Reviews for Dessert to Die For
ChocolateChipCookie31 chapter 1 . 2/24
This entire story felt like an ACTUAL episode, and I loved it! Bravo! :)
Aileil chapter 17 . 3/6/2018
This is a great story! I never read it before because the summary (and the genre listing of angst) kinda scared me, but then I saw your illustrations on Deviantart and I had to know what happened because they made me curious and because I couldn't comment on them effectively without having read your accompanying tale. Anyway, I first want to congratulate you for so thoroughly matching episode style, form, dialogue, and characterization. Honestly, this would fit right in with the show. Secondly, I appreciate the way characters reference other events from the show, demonstrating that they do actually remember when similar occurrences crop up and answering the age old question of why they never seem to learn: they do learn, but people are people and frustrations build naturally and just because bad things have happened before when venting irritation doesn't make it easier to avoid it the next time. Also, the Skipper especially was handled thoughtfully. His actions and words with Gilligan match the show's entirely, but giving us a bit more of his internal thoughts on the matter makes him a little more dimensional and offers a degree of insight not suited to format constraints of television. You did this with everyone, but the Skipper was most notable. I also liked your little insertions of backstory for Gilligan and the Skipper. Aside from the Howells, they have the most common history and yet we don't hear it developed much. Even Lovey tells us how she fell in love with Thurston, but the show never did explain exactly how they got from the Navy to the charter boat business. :) Wonderful work! (And I'm sorry for inundating you on all fronts with my blabber, but when I find a 'project' I like to just go through it in order and quickly, so it doesn't clog up my other actual work; if I start driving you nuts, tell me to knock it off and I will).
MonJoh chapter 17 . 8/8/2017
That was fantastic. The characters were so in-character and the misunderstandings were so canon.
Katla chapter 17 . 10/18/2016
All your stories are so good! I've read this one twice. :) Might read the others all over again, too.
Mary Rose chapter 17 . 3/27/2014
Great story.
kristen.mcdermott.9 chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
The Tip of My Tongue chapter 17 . 1/3/2014
What a heart warming story! too cute!
n2play chapter 17 . 9/29/2013
This was a fabulous read! The way you balanced the seriousness of the situation/s while maintaining the humor of the show is brilliant and you couldn't have nailed the characters any better, this story could have come from their creator. I totally loved the peek into their pre-island past and the dream sequences were epic. This was actually my first story read here (recommended from a GI Facebook fan page) but definitely won't be my last. Your GI/Voyager tie-in is next on my list :)
Waterfall13 chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
Uh, oh. That won't end well
ShroudedInMist chapter 17 . 4/5/2013
i just started watching Gilligans island recently, and i gotta say your story was fantstic! i loved it!
Cristy W-S chapter 17 . 5/16/2012
I L-O-V-E-D this! Holy COW! You took me from tears of sadness to tears of laughter all in one go. What a wonderful ride, and such a classic ending. 'So does that mean that it can blink?' Really? Is there anyone more resilliant than him?

The scene where the miscommunication occured and they all thought Gilligan had passed away just blew me away! So well written, suspenseful, and everyone so in character, especially the professor. His personality is difficult to nail down sometimes because his actions aren't always as predictable as the other characters, but you are one of the few writers that so totally get him. Make sense? Sorry, but it's late and my thoughts aren't processing as well as I'd like. :)

Anyway, couldn't wait to tell you how much I enjoyed this! Hope you write more GI stuff someday :)
emjay79 chapter 8 . 5/15/2011
"Mink perhaps,but rats never!" LOL. Great line.
Teobi chapter 17 . 1/14/2011
Wow. I just read this fantastic story straight through from beginning to end and I was enthralled. It has everything- humour, half-heard conversations and misunderstandings, poisonous pies, pathos, adventure, hurt/comfort, a typhoon, The Howells being wonderful,the story about how Gilligan followed Skipper all the way to Hawaii, Gilligan running away (love his misspelled note), Gilligan being awesomely brave without realising it, an epic accident (Gilligan bouncing down a hill, ouch) and his lapse into unconsciousness (and then his fear of dying) which forces everyone to admit how much he means to them all. Yes, even you, Ginger!

I loved it. Tremendously. It was like watching an episode, but one with depth and dignity. It was never mawkish or sentimental or saccharine. I nearly cried myself when the Skipper came to realise just how important his Little Buddy was to him, especially after he forgot their 'anniversary' at the beginning.

The only thing I regret is that I didn't read it sooner! Brava!
cat94208 chapter 17 . 10/10/2010
This was a very beautiful story. The characters were in character and the plot was amazing. I am adding this to my favorites. I was sure I had already reviewed this story, but I checked and I hadn't. Thanks for writing this.
Rockport268 chapter 16 . 9/30/2010
Awwww! I love this story! Oh, and doesn't Gilligan have the top bunk because Skipper's afraid of heights?