Reviews for Mastermind
Inkpot the round chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
This is one of my favourite Bleach one shots. I've stumbled upon it for the first time back in, oh, probably 2007 - 2008 and I have been unable to watch Bleach the same way since.

To take a minor character, mostly written in a romantic pairing with her captain, and give her such substance in such a short piece is truly brilliant.
This is the Nanao I like and would have loved to see more of in canon. This is also the story that made me really see how harmless and flat a lot of Tibe's female characters are.

Anyway, absolutely brilliant interpretation of Nanao's character.
Colette Hyuga chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
XD! She is so totally right! Auzen's elaborate plans really wasnt very smart- and i totally adored her last comment. But oh well, the manga/anime makers needed awesome battlescenes not amazing manipulation and politics right? Too bad- for aizen that is. And all the other antagonista of a story.
Ie-maru chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
This is really good!
StrangerInAStrangeWorld chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Evil!Nanao is cool!
Oreramar chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Bingo.

Seriously, I've thought the same thing about the whole captain-commander thing. Aizen could easily have shown up as a perfect choice, especially if he hadn't gone quite so far in hiding his true powers (I believe he presented himself as an averagely powerful captain?), and especially considering the demeanor he presented at all times. And, yeah, Yamamoto's a tough old cookie, but the word "old" is still part of that. All you need is patience and perhaps a little subtlety and a little luck, and wham, biggest opponent down, and key practically in hand in one fell swoop. I almost feel like Aizen should've been spiking the tea (or sake) of all the captains while he had the chance. It's easier when all the opposition are either dead, dying, or debilitated.

I think the excuse given for not using the easy-access extractor was because it was unreliable or something like that. Still, he's so good at arranging death scenes, you'd think he could also arrange something that looked like an accident should Rukia not have survived it, or should she have seen him. He'd been preying on the Rukongai souls for his own Hogyouku attempts without getting caught after all.

I think he just wanted the attention and melodrama owed to an openly evil mastermind. Sure, he's evidently sneaky and clever to have gotten away with so much over the years, but a victory where everything was practically handed to him and nobody ever saw it coming until it was far, far too late must have been abhorrent. He's a megalomaniac, a villain with an ego complex, overall too big for his britches.

I wonder if he was neglected as a child?
Ashes2Ashes121 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
I laughed out loud at the mental image of Nanao plotting world domination. You have a point about the flaws in Aizen's plans. When you put it that way, it does make sense. He really should have looked beyond his own arrogance and tried to recruit more help. There are several geniuses and prodigies in Soul Society, but he never tried to enlist any of them except for Gin and Tousen. I've always found that a bit weird. Great fic, I enjoyed reading it.
Lord22 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
This was quite amusing. That said, the plan wouldn't actually work that well. Yammamoto has been alive for over two thousands years, and if he had fought Aizen directly, he would have beaten him to death in seconds. More importantly, Ukitake is clearly capable of becoming Captain commanders, and Shunsui is perfectly capable of such actions on his own.
More importantly, Aizen would have a great deal of difficulty maintaining the loyalty of the Arrancar. Hollows respect strength, and though Ulquiorra, Halibel, and Starrk might have stuck around, I sincerely doubt that Aizen could motivate the likes of Grimmjow and Nnoitora without some kind of war.
Also, Aizen didn't KNOW the Kido to remove the Hogyoku, because it was within Central Forty six. Furthermore, Aizen would never be willing to bow his head to Central Forty six, and the Spirit King indefinately.
That said, you did bring up some good points, and it was very funny, so I would say you succeeded in this fic.
Kagehana.Tsukio chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
I loved the hay you just totally bashed all of Aizen's plans. And then at the end it's just like "BURN!"
Guest chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
brilliant!
Sparky48 chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
that was brilliant!
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
It's always the quiet ones. The genuinely quiet ones.
Fading to Black chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Woe to Shunsui, woe be him.
I love how Nanao out-thought Aizen in such a way as it actually makes a lot of sense. :)
untamabledragon144 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
... Woe is to the man who is THAT woman's captain... But what a beautiful way to go...
haeye chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Brilliant! I've read stories were the captain-commander is upset that he was thinking of Azien as a successor, but it makes sense. Loved how Nanao totally out thought him.
Shubhs chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Brilliant but there were quite a few grammatical errors which made it not as pleasing as it could have been. Still, completely ace. B)
79 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »