Reviews for In the Circle of Elemental Arms
RoninSword chapter 25 . 4/14/2013
I'll leave a more detailed review later, but I have to say that the ending did touch me. Wether it's a good or bad feeling has yet to be determined. I think it is both, an intense anger for the pain that I managed to echo on behalf of the guys, but the ending is nice, even if there is still the sting from chpt 24.
-RoninSword
Guest chapter 25 . 4/8/2013
After reading this for a week straight painfully unable to put my phone down (yes I read it on my iPhone so I could take the story with me) I can honestly say this is probably the best fanfiction I have ever read. Ever. Not just from Ouran Fanfictions, but my numerous other loves that I enjoy reading from. This made me laugh, cry, and even feel as if I was in some of the battles. This is amazing to say the least. That sums it up perfectly. Amazing.
animefan13666 chapter 25 . 3/16/2013
hi, firstly I want to say that I think this is a truly marvellous story, I've only just found it again after a long while and it still gives me thrills. you can almost hear the characters talking. :D
so thank you for writing this
lilly-flower15 chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
good opening chapter
kaji13 chapter 25 . 3/1/2013
That was so bittersweet...most stories that I read leave me with a smile and a warmth in my chest, but this one left me a little sad, a little heartbroken, but with a lot of hope and well-wishes for the future of Circle Fujioka. This is a little unsettling for me, and I think, after reading all 140k words of this incredible story, I've pinpointed why.

This story was REAL.

Obviously, I don't think that elemancy or circles really exist, that's not what I mean. I mean that the personalities and the situations and the lives of the characters were real, raw, messy, believable, relate-able. Not everything is fluffly warm-fuzzies; in fact, real life is hardly ever like that. People aren't perfect, their reactions aren't perfect, and as a result the relationships aren't perfect. They don't say or do exactly the right thing at exactly the right time. Wounds are slow to heal and leave scars. A soft touch or kind word doesn't necessarily make everything better, and some things may never get resolved.

That's how life is, and I am not used to seeing that kind of reality in the world of fanfiction. You have successfully raised the bar miles above what many people are capable of writing - you've potentially ruined all other fanfiction for me! I mean that as the highest compliment.

Thank you. Keep writing, always.
kaji13 chapter 24 . 3/1/2013
Oh god I'm heartbroken. I really, really wanted to believe that Haruhi didn't feel that way about Takumi because my heart will always be with the Host Club boys...but I guess I understand why you did it, and it wasn't totally unexpected. That doesn't mean I have to like it though. And I don't like her thought at the end, "They heard me say I loved him more than them" because I really don't believe that. She just loves him *differently* from them, not more.

I really don't want this story to end. I feel like there is so so so much potential here, for Circle Fujioka to grow and evolve, for Haruhi and the boys learn to really trust and love one another...so much potential. I don't care that this fic was finished nearly five years ago, it deserves to be said. If you ever revisit this fic or Ouran as a whole, I hope you consider a sequel, or even some one-shots about what happens from here.

This was without a doubt the best Ouran story I've ever had the pleasure to read, and I think part of me likes it better than even the original (I've always leaned more towards fantastical plots), so I am terribly sad that it's coming to an end for me. Your characters truly came alive and I really believed that the world and people you described could exist.

Thank you, so much for writing this.
kaji13 chapter 23 . 2/28/2013
Oh man, what a heartbreaking chapter. I can't believe it was Circle Sanano...

I'm so relieved that Haruhi and her boys are all ok though - phew! And it looks like their secret is intact!
kaji13 chapter 22 . 2/28/2013
Only three chapters left...I'm so sad about this! I know this is a fic I will revisit again in the future.

I did not see this coming...Circle Sanano might be behind everything? Oh mannn.

Again, I adore adore adore Huni!
kaji13 chapter 21 . 2/28/2013
As much as I enjoyed the throwbacks to Renge and Kasanoda (Kas and Tetsuya are two of my favorite secondary characters), I'm glad to be solidly back in the unfamiliar elemental world. This was a really great chapter. Lot's of excitement in the beginning with the storm-wranglin' and I'm glad that Takumi took her on a more 'relevant' date, so-to-speak, rather than something more romantic. As much as I love your character of Takumi, I'm not sure how I feel about him as a romantic partner for Haruhi, especially considering the complicated dynamic of his own Circle!

For some reason I found it adorable that Kasanoda wants to forge a Circle with Haruhi! I'm sure Tetsuya will be a part of this too :)

Onwards!
kaji13 chapter 17 . 2/26/2013
Oh my god, what a way to end the chapter. They failed in the attempt to forge a circle?

Well I guess she'll have something to report to Amaya...

PS I love Takumi! And of course all of Haruhi's boys and the little ways they show their love for her
kaji13 chapter 15 . 2/25/2013
Wow...that was seriously intense. This would make such an amazing anime...I really want to draw Circle Fujioka battle-ready, with their Balances! I can picture it all so well...wow...
kaji13 chapter 13 . 2/25/2013
I told myself I would only review the chapters that really impressed me...and I'm finding myself commenting on every single one.

I really loved discovering all of their new abilities and your descriptions, as always, were beautiful. This is quickly turning into one of my favorite stories
kaji13 chapter 12 . 2/22/2013
I really like Takumi's character - I find him intriguing. The scene with Huni and Haruhi at the end was great, he's a character that I never cared for in the anime, but he started growing on me when I read the manga as I realized the depths and nuances of his character. I really love the side of him you showed here.

Also the thought of Huni carrying Haruhi makes me giggle
kaji13 chapter 11 . 2/21/2013
I don't know how you manage to make each chapter better than the last, but you are continually impressing me. I also wish that this chapter (read:entire story) could be animated...this chapter was especially beautiful. I can't even say anything more about it, it was perfect.
kaji13 chapter 10 . 2/21/2013
Wow what a great chapter. Even the new characters you pull in feel like real people with raw personalities.
1,124 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »