone4good chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Jack might be a pirate, but he's not "that" kind of a pirate. Sorry but your Jack is way too OOC for my taste.
Samantha11 chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
you made me cry but i liked that beckett was sweet