Reviews for The Rise of King Miraz
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
Good story about Miraz's unhappiness about Caspian becoming king, and Glozzelle hinting that Miraz should over throw him.
Miss Pookamonga chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Oh, I LOVE this idea! Your characterization of Miraz is absolutely perfect-it's an exact mirror of his power-hungry, prideful self in PC. I also like how you mentioned the seven lords that Miraz had "disposed of" when he came to power; it was a nice touch. However, my favorite part was Miraz's counter with Glozelle...interestingly ironic how you made him the perpetrator Miraz's eventual rise to power, when he's the one that ends up killing him. And the idea that he and Sopespian just wanted power themselves, that which they could only get under Miraz, is very clever indeed...I can easily see them in that position. I also like how you showed Miraz as being easier to manipulate when angry-it shows his vulnerability to evil...anyhoo, I really love it. Your writing style flows easily, which is always good, and the plot is definitely intriguing enough. Good job; I can't wait for more!

Luv,

Miss Pookamonga ;-P

PS: Just a question: Is Prunaprismia going to be in this at all? B/c I think it would be quite interesting to see what her character is like...probably really snobbish :P
WiseQueen chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Like you, I also prefer stories from the periods of time that aren't covered by Lewis himself. He actually encouraged people to fill in those gaps by writing their own stories. The period that gets covered the most by fan fic writers, seems to be the rule of the Pevensies until they grow up and then leave Narnia - but you've chosen one that I've never seen described earlier. Good choice!

And good writing, too. At first I thought that you wouldn't have anything to build on, but then you started bringing in all these people that are only mentioned in Prince Caspian, and I realised that this might not be so unfamiliar after all.

There will be some time span to cover as well - if the King is only looking out for someone to be his Queen, at least a couple of years are likely to pass before his son is orphaned.

Lord Glozelle seems true to form from what we've seen of him in Prince Caspian. Now we're going to find out what lay behind his words to Lord Sopespian in that book. "We put him on that throne" - I'm looking forward to seeing how it was done.
BabyBeaver chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Cool.

It's a great start (it was a start, yes? I'mma little bit confused, but oh well. ), and I'm sure the rest of it will be just as amazing, because you're awesome. -
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Interesting start! I can't wait to see where you take this story! Update soon!
Faithfulpurelight chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
very nice petra!

*hugs unicorn* cant wait for more
H Max Marius chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Yo 'Verd! Nice Job! There are a couple of patches where 'Jackit would say something about the wording... 'moments ... moment' 'too many... too many' within a couple lines of each other... ;)

There was also a 'The' starting a sentence that should have been a 'Then'... (The Passarid coughed).

Your third section is definately the strongest... (I can see where you were most passionate about what needed to be said.) An important consideration is to make sure that you develop so that the reader cannot tell which section is your favorite, for they all have been developed to flow that smoothly. :) In a week, read the first section, and the third section, you'll be able to see what I mean about how it flows.

Again, good job! I definately want to read more! (and I'm looking forward to the rough drafts on the 2nd chapter!

hmm
Panda Rosa chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
A good overview of what may have happened. This has potential; it's always good to see unknown bits of Narnia.
floppyearsthebunny chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
This is great! I love it.
T.J Miller chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
Your an excellent writer
Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
*applauds* Very good pointy. A brilliant piece of work. I love how you portrayed the characters. I look forward to the rest.
elecktrum chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
Oh, this was a wonderful beginning! You did a marvelous job with the characterization - Miraz so bitter, Glozelle so conniving, and the nobles of Caspian IX's court were true to the brief descriptions afforded them in the Narniad. I particularly enjoyed the very end - I can just imagine the little smirk on Glozelle's face as he watched Miraz stomp off. Bravo zulu! Keep it coming!
Omnipotent One Envy chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
Hey! I'm having an online party, and you've been invited because your stories are totally awesome! Make some new internet freinds and have some fun! Food and Candy, Dancing and music! And of course, Spin The Bottle and Truth-Or-Dare! Perfect for if you're bored! Talk about your favorite show and books, and find people with similar

interests! The doors are now open! Just come to my forum labeled "FanFic Party!" See you there!

Sincerely,