Reviews for Dessert to Die For
Rockport268 chapter 9 . 9/30/2010
"What part didn't you understand?"

"The part after 'it's very simple'.

That is a TOTAL Get Smart reference! LOL! Yeah, this sort of stuff makes me really excited, lol...
callensensei chapter 17 . 6/6/2010
Wow - a chance to revisit this wonderful story, with an extra treat! There's nothing I like better than a classic Gilligan-Skipper hammock scene.

The nautical metaphors reinforce the two men's shared background of the sea and remind us one of their most touching moments in the series: when the Skipper went out to protect Gilligan from the typhoon. The scene from your story was even more moving, and I'm so glad Gilligan can remember it and has the courage to speak of it.

For you bring out a fascinating dynamic in their relationship in that while both men draw their courage from their great brotherly love for each other, acknowledging that courage would mean acknowledging its source. But that love is so overwhelming that it is frightening, especially for the Skipper, so he dances around the issue with self-deprecation and even irritation until Gilligan finally makes him stand still. Then the note of humour at the end pulls both of them back into the dance: a dance we love to watch again and again.

Bravi, bravi, bravissimi!
Maudlin Mush chapter 17 . 6/6/2010
Heh heh heh. I'm blinking, 'k?

Excellent way to round out the entire story. Thank you for the epilogue!
LADYMALLARD chapter 17 . 6/5/2010
An interesting addition to very well written story, it said alot for the close relationship that was always between the Skipper and Gilligan. As with the rest of the story it portrayed exactly what was always the hallmark of these two characters. Great ending to a terrific story.
Guest chapter 16 . 4/19/2010
That was positively amazing. So heart wrenching at every turn! Oh, definitely worth reading a few times over!

-GCOE
romirola chapter 16 . 12/30/2009
Wow! I just wanted to say I REALLY enojyed this story. It's definetley one of the most beliveable "Gilligan's Island" fic I've ever read. HOpe to see more from you! Thanks for posting!
callensensei chapter 15 . 10/3/2009
So many wonderful lines here! Here are just a few of my favourites:

"The Skipper smiled. 'That's very generous of you, Mr. Howell.'

The millionaire frowned. 'You don't have to rub it in!'"

-LOL! How very Howell, to have such a kind heart, but not want it acknowledged!

"'Alright, Gilligan, let's go,' the Skipper said as he carefully lifted his friend from the table and started towards the Howell's hut. It still made him a little sick carrying his limp form in his arms."

-I feel so sorry for the Skipper here. Carrying a sleepy Gilligan is one thing, but carrying a very sick Gilligan is quite another. And for all the Skipper's great strength, he's helpless.

"The Skipper kept on talking. He talked about their friendship over the years, all the things they had been true together."

-Oh, to have been a fly on the wall! But you wisely let us all imagine in our own way just what the Skipper would have said. Less is more. Lovely chapter.
callensensei chapter 14 . 10/3/2009
Hooray for somebody remembering that Gilligan has saved them from savages three times!

Oh, if there is one thing that would scare Gilligan, it's seeing how scared the Skipper is for him. You bring out both friends' vulnerability in the face of their tremendous love for each other.

The slumber party line was so sweet...and the final note of his falling asleep so ominous. Now for the vigil...
lizettevanessa chapter 11 . 9/29/2009
Wha! so excited! so amazing chpaters! oh noo! our little budy is hurt! oh the situation, the description of the moment and the worried of the skipper, i can feel it too!

Im running to read the next! so amazing, Espléndida, emocionante y maravillosamente descrita! mucha angustia! Me encanta!

Sorry, i cant found the words to explain it, so, i write it in spanish, jejejeje. Read you soon! bye bye
lizettevanessa chapter 8 . 9/29/2009
Hello! im just start to reading your storie i cant stop! em.. excuse my english, it is not my native lenguage, Im from Mexico, so, please sorry for my grammatic errors U_U

Callensensei recommende me your storie, but i cant believe that it is so exciting, and the description of the situations, and the feelings of the characters... Just Amazing!

Oh, what a fantastic storie, the drama, the anguish in the little and sweet first mate, OH! so marvel! and all for be nice and five a present to his superior and friend, poor little buddy.

so, im going to read the rest of your storie, you will know about me soon, very soon. I love your storie, this topic is my favorite, when Gilligan is put in dramatic and angst situations.

Take care sweet. Felicidades por tu historia, me encanta! Nos leemos luego, Adios!
callensensei chapter 13 . 9/26/2009
"Don't call me sir. We're not in the Navy anymore." Aww! Gilligan calls the Skipper that so often in the first season, and even salutes!

Loved the laundry list of jobs Gilligan lost in Honolulu (expressed in wonderfully cryptic remarks)and all the background on the Skipper and Gilligan's friendship in general. I can never get enough of that.

When reading the last paragraph I thought of the Skipper's words to Wrongway: "He needs a doctor." Because the Professor isn't one, and this must be a terrible responsibility for him.
callensensei chapter 12 . 9/25/2009
Oh - the Professor's worry is absolutely justified here, and lends a note of chilling realism to this scene. The Professor does have nerves of steel, but he knows that he lacks the tools, medical supplies and training of a real doctor. An injury like this, so treatable back home, could prove deadly under such primitive conditions.

The reactions of the other castaways are just as believable: the Skipper's growing worry ("I woke up and he...just didn't."), Mary Ann's overwhelming desire to hide or break down (and she does neither, bless her pioneer heart) and the Howells' and Ginger's inability to watch, all hold true.
callensensei chapter 11 . 9/25/2009
Lovely and very ironic title to this chapter!

The Skipper's gradual realization that something's wrong with Gilligan slowly deepens the tension for the reader. The badly infected four-inch long gash is a scary sight indeed!

With the recent resurgence of Gilligan hurt/comfort fics, I think this story's going to see something of a revival!
callensensei chapter 10 . 9/24/2009
It's about time I got back to reviewing this wonderful fic!

Thunderstorms are wonderful pathetic fallacy. This one adds so much tension to an already tense scene.

Beginning the scene in Gilligan's point of view and describing every kind of pain he's feeling slowly builds the sense of urgency and disorientation. We're as frightened and confused as Gilligan is, and the appearance of the Skipper is such a godsend.

And again you avoid the pitfall of melodrama, with the Skipper's deflecting humour and simple, no nonsense, "I forgive you. And I don't ever want you to speak of it again, and that's an order." This is a true, quiet, masculine friendship that needs few words.
El Kaye chapter 16 . 9/17/2009
This story is just all kinds of awesome! You captured the characters perfectly! So many great tender moments. And such suspense and excitement! One of your best, definitely!
81 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »