Reviews for The Face of Fear
Battywattywoo chapter 1 . 3/6/2017
Wonderful! It reminds me of the writing of Audrey Howard (author of some of my other fave books); yeah, it's how Anne would be if written by Howard. I can't help wondering if LMM secretly yearned to include this sort of detail, but was restrained by the conventions of her time.
MaverickPaxAPunch chapter 1 . 2/2/2015
Read this a while ago and lost track of it, for some reason - imagine how elated I was to find it again this evening! It was beautifully written. I've always enjoyed the books and movies since I was only Anne's age in the first one, and always felt as if I could relate to her. I always wished that there was more to it than the ending, so I'm very happy you wrote this.

This is not a disgrace to the author at all. It is absolutely imaginative, precious, and very deep. It shows how much they love each other, as is displayed in the original writing, and your very creative and spectacular writing. The emotions are clearly evident, and true to character. Thank you for this. L.M. Montgomery would be proud you did her beloved characters justice.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Thank you for this wonderful story. I really appreciated your sensitivity and maturity when writing, staying true to both characters. Nice addition about Gilbert's ermm..derriere haha. Simply wonderful!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
This is my first review so sorry if it isn't like others'. I have no idea what was with the random author's note XD, but I liked it very much. It showed the love that Gilbert, dare I say Gil, had for Anne and how much he truly cared about her. Very nice! :)
Lily Smith chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
I liked it apart from the love part, I know that they are deeply in love but it just seems like she is a different person.
After that I LOVED it, you had a really clear image in your mind when reading it, the adjectives, nouns, metaphors, personification, is just amazing!
Hope to read more like this in the future!
Well done
J. Metropolis chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Gorgeous! You captured their relationship beautifully.
Jedi Padme chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Nice story! Oh, and I loved the Elvis reference. I seriously could NOT stop laughing! Albeit silently, but that's normal.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
I'm sorry... I don't care that it's meant to be the love husband and wife share... This is straight up smut and a disgrace to LM Montgomery. Such things are meant to be shared between husband and wife... And not left out for everyone to read... If you're going to write 50 Shades of Grey-esque stories, use your own characters and keep cherished authors out of it.
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Lovely writing :-D
Daddyvegetables chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I really love this story. It shows the way a husband us supposed to love and take care of the wife. It is clear to me that Gilbert is so much in love with Anne so much so that he would put aside his needs and tender to his wife. This story is so beautiful and sensual and very sexy. It is my favorite rated M Anne fanfic I have ever read. Good job
LittleRiverSong chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
ohh wow this was emotion and thought put in to you write more please?
skepticalmind chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
I love this story, really matched the characters and LM Montgomery's writing. I hope you write more!
MusicalMaryann chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Very well written story. Well done.
azab chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
loved it great job :
JoPharmD chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
That was beautiful. It just put a smile on my face. Amazing job. I really enjoyed reading this fic.