Reviews for The Violet Room
Lilac Rose6 chapter 16 . 1/12/2016
I've been reading this fanfiction since seventh grade. I am now a licensed cosmetologist with a job and an apartment and I still get so excited when i see that you've updated. I've been waiting for the end of this story for... a really, really long time now. And somehow it lived up to every one of my expectations- from little, 13 year old Lai to the 18 year-old me who thought about how you might end it just a few weeks ago.

I hadn't really realized how weirdly entwined with my life this fic was until just now? It's over now. And on one hand now the suspense won't kill me, but holy shit. im gonna miss it.

your writing continues to be some of the best work ive ever read. your ability to describe the indescribable is amazing, and your use of vocabulary is just? wow. even though i joked about how long it took to update, every second i waited was well worth it. there was never a dull moment, and your grasp on the characters never wavered. your attention to detail was also pretty cool- all the characters and monsters and little notes to be found? like the remnant's passwords, haha.

hoping to see where your work leads you in the future!
thank you.
Jex chapter 16 . 1/12/2016
Oh my god. The shock and excitement I experienced when I got the email alerts for these last chapters! Thank you thank you thank you for this wild ride and for sticking with this story to completion. I don't usually leave reviews but The Violet Room means so much to me that I just had to say something. This fic has been one of my absolute favourites, not just for KH but in general. One of my favourite things is how, unlike most fics, you included the Disney cast and I wish more authors did that! I look forward to your future works and I'll definitely be bookmarking/following you once you're on AO3
crooked chapter 16 . 1/12/2016
Haven't read the updates quite yet. Just wanted to say beforehand: wow, didn't expect this fic to get bumped back to life. I'll have to reread the whole thing now. :P

No worries about the hiatus. Shit happens. Hope everything is and continues to be well with you!
moonlunes chapter 16 . 1/12/2016
This story is almost nine years old.

You said that in the notes, too, but I feel like I have to start with that first and foremost because that. is an absolutely staggering amount of time, and this story and your writing have been in the backdrop of my life for probably seven or eight of them. I am a completely different person now from who I was when I first found this fic, with completely different interests. I can't say enough how impressed and admiring and unbelievably grateful that you stuck with it for all this time. Congratulations on finally finishing it - I'm personally floating in this overwhelming sense of loss and completion right now, just as a reader, so I can't even imagine how you must feel.

Your sensory descriptions are so beautiful and vivid it's unreal - especially the visual, but as someone deeply sound-inclined, I always feel like the singing chords that Myde describes hearing from magic drag me even further into being immersed in the world and the story and Myde's own head. Not only that, but the overall tone of your writing feels like it's always so... perfectly suited to whatever scene you're in. The Violet Room goes from suspenseful, high-energy hijinks to things dark and deep inside of people and never feels forced on either end, or any other.

Ienzo and Myde as characters are so poignantly nuanced and exceptionally conveyed as people. The writing itself goes through the same journey as Myde in coming to understand Ienzo, it feels like - from painting him as mysterious and ominous and self-assured to a point, somewhere, when he is close and familiar and it becomes possible to read him, to understand his own questions and struggles he has about himself and his own nature most of all. While Myde comes to so many realizations and learns so many things and grows so much, thinking about all these things he never thought about before and finding everything inside himself and reaching a real self-acceptance while also - realizing the world is so much bigger, every world is so much bigger. I didn't actually expect that, until it started to come up, and it simultaneously shellshocked me and felt like - of course. That's always how the story was going to end, not in this hospital but in crossing a threshold to somewhere new and open.

Everything was wrapped up perfectly, I don't feel the least bit dissatisfied! But I do feel a little like I want to cry, haha.

Thank you so much for these nine years, sarehptar. The Violet Room is unspeakably beautiful and utterly unforgettable and I am so glad to have read along with it for all this time.
Shiang chapter 16 . 1/12/2016
Hello, after a long silence!

Thank you so, so much for completing this. I won't lie, I thought it had already finished after Chapter 13, but when I woke up this morning and saw the email listing three new chapters, I made a sound that was a lot like a shriek. That sound was repeated during the little "Nemo" sequence, and several times after that. Also, during the chase with Myde and Ienzo on the motorbike, I was imagining "The Chase of Highway" from FFVII: Advent Children in my head.

It's sad to hear that you've had such a bad time, but on behalf of all of your many, many fans, I can say we're glad you overcame it and that you're still here. Not only because of this fanfiction, but because the world needs a level of writing talent like this within it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to finish this, and thank you for acknowledging our wait.

Take care of yourself, and please, never stop writing. This is my favourite fanfiction and has inspired so many things within my own work and my own imagination, and I owe that to you and to the effort and dedication you've given this story.

So, thank you, take care of yourself, and I'll definitely be checking out your tumblr!

- Req.
Lazypage chapter 16 . 1/12/2016
Well, I managed not to cry. It was a close thing though. At Aerith's writin-oh, gawd, here comes another wave of emotion, okay, no I'm good, for real this time-Aerith's writing on Ienzo's wall about what it meant to have a heart was lovely. So lovely. The whole time it feels like the characters overlooked the simple fact that experiences (a thousand, million of them) good and bad make a person who they are. I LOVE that they found their answer. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. It felt so right to have a bit from Aerith's perspective at the end. That part echos the first chapter nicely. I'm alexithymic which makes it hard for me to feel what I'm feeling. I've never had that problem with this story because the characters, and their struggles, are portrayed so well.

