Reviews for What You'll Lose
yay chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
This is beautiful.
PaisleyHearts chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
I read this story yesterday, I just wasn't logged in. I couldn't leave a proper review. Like the other review I just left, I would just like to say that I absolutely adore your writing style. There's just something so, I'm not sure how to put it, raw about it (I guess). The way you develop the characters astounds me. Great job!
Writey Starkid chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I...actually don't know what to say. Because of the awesomeness, that is. So that's a good thing.

~Writey
woot, millman is an amazng counsler in the stories and i think you did him justice. And you made me feel sorry for Joanne, impressive.
silvermisery chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
That was beautiful. Just beautiful. You took a minor character who nobody really ever thinks about and changed her into someone real. I loved the style of writing, especially the way you wrote it all as though you were talking to her, but objectively in a way-did that make sense? Never mind, I think your story has scrambled my brains slightly. Anyway, that was beautiful!

_Oh, and who did she marry? In your mind, anyway. I like to think of him as Kit-fangirl popping up here_

-Morgan-
alice in a coma chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Wow.

That's really all I can think of to say. It was so well written and so...so true. I really liked the way you put it in second person. That was a brave choice to make and it worked out really well.

This is definitely one of the best stories I've read. It was really moving.
Tenshi-no-Aku chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Interesting. The way you wrote this was unexpected and original. I just wonder if you wrote this with anyone as the speaker in mind or not.

Well written and thought provoking. Keep up the good work.

~Tenshi
Reading Redhead chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
...wow. Seriously good stuff. I always wondered why Joanne had such a large role in SYWTBAW and never showed up again. I like that you've included her in the rest of Nita's life here. I think that the fact that she was the one who made Nita hide in the kids' reading room in the library in the first place is significant in a large, universal way. And I think that needed to be recognized!

The writing's good, too. Addressing Joanne as "you" throughout the piece was interesting and unexpected, but it worked out for you. I know I'd never be able to pull it off.

Keep up the good writing!

~Red
CharmedNightSkye chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
That was really cool. I never really thought much about Joanne and this was a really cool look into her life. It was intense writing and I really enjoyed it. Til later readings
browneyednerd chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
Oh my god. Wow. Just...wow. That was really deep.
redflame1020 chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
Very cool, I like. Never thought about Joanne much, just didn't like her.