Reviews for In the Circle of Elemental Arms
Sable Gloom chapter 13 . 10/1/2007
oh, I love this story so much! you are fantastic, please keep up the awesome work
Erilin-chan chapter 13 . 10/1/2007
OMG!

The story just gets even (even) better!

Magic and weapons! WOT! Every story should have them!

Oh and if you haven't thought about weapon types (although i'm sure you have, as your a great writer) I've always though that women/girls would look great using twin long swords. So if you like that could be haruhi's weapon, but i'm sure your ideas will be better!

hope you get over your cold (i've just had one for 2 weeks, and its still lingering!)

Good luck with the National Novel Writing Month. I hope you win! you write beautifully!

can't wait for more!
Estantia chapter 13 . 10/1/2007
Nice one again, I'm not minding the hiatus as I've just started uni, plus I'm extremely prone to long absences of updates on my own stories _'

But you've done it again, a wonderful chapter, and nice how they can bend gravity/etc, you've thought of some really interesting connections for the elemency to do, thinking round the box. Have fun _
Cettie-girl chapter 13 . 10/1/2007
Oh! These new talents look interesting. And I agree with Haruhi, it's definitely a good thing that Honey can voice-shift (and Mori can shapeshift) and not either of the twins (or Tamaki or even Kyouya for that matter). Much safer in the hands of a -nozuka. *nodnod*

The idea of Kyouya calling flying childish because he's bad at it is great too... but at least he's one up on over half the club in that regard still, huh?

I'm still curious to find out why they ARE telepathic rather than just empithetic... I can't wait till that gets explained. 3

And good luck with the RL stuff coming up. We all need more time and more money, ne?
rolle-rolle chapter 13 . 10/1/2007
Excellent as always!

And its good to hear that your fine.

Keep it up!
The.Hoppy chapter 12 . 9/25/2007
Halfway? Already? -pouts- But I was enjoying this. Good luck with that conference time, even though your presense shall be duly missed. And yes, I know, I haven't reviewed in...not going into time frame. So, to make up for lost time, I'll praise/babble.

Haruhi's mingled annoyance and concern is a wonderful thing to see, because I haven't read that many stories where she's so like, well, her, that's it's easy to imagine her in whatever role she plays. The way she feels about her powers and the thought of possible/probable repercussions is...refreshing. She's a tough girl, that one. But capable of so much emotion that at times it's startling (in a good way).

You were right when you said to look out for excitement and magic. This has fun twists, action, and original characters I can watch without wanting to bludgeon them with heavy objects. You're making me enjoy it more than I thought I would- which isn't meant as an insult, 'course not, just that I don't spend much time in this fandom.

Aie, I was hoping to leave a longer (better) review... I'm tired tho'. My apologies. -waves- Happy trails.

~Naolin
The Violent Tomboy chapter 12 . 9/23/2007
This is one hell of a cool Ouran AU. The whole thing is totally awesome. I really like how the elements were chosen (Kyouya is a total dark) and how this is really different but not different from the original plot.
Kaijukote chapter 12 . 9/23/2007
This story is incredible! I am completely captivaed by the way it seems so real, so different from OHSHC, but still so similar. I enjoyed reading every word of it.
Destiny Writes chapter 12 . 9/20/2007
Thanks for the great read! I love it Makes smile Please keep it up!
gatogirl1 chapter 7 . 9/19/2007
I love this fight/storm sequence so much! (When I first read it I was all, 'oh wow- didn't that work out cool with Haruhi's phobia and Water being weak against Lightning?') Was that intentional, as in putting Haruhi as a Water, or did it just work out all massively coolio like that? _

Not to mention I love the Hikaru and Kyouya moment here. We've seen Hikaru and Tamaki's storm reactions to her in canon, but I really did love this scene with all three of them. _ Hikaru's defensive protectiveness, Kyouya's practicality(I keep trying to picture this moment- how dense the dark would be, if it completely blots her face, or hovers mostly see-through from the outside), and Haruhi's fear overriding all else. _ Total yay at the hurt/comfort angle going on here; with everyone finding out here, rather just Tamaki as with canon, it sets up a better openness for them all to form a circle in the coming chapters- she shares this vulnerable side with everyone and thus methinks the bond with everyone are the better for it.

Makes me start to wonder about pairings though _
gatogirl1 chapter 3 . 9/18/2007
Oh, this was way cool; I'd been trying to figure out how the heck Haruhi would rise from 'dog' status, what with the main purpose of the club no longer solely the entertainment of the ladies by beautimus gentlemen. _ This was stinkin' awesome! _ On to chapter 4!
stagemystic chapter 12 . 9/17/2007
This story is amazing. Normally I avoid AU fics but I gave this one a shot. You captured my heart immediately. You write the 'colours'... I know it's a weird phrase but it's the only way I can think of to describe it. Sometimes reading fanfiction all you see are the words. In your story I see past them into the world they paint. It's so different from canon but it works beautifully. The characters are absolutely right in this world.

I love how you've tied the Host Club together with Haruhi as it's heart. I know she loves them all but I hope she falls in love with Mori. Even though he's connected to the others now, he's still hiding himself from them. I'd like to see him open himself up to Haruhi. Earth and Water just fit together. _

I love this story. Thank you for sharing it with us. You are a great writer. Let us know when you publish your first book (notice I said when!) and I'll rush right out and buy it!
Silver chapter 12 . 9/17/2007
Wow!

I just started reading your story and was absolutely amazed. The first chapter had me hooked, and I could not stop reading. I love the plot and the elemency idea!

I cannot wait to see how this story progresses especially how the characters grow accustomed to being in a Circle and the empathy between them.
Vmailer chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
I didn't realize this earlier until I went to double check on the fanart that you based this on...if Haruhi is a water elemental...and the fanart description has the following:

"...are most adaptable with the other elementals around them: they embrace the Earth, move with the Wind, refract Light, absorb Darkness, quell Fire and conduct Lightning."

Would this explain what happened to all of them when Haruhi is the core? If the water elemental is the core, then it might explain why everyone is so connected? oh well. Just a thought...

BTW, Takumi-san and Circle Sanano'll be so surprised as they find out they're tutoring such a royal(?) and elite Circle...("How did we go from managing a night club to tutoring illegal Circles? Ignorant Rich Bastards..." Just teasing. _)

Okay, I'll keep quiet now. Thank you again for continuing to write this fanfic.
Star Garden chapter 12 . 9/17/2007
YAY! Another chapter! You really make Mondays worthwhile!

XDXDXD