Reviews for hackEVA: Catharsis
Zeromaru Chaos Mode chapter 69 . 7/5
The past three days i've read through this. from start to finish. referred to here by TVTropes.

I am, astounded. That was beautifully written, with only a few spelling errors and misnamed characters here and there, easily ignorable as not even professional writers with expert editors are free from that.

Everything flowed beautifully, all as if a prologue for the actual game itself.

Asuka fans will hate you, but she's a cuntbag. no better than Sakura Haruno. but the end of her...at the end, when she broke free of her self-imposed stupidity, when she stopped wielding false armor and blades, and donned 'herself' instead...

THAT, is an Asuka i can enjoy. Personally i'd hoped the True Asuka would live on, because such beauty of self-discovery should be cherished, but her end...that too was beautiful. She Chose her own ending, having gained the power of Choice by way of understanding Herself. That, is an Asuka that was Beautiful and Strong. True Asuka fans will see that.

Overall, the characterization was wonderful. As one who loves Aura, her sister Lycoris, and her daughter Zefie, the personalization of all three was incredible. especially since i always imagned an R2 Zefie, clad in black leather and punching the everloving shit out of people, with a wicked grin on her face and laughing all the while.

Simply astounding. Definitely a recommended story.

Child of The World.

Well Done.
Ghost chapter 69 . 5/5/2014
How sad, what a well written bash fic. Its hard to see, but if you look you can see it. Some MarySue, set things up, break the old ending and make everything better. What a waste.
Arkisenn chapter 11 . 5/13/2013
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this story. It really is well written and keeps me interested. Better yet it catches the .hack universe quite well. I really feel like I'm dealing more with something that is .hack than NGE, yet at the same time, I never feel like the NGE characters are OOC. So great work there.
Seiye chapter 7 . 12/8/2012
Okay, I don't know which to worry about more when Asuka gets transferred to Tokyo-3. Rei's life or the last of Asuka's sanity. xD
Lycodrake chapter 69 . 12/2/2012
Decided to read this in my limited free-time before finals fully began, and definitely enjoyed the entire tale.

Though my knowledge of .hack is limited, having never played the games and only having watched Roots completely and read up on others details through the various wikis, I'm very glad to have read this.

I did laugh a little bit at the Gurren Lagann and Fate/Stay Night references, but didn't see them as being too overbearing. "Don't run away," indeed.
alatnet chapter 69 . 10/3/2012
My god. This is freaking BEAUTIFUL!
This is an epic story.
I wonder if you are going to do a small sequel to see how the lives intertwine with .hack/Quantum and .hack/The Movie: Beyond the World. It would be an interesting read for it. XD
Ethorin chapter 69 . 9/28/2012
that...was awesomely EPIC!... still wondering about the oblique and the obvious Nasu references... they seemed... halfway between fitting and 'why are you here'
Archnecromancer King chapter 69 . 9/6/2012
It was an honor to read your story. Thank you for writing it and hope your muse bless you forever. Thank you very much.
Archnecromancer King chapter 43 . 8/4/2012
I was yearning for Tomoyami! I really love this character! I loved the fight and thank you for your story!
Guest chapter 69 . 7/11/2012
That was AMAZING! Kinda didn't pick up on the metaphysical bits at the end though, maybe it's cause I wholeheartedly ignored episode 25 and 26 in favor of EoE. The mark of a good story I find is that it leaves so many questions for me to ask, and yet the answer usually boils down to "The answer will come in time" and that's fine. For all the loose ends, they all seem unnecessary and the plot seems whole and fulfilled, great work on that. I'm definitely favoriting this one to read again later
Taeniaea chapter 69 . 5/15/2012
Very Cool Story
Taeniaea chapter 64 . 5/15/2012
AHHH OH NO! Lycoris...:(
Taeniaea chapter 38 . 5/15/2012
Very Cool Chapter I hated sees Melchior like that. Mmm... NO! Lycoris has been taken.
Archnecromancer King chapter 40 . 4/15/2012
Hikari/Tomoyami how can you be so awesome? This is without a doubt the best version of Hikari ever written. See the class rep advancing on Asuka, with blood in the eyes and hatred in your heart, to avenge her friends was beautiful.

I even feel sorry for Asuka being manipulated, but I agree with Shinji: she must be stopped at any cost and for her own sake. Great story.

P.S.: His version of Kaworu is twenty times more manipulator bastard that Gendo! Really impressive! The scary thing is that I liked him so. Thank you for sharing this story with us.
HCVquizibo chapter 43 . 4/8/2012