The Destiny Island bit was unexpected. To see Sora, and Riku, and Axel at the end was something I ever imagined I'd wanted. But wow, it seems like such a perfect idea in hindsight. Or maybe the execution was just that good. Axel, Riku, Sora-best trio of all time? Me thinks it could be. And it gives Axel a chance for happiness this time around (can't the man just be happy?) Hands down funniest part of the chapter:

"Well, Well," he purred, "You married up."

"Ha, I know, right?"

LMFAO. And how dare Ienzo toss out the Papou fruit? (_) He does in fact not have a romantic bone in his body, you are correct Myde. Seeing them in domestic bliss makes my day. Aw babies how far you have come. And so, the story of Kingdom Hearts is about to repeat itself (is it too soon to ask for a sequel? Because this setup is AMAZING.) Of course the room at the end has to be violet (it's in the title, shut up and appreciate the parallels Myde.). So, we have established that this story is a masterpiece and I am emoting terribly right because it's finished right? /coughs/ Best fic ever /coughs/

There does seem to be a lot left out. The fates of Cloud and Vincent, and everyone else's storyline gets kind of tossed to the side. Is Myde's mom happy? Aerith and Cloud have to meet again at some point right? Ienzo doesn't get much screen time at the end. The fic feels like it could keep going and going on forever. I'm actually fine with not knowing. Sometimes readers just don't get to know.

Other things I forgot to mention that are wonderful:
Myde low-key not trying to freak out about Sora, considering how he died. / Axel's characterization/dialogue/descriptions. /Ienzo getting his power to manipulate Darkness back at some point. /Axel again./ Sora failing science XD / Myde being a dork throughout. /Riku./

Finally, hot damn. I've been following this story since high-school and am now a junior in college what do you mean it's over? All in all, the ending is lovely. The writing is lovely. The ride has been lovely. 10,000 kudos. 10,000 thank-yous. I still can't believe it's finished.
Guest chapter 13 . 1/7/2016
I have been standing here, tapping my foot impatiently, for nearly two years.
Dante Morgan chapter 13 . 12/14/2015
I truly enjoyed reading this story. It's easily the best one I've read within the Kingdom Hearts fandom and believe me I've read a lot of those.

Normally I'd try and give some constructive criticism in a Review, but there's absolutely nothing I can think of that needs improvement. The only advice I can give you is to keep it up, because you're doing great.

Very much looking forward to the final chapter. )
RufusIsAGhost chapter 13 . 10/30/2015
This is my favorite fanfic of all time. I've been following this story since before 2011, and I remember crying when I read this chapter when it came out.

I really hope you have not given up on the last chapter! 3 This is so well written, and I'm just on my toes still waiting to see if a new chapter has come out yet. Let us know how you are doing! Please don't give up!
PurpleArmadillo chapter 1 . 9/14/2015
Oh my word, I'm so glad I found this fanfic. Not only is this an interesting au but it's so wonderfully written and you've done a fantastic job with everyone's characterizations. I'm really enjoying it so far!
Dryad of the Woods chapter 13 . 8/21/2015
This is undoubtedly the best Demyx/Zexion fanfic I've ever read. Not only is the plot riveting, funny and angsty and everything else that make you try as hard as you can to read it in one go (oh those sleepless nights), but also what makes this story stand out is the way you wrote your main characters. I have read many fics featuring these two, some of them AU, some none-AU, or something in between, and in most of them the duo was either loosely based on the original characters, or tried and failed to bring them to life. Your Zexion and Demyx - well, let's put it this way - if I didn't know better, I would have sworn that your story is the TRUE one, as in canon. Like, Mr Nomura should consider releasing an extra with your story in it. You nailed them. And that is a very impressive feat, because we see so little of them in KH, especially Demyx. And Zexion is rather one-dimensional in the game. You managed to capture their essence and add depth to them, and in such a beautiful way. I actually always preferred AkuRoku to this pairing, that is, up until now. But AkuRoku, I think, is much easier to write, because we have everything on a silver platter in KH. Not that I would complain if you decided to write some, of course, in fact I encourage it very much :) But what you did with Zemyx is just fantastic. So fantastic, that it actually inspired me to draw again, and I haven't drawn in years. I won't be posting it because it's not any good in terms of skill, but when I look at it, something about it just feels right. And I never felt that way about any of my random attempts in all these years since I stopped drawing actively. And it's a start. So I solemnly promise: when I draw something actually worth showing to other human beings, I will make a contribution to your gallery on Deviantart. If you like it, that is. And needless to say, if you decide to post the final chapter of this story, it would make me and at least a million other people very very happy :)
Thecrier chapter 13 . 8/8/2015
God, this gives me hardcore nostalgia. I started reading this in high school. Obsessively. Now I'm a sophomore in collage and still as helplessly in love as I've ever been. Myde has grown so much over the story. I adore him. I'm such a coward too so it's too easy to empathize with him. The honest way his emotions are portrayed get me every time.

Seriously, this story never loses any of its appeal. I could read it again five years from now or 20. Or once every week lol.
Lilyana Skies chapter 13 . 8/5/2015
Can I just say I love this story? I read it before about a year ago, but I never reviewed because I'm one of those people who don't normally. So just know you made me extremely happy for creating this.
AlwaysRunning9 chapter 13 . 7/24/2015
WHERE IS THE LAST CHAPTER
Riku Lyonheart chapter 13 . 7/10/2015
EEP! awesomeness! This is, like, AMAZING! I loved it! Such a lovely spin on things, and a great NEW storyline too! There isn't a dingle thing that I could say was bad about this story. You gave your 110%, and I loved it 110%. Thsnk you for sharing your talent and ideas with us!
1,086 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »