Reviews for The Man Behind the Curtain
xXMistressMadHatterXx chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks so! XD I was like, "Huh... this kinda seems like Kyon's subconcious desire... A beautiful girl suddenly coming into his life promising exciting adventures, and three real people proof of her powers. Sadly the more dominant side of his brain is in denial, and demanded that proof (Itsuki, Mikuru, and Yuki) be shown. Still he has trouble believeing. Also, he couldn't possibly believe that he would be cabale of such a feat of super natural ability, that he created this girl to hold all the power!"... wow that was a mouthful! I'm acutally thinking of writing a story where the three of the other club members figure that out!
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Haha, brilliant! This is one awesome idea. I mean, I've come across it a couple of times before. But given the date of this story, it was probably one of the first hey? Eh, either way it's easily the best written story featuring the "Kyon is the real god" idea that I've seen. You do some truly excellent work. Keep at it.
Robert Varulfur chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Another great fanfic, obviously.

Two things.

First, thats so depressing thinking of him as simply the comedic relief that dies in the end!

Second, were you hinting that he thinks Yuki likes him as more than deep friend?
spacespork chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Very nice! I had never thought about it that way before, so it was quite interesting. Kyon seemed very in character, especially when he was talking about the Wizard of Oz. I loved that line about Koizumi at the end, it made me laugh. Overall, it was very well done. Great job!
shanejayell chapter 1 . 10/5/2007

I'm sure that viewers of Haruhi have often wondered why Kyon was chosen, but I rather like this explaination. Very cool.
Nitro chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Wow. This well-written fic presents a very interesting and viable theory. It was a very enjoyable read. Thank you very much.

To the reviewer who didn't get the Mikuru comment: Kyon assumes Mikuru goes along with Haruhi's harassment and embarrassing outfits because she believes Haruhi is the one capable of altering, destroying, and recreating the world. If it turns out that Kyon is actually the one with the powers; that Haruhi is simply his avatar; that he is the "man behind the curtain"... then Mikuru's attempts to appease Haruhi are for nothing, as Kyon is the real force behind Haruhi's apparent power.
Crazycit chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
Wow, this is great. I feel like this could be Kyon speaking. But it does bring up interesting fact that bends toward the idea of Kyonism (the religion Itsuki should be worshipping!).

I like Kyon's self-questions on the SOS members (although the Mikuru one is going stright over my head right now) because I think a lot of fans do think of those same things.

Overall, it was a really good capture of Kyon and was really interesting for a fanfic.

5 SOS Brigade members out of 5
kingdomhearts222 chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Oi! this is genius! So many thoughts spur from this one short one-shot!
an1979 chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Creepy ;)

Poor poor restless Kyon...
unknown user chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
Hm. Well written, and thoughtful. A little short, but still poignant. I was playing around with an idea like this, though I eventually opted to prefer playing around with the idea that Haruhi and Kyon are actually the same person - two sections of the same psyche. Kyon is the force for statis, and therefore has nothing around him but movement. Haruhi is the force for movement, and therefore is surrounded only by statsis. Btw, if you like that idea feel free to run with it - I'm too busy to persue it atm (trying to get back into writing my Omega fic, and starting on a few others, plus doing a ton of coding on various projects AND taking a math course :-/).
BlueDragonBoarder chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Very nice... I've pondered about Kyon's purpose in the SOS Brigade for some time now... Some of our conclusions are similar, while some differ... But all-in-all, I think they could all be possible... I'm especially fond of the "What if Nagato’s attachment to me is more than that of a deep friendship?" aspect of Kyon's thoughts... I analyze their relationship most of all...

I think Kyon has more importance to the SOS Brigade than most people think... A lot more... I've got lots of theories concerning Kyon's purpose, but I'll save those for another time...

I apologize for rambling... This is a great story...
Dissent chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Nice. The stream-of-conciousness style of writting keep the general flow of the story going. Additionally , great job mimicking the way that Kyon speaks