Reviews for New York, New York
peyote-angels chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
I always thought Ryan could be gay. And I always thought Hunter was hot.

This totally works.
becky chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
At first, I was reluctant to read this story because I usually don't like stories that don't focus on Scranton. But I absolutely loved this story. And I was surprised because I figured Hunter would just be mentioned maybe once in this story and that's all, but you had him as one of the main characters, so lots of kudos for you. And I love Ryan/Hunter relationships. This is the first one I've read, and I've been looking around for one a lot. So, I just wanted to tell you that this story is now definitely in my top favorite Office stories. Hope to see more of it soon.
monkaholic chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Whew! This was so incredibly good! And HOT! I know this story is a few months old, but I must have missed it, and I'm procrastinating right now and was in the mood for some good man on man action, and you did not disappoint! This story was very much in character, I could hear Ryan's voice in my head through the whole thing. Even the subtle romance with Hunter was masterfully plotted out and seemed like a perfectly plausible thing to happen.

I love that the fact that the people at corporate are just a more successful version of the people at Scranton and that comforts Ryan rather than depresses him. Loved his interest in Grace and his lost interest once she started talking about Tom Cruise's baby. Hee. My favorite part, though? This:

"At least now Michael won't be lusting after his boss anymore."

"Umm... Yeah."

Ha! I love Michael/Ryan, so that made me squee a bit. Anyway, I loved this story! It definitely quenched my thirst for some in character man slash.
HalloweenJack138 chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
The thing that really stands out to me about this one is how believable it actually is... More so, I think, than many of teh other Office stories you've written where supposedly heterosexual characters find themselves in same sex encounters: we get a sense of how lost and overwhelemed Ryan is in this new situation and how much he comes to rely on Hunter... so the final twist comes across as a rather natural extension of that. Similarly, you did a brilliant job setting Hunter up as a mirror of Ryan (all the more effective because Ryan completely fails to see it)... it's sad those two couldn't make it work, though, I felt more sympathy for Hunter in this one than I think I ever felt for Jim.

Nice work, Wert.