Reviews for The Green Hornet: STILL AT LARGE
JanEyrEvanescence12 chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
This is really well done. I like how you put in many references to the radio show and the tv series. The characters acted exactly as I expected they would. And I liked that Kato was more involved. I thought the best part was the chase fight scenes. Writing wise, those are really hard to pull off. But I felt like I was watching a movie and I could actually see it happening.

I do have a couple of little tips. First off, Scanlon wouldn't have sought the death penalty for Fonzello. That's because Michigan abolished the death penalty in 1846. The harshest penalty he would've gotten is life without parole.

Also some story points didn't make sense. First off, (unless I missed something while reading this) what happened to the kidnapped dancers and why did Britt and Kato need Casey to come along? Also, the agrument scene between Scanlon and the cops/g-men was confusing. I had trouble following Scanlon's reasonings for ignoring the Green Hornet. I know he couldn't say the real reason. But if I was a cop/g-man in that scene, I would have immediately been suspicious of Scanlon based on the reasons he gave.

But overall, well done. I thought it was awesome. I hope you do more fanfics.
n9voc chapter 3 . 12/31/2008
A good tale, well told!

4 out of 5 stars, for the same reasons as given by "Pat" before.

It did so much remind me of the Green Hornet radio program, just the same mix of serious and camp. Well done!

'nuff said
pat weakley chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
I very glad to see another green hornet story posted. There are far too few of them, so it's always nice to have a new one to read.

that said, there are few improvements that need to be made. they are mainly grammatical such as using lied (telling a lie) instead of laid (as in laid down). there's a little too much use of words such as suddenly, unexpectedly, raced, etc. I know this is meant to add a more breathless tone to the story, but i think rephrasing or at least rethinking some of these areas could accomplish the same thing without so much repetition. also remember spellcheck and roget's thesaurus are the writer's best friends. you might also want to have someone proofread your story to take care of the small problems that are present in it.

otherwise an enjoyable read and i hope you keep up the good work. remember- practice makes perfect. :)

pat
Harry2 chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
A very nice start. My only concern is with the description of the Hornet mask. It sounds more like the 20's/30's Hornet mask than that of the 60's and beyond. But still, you have me intrigued. And as a Hornet fan, that is saying something!
Rocco13 chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
I noticed you write Batman fanfics too. What did you think of the time when they crossed over Batman(Adam West) with the Green Hornet on their television shows?