Reviews for Dendrochronology
Hurlstien chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Dude, I loved this. Seriously, it stems from something I could see Hidan asking Kakuzu in canon. You've kept them both entirely in character and even managed to add little (yet very important and interesting) details such as [As a child, he would painstakingly count each day until his birthday] and [Kakuzu tells him he has forgotten], forgetting you're own age? Wow, haha, yet it's quite believable because of how old he is and, like you said, he has more precious things to count.
Great little drabble, I don't care how short it is, I really enjoyed it.
Ch-ch-cherry Best chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
I beg to differ, I think this is a brilliant drabble. The characterization is great, I really love how you manage to be this concise and still say so much about the characters' psyche, through thoughts, dialogue and body language. Literally every word counts here, plus the whole association of the subject of age with the growth rings of trees and Hidan's sadism is so sophisticated and imaginative. Also, the way you alternate first person dialogue and third person description of Hidan and Kakuzu's conversation makes the writing itself expressive and beautiful to read, and the chemistry between them is huge. I feel like you're really using the medium and the characters to their full potential in this little drabble of yours. It's one of very, very best KakuHidan fics I've ever come across. A must read.
000000000000000009 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
cool,not bad...I..just didn't get half of it.. But it was really good. Poor uncle doesn't wanna tell Hidan that he's 91 years old. He'll be 92 soon. His birthday(August 15) is 2 days after mine.. ZI find that really funny. _
Tally Mai-chan chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
OMG ROFL! XD I LOVE IT! FUNNY!
yrume chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
This is wonderful, if short!

Count the rings... hilarious, cruel, and a little romantic at the same time, in a very strange way _

And very well written, I love your style.
Shikirou chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
This story was so short but still it made me laugh.

I think that it's kind of sweet... Well, in a sadistic and disturbing kind-of-way, but what's that anymore, right? Hidan and Kakuzu make it cute. xD
Yukiari chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Kawaii, In my favs.
Randy Savage chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
HAHAHAHA nice!
Pink Illusion chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
For some reason this really scared me, but it was well written. It just made me really freaked out, but it's nighttime, so I'm not really sure why. It was so good and yet so... scary.
RococoSpade chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
ha. good idea, hidan
Lyricism chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
XD Nice. You definately hit that perfectly. XD
Momosportif chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Very clever snippit! I do a dance of elation and commend you for the concept and hilarity! Good characterization too!
Senko Wakimarin chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
Haha, I like that. Cut him apart, so he can cut the rings!

I love your little tidbit stories... but I still wish they were longer..
ToDivideByZero chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
Hm, I'd like the tree in my yard to be Kakuzu. Of course, I wouldn't like a dead tree in my yard, and I doubt anyone would.