Reviews for Shift
TrashLordKai chapter 21 . 7/12
I loved this story so much, you did a great job with it. Also thanks for making me cry in the last chapter
LadyoftheFlame chapter 13 . 6/23
Devlin's doing the pranks m, isn't he?
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 21 . 6/18
It's a great story, but I would have handled the epilogue a little differently. Instead of Sirius telling Harry that Devlin would be back (which is most likely a lie) he should have told Harry that Devlin left because he knew it was time for Harry to make new friends. So maybe they should go to Diagon Alley tomorrow and buy a pet for him, for a Christmas present, so that he could have a new friend, a familiar, maybe a post owl. The purpose of the epilogue should be to give a hint about how the "happily ever after" looks. Kids can handle pretty big disappointments just fine if they think there's a purpose to it.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 19 . 6/18
Unique! When I read about the boggart in book 3 I didn't think of it as even quite sentient. It never occurred to me that it could have any other life than living in closets and jumping out and taking the shape needed to scare someone. The thought that it could actually have a real life and even make friends with somebody just didn't occur to me.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 18 . 6/18
I don't think Sirius and Harry should be all that forgiving and forthright to Dumbledore. It was he who was ultimately responsible for the integrity of their judicial system, so it was he who was responsible for the miscarriage of justice that happened to Sirius. Also, it was he who was responsible for placing Harry with the Dursleys and not checking up on him. It was also clearly Dumbledore that was searching for Harry and Sirius, which is why they ended up at Hogwarts rather than the Ministry. Why would Harry just cave and spill the beans on his deepest secrets to Dumbledore just because he asked? At the very least they should be forcing Dumbledore to explain himself.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 16 . 6/18
Needs more explication for why the Aurors didn't follow standard operating procedure and take Sirius in to a holding cell in the Ministry for interrogation.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 9 . 6/18
Do you really think that someone in the Order would tolerate people shortening her name to that of their most feared female enemy? They would never call Arabella "Bella". Bellatrix is "Bella".
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 6 . 6/18
Shacklebolt turned into Shunpike?
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 5 . 6/18
Harry doesn't know anything about wizards. How could he possibly identify Sirius as one? He can't! He doesn't know that wizarding pictures move. He doesn't know wizards dress funny. He's never met a wizard that he remembers. If he does remember anything, he remembers Sirius as Padfoot that used to give him 'pony rides' and remembers his dog form, and he might remember that Padfoot could change into a human, but he wouldn't remember it was called a grim, and probably never encountered that term in his Muggle life and he wouldn't remember that Sirius was called a wizard.
Skybox chapter 21 . 6/13
Great story. I was surprised by Devlin being a bogart.
Alex chapter 21 . 6/7
That ending made me tear up a bit. I wonder what would happen if this Harry got dropped in that third year class...
Alex chapter 13 . 6/7
I've been thinking about the Devlin thing, and my best guess is that he's an animagus. As to who, he could be anyone, he could even be a she... Part of me thinks he's James, part thinks he's Dumbledore, part is just like "you'll find out when you find out" and part of me is just like, I don't know. However, most of me is quite certain he's the one causing the pranks
Alex chapter 9 . 6/6
It would be interesting to see a story with an intelligent, clever Harry who uses the fact that they both want him to trust them to get them to talk peacefully.
Nocturnal Storyteller chapter 21 . 5/28
I love this story!
Oh my gosh I ️️️ this story!