Reviews for Only Forgotten
heloise1 chapter 1 . 2/2
Wonderful moment - it’s so beautiful and intimate, Luke is so real, so much himself here. I love very much the thought that he has been raised with love and in emotional security, that he had been given support, attention and affection he needed. Undoubtedly it forged the foundation of his personality and values, and now it helps him, gives him strength in a moment of conflict and decision.
Ardala91 chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
Good, so good...and well-written. I love the thoughts here and how we see into his relationship with Beru and Owen, and what luke knew about his parents beforehand.
F Maurice chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
It's good to know Luke has fond memories of his aunt and uncle. Good.
Solace Utara chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
I almost cried reading this. It's a very good job. It should be published... This is one of the best works I've seen.

I noticed a few conventions by the way...
Jelp chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
I think those are some of the most powerful words Luke could have spoken to Vader. "It is the name of your true self. You have only forgotten." And it is amazing how downcast Vader does authentically seem when he says, "It is too late for me, son."

I love how you have Aunt Beru's teachings, her words, that Luke looks back to in order to realize what Vader is missing. Nicely done! ~ Jelp
Dark.Adain chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
I love this - it explains exactly how Luke would be feeling after Bespin. I hope you continue to write really good stories, I'm waiting for the next update for 'Dark Times' (If you haven't abandoned it lol) :)
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Once again, good fic. I like the insight you've put into this, particularly with who Anakin used to be.
winterseh chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
This was a beautiful story. I can imagine that Luke would have had a moment just like that where his memories of the past start to come full circle. Beru was exactly what I would have liked her to be, had Lucas developed her at all.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
i think this is exactly what luke would have been thinking.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
I got really pulled into this one. The smooth writing style, the description and contradiction in "It seemed, at that moment, that had I wanted too I could have reached out in my frustration and touched the whole galaxy as the night sky darkened to tease me with the stars of distant worlds... "(congrats on making a sentence that long flow perfectly, btw)...very nice.

There's a real "Luke-ness" feel to this fic, with his kindness and his trauma warring. Tis good that you explore the relationship between him and his guardians. The movie didn't, after their deaths, almost at all.

The ironies are poignant.

I really like " wonder what my aunt would have thought of Vader’s actions when he backed me down the gantry and held a saber to my throat."

"“Uncle Owen had a swoopbike?”" lol!

Excellent job. There are some choppy sentences and an apostraphe where it shouldn't be ("Tusken's"), but this really is a fantastic exploration of Luke and his relationships.
mercurialgreen chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
you did a really good job with this. It's kind of a way to smooth out the transition between throwing yourself off a tower in denial and face to face acceptance that Luke went through. Good work!
Jedi-2B chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
I'm ashamed to admit that it's taken me over 2 months to find time to read this little vignette, but happy to report that I found it amazing. I could just picture Luke at this time in his life, struggling to deal with Vader's proclamation, trying to reconcile it with the memories that Beru had so generously provided to him. Beautiful job!
Forever-Luke chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
A very touching story. Enjoyed it very much.
ennui deMorte chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Beautiful. Just Beautiful.

I love how you described the scene between Beru and Luke-beautiful. And also how Luke applies his childlike logic to the redemption of his father. After all, if his stiff uncle was once a boy who owned a swoop bike and he had simply forgotten how to be that person, why couldn't the same logic be applied to an evil Sith Lord? Hey, children's logic is the best-somehow, when we grow up, we forget the important stuff.

I bet if Owen had still been alive, Luke would have tried to get him on a swoop bike next after redeeming the Sith Lord.
Fialleril chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Well done! I love your portrayal of Beru and her quiet wisdom.

Blessings,