Reviews for It was just a few drinks
iloveromys chapter 23 . 3/11/2009
Yay! You're back! I just caught up with the last two chapters, and while I'm relieved that Rogue is all right, now I fear for Pietro and Wanda! Mystique's terrible (understatement of the year, I know)! To prey on Pietro like that when he;s vulnerable and practically losing his sister? ugh...and what are the (very few) x-men going to do now? Please update soon
Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 23 . 3/11/2009
Damn, you are not one to tone down the drama and angst huh? Oh well, I love you all the more for it! This was great! Mystique is such a total witch! Everything is now out in the open. Wonder if the X-Men will get to Pietro in time...update soon!

RogueNya chapter 23 . 3/11/2009
Yay new chapter, and a good chapter at that, nicely done on it.

Hope they can reach Pietro in time, and Save both him and Wanda.
Krauser chapter 8 . 2/25/2009
I love this so far, so I am looking forward to reading the rest of it. What I really like about it is the imagination and creativity. Its almost like you are totally unrestrained in your writing. By this I mean that you really delve into the "what if..." possibilities and sometimes surprisingly so. You do this without the constraints of worrying, well... that could never happen... or is that plausible? Like your opening chapter, that was very interesting in itself.

On the other hand, a little research can go a long way. So when you do bring up something medical/scientific you can at least be accurate if you are referring to some known condition and not something that you have created.

There may be a few spelling and grammatical mistakes but I think that this could be easily correct and would be much easier than teaching someone how to write creatively.

I also like the way you partition your chapters and add in a flashback section or some information that is relevant to the characters.

The content of the story is very interesting, as I had mentioned your creativity earlier. The whole kidnapping idea is interesting and you seem to do it well. Again, a little research into something like Stockholm's syndrome couldn't hurt. I like your vivid descriptions of the characters and their thoughts and feelings.

The way Remy has been teasing Rogue throughout is a story in itself. I like how you have let this run as a subplot and being creative with it, almost to the point of this becoming inane. I really am wondering when Rogue is going to slap this silly boy.

You're doing well to keep us readers on our toes guessing the relationship triangle between John, Rogue and Remy.

There were a few funny tidbits as well, like Pietro dousing Rogue with water and the cellphone picture of Rogue stuck in the window.

I would have liked some more detail on the break in, the thieves managed this a little too easily for my liking and also the retrieval of John that followed. I also found myself wondering how mystique fits into this and why the X-men are trusting her at all!

Regarding the whole scheme of stealing money, this is again another part where you have let your imagination run wild. Surely some authority figure somewhere would be on the case of money laundering of this magnitude. Something to think about but I don't think it detracts from the story at all.

Great story so far, keep going!
RogueNya chapter 22 . 11/26/2008
Wow, now just gotta save Wanda. And get the aftermath of this.
Espirofitos chapter 22 . 11/3/2008
nice story... UPDATE SOON!
Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 22 . 10/22/2008
Aw! YAY! The power of love in this chapter is truly amazing. First John's love for Wanda. Hopefully he was able to get through that thick-headed girl's skull! Lol And then Remy making sure Rogue got back control of her mind. He saved the day! YAY! LOVED IT! UPDATE SOON!

rogueraven1 chapter 22 . 10/22/2008
i'm glad remy made it in time to help save rogue
Wanda W chapter 22 . 10/22/2008
I feel terrible for Wanda, but am glad John is trying to get her to agree to at least try Hank's treatment. I hope that after granting her wish, she'll grant his and that somehow the treatment will help. It was great to see John so open with his feelings for her.

Remy going in to save Rogue was awesome and the way she finally came into her own, accepted her inner strength, and wrested control of her mind back from others was awesome. Him being there supporting was exceptionally well-done because while he was there he rescued her by making her rescue herself rather than just him dashing in to save the day while she stood helplessly by. Fantastic job! I loved both her Logan psyche and the real Logan's reactions and self-sacrifice.

tfobmv18 chapter 22 . 10/21/2008
I'm soo glad that Rogue's alright and nothing too bad happened her mind. I feel so sad for Wanda, it just doesn't look like there's much hope for her. Can't wait to see what'll happen next. I loved Wanda's comment about Rogue getting kidnapped, lol. Keep up the good work.
tfobmv18 chapter 21 . 9/21/2008
I really like this story. Zalen is sick, raping Rogue in her mind. Boy just fueled by revenge. Poor Wanda's going to die, Mystique is such a b.i.t.c.h. I can't wait to see what'll happen next. Keep up the good work.
MariahNevaehParker chapter 21 . 9/7/2008
I love this freaking story. Its so awesome. Update soon please, I'm dying to know what happens.
CaptMacKenzie chapter 21 . 6/28/2008
well, spoke too soon. So much for the happy, upbeat tone this story's been following all the way through these kidnappings... this is a decided turn for the darkest sort of angst. What a climax! And I was going to comment on how much I've enjoyed this quirky lightness in spite of the seriousness you'd expect from a plot like this. Still and all, it's good writing, and even though it's disturbing I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
CaptMacKenzie chapter 18 . 6/28/2008
Okay, we have one *BIG* problem with this story: your description of Wanda's illness. It would have added a LOT of credibility and prevented people from having periodic episodes of confusion while reading this, if you had done even minimal research on auto-immune disorders. There are plenty of real diseases, including cancer, lupus, etc., where the body attacks & destroys its own cells. If you're going to have Hank acting like an intellectual genius who knows what he's talking about, it would surely help if YOU knew what you were talking about!

Wikipedia or any online medical dictionary will have detailed descriptions of the causes, processes, and symptoms of the more common auto-immune disorders... so a couple hours of reading on your part would have greatly added to the coherency and believability of one of your biggest plot points. Your explanations so far have been vague, contradictory, and so off-the-wall that I've laughed at it instead of being concerned at the seriousness of the disease.

If you care about it, perhaps some re-writing of dialogue across several previous chapters would be in order.
CaptMacKenzie chapter 16 . 6/28/2008
I really love your story so far. It's awesome, and wonderfully complex. I'm glad I'm just discovering it b/c now I don't have to wait thru all these cliffies for updates. I want to compliment you specifically on the benevolent Cajun flair of the Louisiana characters, and also on the new mutations you've come up with (Bandit, Zalen, Risty, Taliz, Bella)... those can be particularly hard to come up with out of thin air.

You like to kidnap Rogue, don't you?

Along that line, I have a complaint. I'm rather attached to your old story, 'Villain Ties', and disappointed that you seem to have abandoned it. I'm glad for the creative energy that is (hopefully) allowing you to finish this alternate scenario, and while VT is more angsty than IWJAFD, I was enjoying it more. I really hope you can be inspired and unstick yourself from your writer's block or disinterest or whatever, so you can update that one.
226 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »