Reviews for And Other Troublesome Things
Aalliya chapter 6 . 12/1/2009
Loved it! Awesome job!
xxkizixx chapter 6 . 8/4/2009
Another well written story. This was funny and had all the Clois moments without being too chunky. Amazing. Well Done! _
Luca chapter 6 . 1/8/2009
Great story!
kookey chapter 6 . 11/11/2008
That was perfect - believable characterizations, perfect length, great grammar, and nice plot. Not to mention the ending just about had me on the floor with laughter. Wonderful job!
Raudell chapter 6 . 2/19/2008
I've been out for a while, but I finally got around to catching up with all the new stuff from my favorite author...and I've just got to say, this one borderlined on perfection. I learned a whole lot about writing characters, character development, and writing as a whole from reading this, not to mention it was a fun and enjoyable journey (with, of course, the Cloisness that I love). You managed to capture Lois the way that I see her in my head, but that I haven't been able to put into practice either in writing or even seeing it on Smallville. Taking a nod to the point of your story, I agree, it would be totally way cool to see something like this in Smallville, even minus the Clois if they could manage to capture Lois or Clark like you've done here.

My favorite part of the story is Lois' confession in Chapter 4, where she describes what she really wants (in terms of true love). It's such a perfect description of the way that Lois and Clark are (or at least should be) together, almost like she's unconsciously describing that Clark is what she really wants. Very cool.

The ending was also very satisfying. It really tied up the story well. I've read some stories that have ended, and I've been like "That's it? I want to see what happens next!" instead of being excited about what DID happen in the story. There's a place for those types of stories, but I really liked the way you ended this one. It really felt complete.

All in all, I really loved it, and will likely end up coming back to read it again when the writers of Smallville are a little less than nice to us Cloisians.
ancarett chapter 6 . 11/10/2007
Wow! It was great to see Lois and Clark come together on the investigation. I really liked how you worked in their progress, relationship-wise, with the progress of their investigation. Lots of super-excitement there as well as a wonderfully character-ful ending!
Annie M1 chapter 6 . 10/26/2007
Sonia,

I know I posted feedback a little while ago at DI, but after finding it again on I thought it only fair to post again. Besides, this is an easier method of collating all of your feedback. ;-)

What a treat this has been to read. As I've basically just finished reading the entire story I won't be able to quote directly from each post, but I will say that I loved the insights you brought up within your tale.

I love the way you moved through so many moods, starting out as an action/adventure then moving to comedy and innuendo, throwing in some angst with the Chloe situation-which I totally loved!

I always love the way you write Lois, you really seem to have such a great handle on her personality. I especially love how you infuse the sometimes painful and brutal honesty of her observations and questions with genuine humility.

And wow, wouldn't we all love to see a Clark Kent, as interpreted here, with a pair of balls, an awareness of his prior bad actions, a working consciences, and where he finally sees Lois for the principled and brave women she actually is. Finally dispensing with the equation that love should be settling for Lana Lang and allowing Lois to open his eyes to what he should be aiming for.

“I want to meet that person that keeps me on my toes while making my knees go weak. I want the one who’s strong where I’m weak, but whose strength of character complements mine. Someone who tilts my world on its axis whenever we are in the same room together, but sets everything right with one touch. I want to be driven crazy from the spectrum of emotion that he makes me feel… I want a love that is ignited by passion, by challenge, and by complete faith.”

Clark was thunderstruck. As Lois described what she wanted in love, he had felt as if blinders were being taken from his eyes. In his determination to make things right… to make them normal and simple, he had made the mistake that Lois was trying to avoid. He had settled.

Wow! Clark wasn't the only one who was thunderstruck. Fabulous bit of writing and observation.

Other random things I enjoyed immensely were: the "Why Lana?" question; the line about intergalactic traveller and the dog; the way you handled the "Green Arrow" kiss.

This story was a gem and treat, and I thank you for sharing it.

Annie
clois fan chapter 6 . 6/27/2007
haha. that was interesting. well done.
thewomanwhosoldtheworld chapter 6 . 6/11/2007
FANTASTIC! thank you.

thewomanwhosoldtheworld
super.laurent chapter 6 . 6/11/2007
It can't end like that? Please, I want more, I NEED more! Keep it up!
CindyB chapter 6 . 6/10/2007
-The E... I'm glad that you know that Lois Lane would never accept that as an ending to a chapter. If it isn't written her way it isn't the end. I do like how you ended this L&C chapter. However, I do see this as just a chapter and not the end of the fic.

I can't wait to see what you have written for the next ch.(s). More please. There just isn't enough L&C fic.
xoxoT.Vxoxo chapter 6 . 6/10/2007
Really good story, i second the idea of a sequel.
drufan chapter 6 . 6/10/2007
What fun! Looks like they're having fun with the old in and out...

Smart little tale and a blast to read. Thanks!
MysticWolf1 chapter 6 . 6/10/2007
Cute, nice sweet ending.

Not much resistance, but than again this is a short story, not a novel.
winthjo chapter 6 . 6/10/2007
Great story, but you ended it too soon. How about a sequel on how they get out of there and their new relationship.