Reviews for The Violet Room
pet chapter 10 . 10/10/2012
im so glad this updated
this is the only fic ive kept a tab on since i left the kh fandom

and it is soo good

and ienzo :c
Guest chapter 10 . 10/6/2012
Hello fantastic chapter despite the change in tone/setting/time etc.. eternally thankful to be able to read this! For the longest time I resisted reading this chapter because I had forgotten the previous chapters' content - totally worth the hours upon hours spent in rereading it all! Also, I don't know if you're much into Utada Hikaru (but judging from a clever inclusion of Simple and Clean as a ringtone I think you might be) but I recently came upon her song Kremlin Dusk which is absolutely amazing and seems to fit the ... I don't know, it just feels very, very much like the new theme song for this fic. Apparently it's also very literature rich in references (Edgar Allen Poe was mentioned). Again, thanks for the fic :33 Totally worth the year's waiting.
luckycat222 chapter 10 . 9/30/2012
That was AMAZING! I just started reading your story and it is AWSOME! I really like how long your chapters are too! So PLEASE update soon :D
epitaphed chapter 10 . 9/30/2012
I'm glad you're still updating this. I really hope you'll see this to its end, I've seen one too many great fics left unfinished.
timydamonkey chapter 10 . 9/29/2012
Finally got some time to drop a review (I'm afraid I'm not much of a reviewer unless there's lots I want to discuss)! I've been reading this story for years and updates make me so happy.

So I gather that what we're hearing here is Ienzo's first life, before he became a Nobody (possibly going into that next chapter, I don't know). Whereas what we knew before was his second life, pre-hospitalisation. Man, Ienzo and his dad don't have much luck in any timeline, do they?

This chapter was really well written (not to say that the others aren't!), though I did spot a few small issues - but nothing major, so it's pretty awesome being unbetaed. Poor Ienzo. Really interesting though: when you think about it, illusions can so easily be horrible things as well as good ones, and if you can't control them... well, you get this.

And Myde is becoming more like Demyx, too - will be interesting to see how that thread continues. I'd been wondering if the fact Mariana spoke to Ienzo would come out - I did a reread of the story before reading this chapter to remind myself of subplots etc. I might not necessarily remember, and I hadn't quite remembered that one (though I immediately identified her as Myde's mother during that scene).

I love your characterisation. You pretty much feel sorry for everyone, as everyone has a logical enough point of view. And I genuinely think this story is the best Zexion characterisation I've ever seen (...which is sort of ironic, as really he's Ienzo too, to some degree).

I also really enjoyed the structure of this chapter: I interpreted Ienzo's dad "he's dead" comment differently initially, then after the last few sections when it returned to the scene, I went back up and reread that bit with knowledge of the additional information and it had a different layer of meaning then. That was pretty cool.

As for side characters, I'm not a huge Disney fan, so I just assume anyone I don't know are Disney references. I'm down on my Final Fantasy references though! Sorceresses War? Wonder if Rinoa existed in this world.

M rating: your description didn't particularly bother me, but might be worth bumping it up just to be on the safe side. I imagine it would make some people a bit queasy.
Kioko Yasu chapter 10 . 9/27/2012
Holy crap, amazing!
SisterOfScarletDevil chapter 10 . 9/24/2012
I feel as though I should redo that picture I did... I could probably improve a lot of it... Maybe some day! And obviously I have no life since I read this in one sitting! D But it was just that good!
LUN4V3R4 chapter 9 . 9/24/2012
I am so happy that this story is back. It is one of my favourites and I was loosing hope that it would ever be finished. Thank you so much!
Visual.Kei.Bunneh chapter 10 . 9/23/2012
AnonFromBefore; I'm surprised I even had an account on here. o-o

Sarehptar, I've been following you since forever. I'm so glad that you're still keeping your word and working diligently on TVR. I'm sorry you've had such a strenuous year, but I hope that our love for TVR will give you something nice to think about from time to time.

It's true that there are some unedited bits here and there, but honestly, the piece is still stunning. I hope that DistortedGaze has the time to sort out her real-life issues and can continue to help. I'd gladly edit this piece for you, but I feel like I'd be invading into territory best left for her.

Anyway, I hope you can overcome all obstacles that come your way! You've become important to a lot of people, so know that you have your fandom to support you, even if it's just as a spring in your step after knowing you're making a difference!
Xeroana chapter 10 . 9/20/2012
Well first of all... I am highly confused. This story was just... so incredibly good! I've been keeping up with it for quite a few years now (has it been a year since the last update? It only feels like a few months.) This chapter was just.. brilliant! It's so confusing, but I guess I'll have to wait for the rest of the chapters to understand it more, yes? Oh wow oh wow oh wow. Ahh my mind is blown. Hahaha! I really love your work and this story! I liked the flashback you did while mother was setting the table. At first it was confusing but as you read more and more, it makes more sense. I'm trying to understand if Ienzo was just living in the attic while father decomposed or if he had somehow made his way up there. Perhaps the mother killed the father and Ienzo was just imagining his father being real? Oh so many possibilities! Keep up the excellent work! 3
The Light's Refrain chapter 10 . 9/20/2012
Very intense chapter. The sheer insanity of it is overwhelming (sometimes a bit too much - it got hard to follow during the latter parts). And I see Lea (Axel) has finally appeared. I wonder if that means the others will show up soon too.

Liked the subtleness of Myde's part. The quiet but building tension there was well done. Nice symbolism with the carpet (Aladdin's carpet, maybe?) Also, how curious that the more Myde is convinced he's heartless, the more emotional he gets.

I agree that this was a huge chapter. Probably too huge, since you can't read it in one sitting very well. You may want to have shorter chapters, even if it increases the total amount of chapters. So, maybe a shorter chapter every six mnths instead one one huge one every year?

Still lovin' it though.

Cya!
RufusIsAGhost chapter 10 . 9/19/2012
Oh wow! Another amazing chapter! :D I am not disappointed!
ha, I have class in the morning, and I was like, nope! I'm staying up to read this!
Totally worth it!

With writing this good, I can't complain that it takes long to update!
I am super excited to see what happens in the next chapter! Keep up the good work, and good luck with your new year too! I hope things get better for you!
Raayy1 chapter 10 . 9/19/2012
Although I was expecting more interaction with Demyx and Zexion I gotta say- I loved this chapter. Simply put, I like how you describe Ienzo/Zexion's illusions and damn how a kid was having to deal with that and it's just amazing. I wasn't so interested in Ienzo's life before but as I started reading it the writing fixated me and made me want to understand everything of him and THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS FANFIC. Seriously. I bow to your writing. Shall wait forever to get more of it /bowsss
Violet Shadows chapter 10 . 9/18/2012
The worst part is knowing it'll probably be 2013 before I see Myde's reaction.
The Agent of Mystery chapter 10 . 9/17/2012
Wow. Just... wow. You are an amazing writer. It takes skill to write something like that. Skill that you have. Keep being awesome.
( And can we have more Lea and Ïsa? They're my favorite characters. )
1,086 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »